Wheelersburg 49 Minford 0

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by wobycat »

Minford at full strength would’ve made this more fun to watch. They did beat Oak Hill pretty good.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:27 pm
14U wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:44 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Really? Not even Valley?
Minford first 5 games was weak as they were number one in region but kept winning just to keep falling down. The region is weak from 7 down, when u see teams with 5-2 or 4-3 in top 8 and not play anybody with winning records? I said early on Minford should go 5-0 only to have 3 W’s and the two V’s left and would go 5-5 or 6-4. Vinton started a freshman QB and Minford scored two defensive scores late in game to win 28-21. That’s what was told. Vinton only has 6 seniors on team. West I went to that game and west pushed Minford Dline around most the night. West ran 4 QB sneaks for huge yards one being around 55 yard TD. The field was mud and slick too. West just lined up and ran right at Minford. West only threw maybe 3 times with a backup QB, Bradford was hurt didn’t play. Minford fans keep saying they have many starters out but I only know one Wiget runningback. That isn’t going to make a difference it’s the line play. But anything can happen that’s why we play the games!!
You sure love to talk crap about minford haha it’s every week with you minford has 6 starters hurt right now so if you don’t know then speak on it. Would it make that big of a difference no. But they will show up n play to the best of Their abilities and you act like scoring defensive touchdowns are a bad thing and the Vinton county game was a bad game but the Refs were the worst I’ve seen in years they kept Vinton close with phantom P.I calls.
I don’t talk crap just what I’ve seen while watching them this year. So it’s not crap when it’s true. As for refs I heard they were bad and defense TD’s are great to have never said it wasn’t. I was referring to a freshman QB that made mistakes when pressure hit him. I have my opinions and you have urs. Who is missing? Because the same starters have played when I watched them with Wiget getting tackled and came off field in pain. Hurt to me is not playing and if they’re playing they’re fine. Everybody is a little banged up, it’s football and you play through it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burg with the win. Minford having a pretty good year record wise, they just are not quite good enough to be able to play and defeat Wheelersburg. That's nothing to be ashamed of, neither are 99% of the other schools in SEO.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

14U wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Minford first 5 games was weak as they were number one in region but kept winning just to keep falling down. The region is weak from 7 down, when u see teams with 5-2 or 4-3 in top 8 and not play anybody with winning records? I said early on Minford should go 5-0 only to have 3 W’s and the two V’s left and would go 5-5 or 6-4. Vinton started a freshman QB and Minford scored two defensive scores late in game to win 28-21. That’s what was told. Vinton only has 6 seniors on team. West I went to that game and west pushed Minford Dline around most the night. West ran 4 QB sneaks for huge yards one being around 55 yard TD. The field was mud and slick too. West just lined up and ran right at Minford. West only threw maybe 3 times with a backup QB, Bradford was hurt didn’t play. Minford fans keep saying they have many starters out but I only know one Wiget runningback. That isn’t going to make a difference it’s the line play. But anything can happen that’s why we play the games!!
You sure love to talk crap about minford haha it’s every week with you minford has 6 starters hurt right now so if you don’t know then speak on it. Would it make that big of a difference no. But they will show up n play to the best of Their abilities and you act like scoring defensive touchdowns are a bad thing and the Vinton county game was a bad game but the Refs were the worst I’ve seen in years they kept Vinton close with phantom P.I calls.
I don’t talk crap just what I’ve seen while watching them this year. So it’s not crap when it’s true. As for refs I heard they were bad and defense TD’s are great to have never said it wasn’t. I was referring to a freshman QB that made mistakes when pressure hit him. I have my opinions and you have urs. Who is missing? Because the same starters have played when I watched them with Wiget getting tackled and came off field in pain. Hurt to me is not playing and if they’re playing they’re fine. Everybody is a little banged up, it’s football and you play through it.
Wiget, Crank, Walker, Skaggs, Veach, Miller who tried to play through it but left the game and didn’t return Friday. That’s not even the starters who are hurt from the beginning of the year including one of the best players in the area in Darius Jordan, then Reid Shultz, Levi Martin both had to have off-season surgery that put them out. So
Yeah it’s 6 starters.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Really? Not even Valley?
Go watch the film. The PI calls were all legit but 1 and there were two they didn’t call that should’ve been. VC isn’t as bad as their record. Good luck to minford this week.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Go watch the film. The PI calls were all legit but 1 and there were two they didn’t call that should’ve been. VC isn’t as bad as their record. Good luck to minford this week.
You do know there isn’t face guarding in high school and there was zero contact so no they weren’t legit. Go watch the film yourself there was only one that should’ve have been and they didn’t call it and the kid caught it. But this is getting off subject, good luck to burg and the falcons hopefully everyone comes out injury free.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 pm Nope. That one will come down to coaching. Give Valley the edge there.
Cant give the coaching edge to a coach who quit Friday night. Sorry. Just the way it is.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll give it to Crabtree until this guy at minford wins a few soc titles and some playoff games.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm

You do know there isn’t face guarding in high school and there was zero contact so no they weren’t legit. Go watch the film yourself there was only one that should’ve have been and they didn’t call it and the kid caught it. But this is getting off subject, good luck to burg and the falcons hopefully everyone comes out injury free.
I’ve watched it several times.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Sorry to hear that Minford has so many starters out wow thats a lot 6 starters but to be honest IMO it wouldn't matter if Minford was completely healthy Burg still rolls in this one just wish Minford was healthy cause now all were gonna hear is if Minford was healthy it would have been a different ballgame

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Good luck to Burg and Minford on a injury free game

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....
No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....
No not really. And I watched that West vs Valley game. Valley looked extremely soft and there was no effort on their part. If Minford gets semi healthy they can beat Waverly and throttle Valley. That's just the way it is.

As far as Burg vs Minford: Burg is better regardless how many injuries there are. I have watched Burg twice this year and they arent as good as last year, but still very good. If Minford can make a game out of it I will be impressed.

Minford can very well go 8-2 and host week 11 if they regroup and get healthier.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Nope. After minford plays burg they won't even be semi-healthy. Just the way it is. If they are that beat up after their first 7 games they'll be even worse Saturday morning. 7 and 3 at best for minford and they travel week 11.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Oh and it's burgs homecoming Friday. Sorry if ur a mumford falcon.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 pm Nope. After minford plays burg they won't even be semi-healthy. Just the way it is. If they are that beat up after their first 7 games they'll be even worse Saturday morning. 7 and 3 at best for minford and they travel week 11.

7-3 and a playoff game is a darn good season

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

For minford

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 pm Sorry to hear that Minford has so many starters out wow thats a lot 6 starters but to be honest IMO it wouldn't matter if Minford was completely healthy Burg still rolls in this one just wish Minford was healthy cause now all were gonna hear is if Minford was healthy it would have been a different ballgame
Wouldn’t make a huge difference but a little one maybe it would of been nice to be 100% for burg. Because you have to be to even have a chance haha

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Only shot they have at winning a conference game is valley,and I just got through hearing how soft they were. So if mumford is happy with that then 7 and 3 it is. Burg at, where does the parade start?

Return to “Football”