Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

Frank Reagan
Varsity
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:07 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Frank Reagan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Ironton’s offense not clicking yet? Averaging almost 52 a game over the last 3. I’d hate to see it if the offense does click.


Doing the right thing is rarely easy.

wobycat
SE
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by wobycat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Frank Reagan wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 pm
Ironton’s offense not clicking yet? Averaging almost 52 a game over the last 3. I’d hate to see it if the offense does click.
No offense but terrible take. Ironton should put up points on the last three opponents. I think he’s looking for something better against stronger competition. Coal Grove will be a better measurement.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:16 am

folks are talkin like they think the tigers have it under lock n key. we still have coal grove, gahs and end with Portsmouth. I ain't overlooking anybody. and we get everybodie's best effort. the ovc is top heavy with some pretty solid teams.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Fattseycline
Freshman Team
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Fattseycline » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:53 am

Grove was in the Gallia game until the last quarter. We had several chances to take the lead but you can’t win by only playing 3 quarters it has to be a complete game! We have a lot to work on! This week we will have to be mistake free! Game is at ironton so Cg is already down 14-0 at least.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Fattseycline » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 am

packers80 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm
Ironton wins, but they should. They should win every conference game because it's a bad conference. Ironton wins out,then one and done in the playoffs.

Not sure that the conference is bad but it’s not the strongest. Ironton has had some bad years in recruiting with the new staff I’m sure they will be better soon. I can say that ironton May win this week but I will almost assure you they won’t win the conference. I will say Gallia wins it they are very good and well coached now game is at ironton we know every opponent is down a touchdown or 2 before game starts

Fattseycline
Freshman Team
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Fattseycline » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 am

bcltcr wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 pm
Ironton is the better team, but they still aren’t clicking on offense. I don’t think Coal Grove does much on offense against them. Ironton by 2-3 scores.

Side note: what has went wrong at Coal Grove this year? I know they returned a lot. They lost to a mediocre Chesapeake team and had some tight games with lesser opponents.
Cg has lost a lot of starters. I expected this to be more of a down year then last year. Cg plays several of sophomores and a few juniors most skill kids are seniors but as far as line on both sides are all young. And we only have 37 kids out makes it hard to have depth. But this is no excuse we have been in every game we lost. Gave the peake and west game away. Gallia was the best team we played they are a pretty good team

Maniactough
Waterboy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Maniactough » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am

Fattseycline wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 am
packers80 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm
Ironton wins, but they should. They should win every conference game because it's a bad conference. Ironton wins out,then one and done in the playoffs.

Not sure that the conference is bad but it’s not the strongest. Ironton has had some bad years in recruiting with the new staff I’m sure they will be better soon. I can say that ironton May win this week but I will almost assure you they won’t win the conference. I will say Gallia wins it they are very good and well coached now game is at ironton we know every opponent is down a touchdown or 2 before game starts
Ironton has been using outside refs so saying the refs is favore Ironton is just a bad statement.
As for not winning the OVC that may be but simple fact is both have games before they meet head to head and one after they meet.
Ironton is much improved from last year and is a young team.
They control their own destiny so if the do not win the OVC title it will be by there own doing.
As for Gallia I am glad the turned it around and hope they continue improving for the sake of the league

Yukntny
Waterboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Yukntny » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:52 pm

I’m pulling for Ironton in this one. It just blows my mind we are in week 8 already. Wow where has the season gone.

packers80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by packers80 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Never thought ironton and coal grove would even be worth talking about.
Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

pistol
Riding the Bench
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by pistol » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Then why are you?

packers80
Freshman Team
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by packers80 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Just to see who replies
Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

RACELAND
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by RACELAND » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Fittin Tiggers roll in this one.

ballrmom1
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by ballrmom1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 pm

I know players on both sides of the ball this week so good luck to both.

Half Slice
Riding the Bench
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Half Slice » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Make no mistake Tigers, you will get Coal Grove’s A game.

Yukntny
Waterboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Yukntny » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Yep gonna be a fun game to watch.

645945
Riding the Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by 645945 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 am

Fattseycline wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:53 am
Grove was in the Gallia game until the last quarter. We had several chances to take the lead but you can’t win by only playing 3 quarters it has to be a complete game! We have a lot to work on! This week we will have to be mistake free! Game is at ironton so Cg is already down 14-0 at least.

Yes they were then a field position mistake in the third quarter made things a lot harder for the hornets. Rock Hill made the same mistake against Ironton in almost the same situation. Knowing when to punt is important. Line play is key, skill guys are close. Will coal groves line answer the bell. They are capable.

User avatar
79Tiger
Varsity
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by 79Tiger » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am

Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D

Fan Friday
Freshman Team
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Fan Friday » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:42 am

79Tiger wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am
Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
I was thinking the same exact thing, but didn’t say it. It gets so old hearing it!

User avatar
Rosco
Waterboy
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:18 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Rosco » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 am

Doesn’t the OVC use an assigner to deploy officials for games? If so the premise that a school hires officials to cheat is unfounded and ridiculous.

CGFAN#1
Riding the Bench
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by CGFAN#1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:02 am

pistol wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Then why are you?
So the last 3 years it was staff only in why CG was on even level with Ironton? Had nothing to do with CG being as talented? The last two losses for CG could have been coaching also.
Looking at Pigskin preview Rock Hill, Ironton and Gallipolis had the most returning starters to start this season. Resuts seem to match experience.
FYI don't sleep on CG as the offensive talent is there. 4 quarters of solid defense and this will be a real game.
Go Big Grove!

CGFAN#1
Riding the Bench
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by CGFAN#1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 am

79Tiger wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am
Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
How easy you forget. 2 years ago CG versus Ironton and the mysterious scrum where Ironton came out with the ball well after the whistle blew made a huge impact on that games outcome. Was it cheating? Debatable.
I hope calls are fair. I can say CG has had several calls at home and away that hurt outcomes yet all losses were winnable.
I hope this game is clean and injury free.

Yukntny
Waterboy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Yukntny » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 am

Really refs do the best they can in my opinion. Are some calls questionable. Yes. But to say it’s only at Ironton is crazy. I’ve seen my fair share of odd calls at CG and other places. The remark of being down 14 when you play at Ironton can easily be said at about every school around here.

User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 23319
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am

the recruiting and ref comments, I won't even give any attention to. but I think this will be a dandy ball game. but I think ironton prevails.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

wobycat
SE
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by wobycat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 am

The grove is one team that doesn’t fear the old mystique of ironton anymore. They’ve been in almost every game since the joining of ironton. With it being at ironton and ironton probably overall a better team, I’d say ironton pulls it out with a couple of scores late. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an upset but I don’t think it will happen.

28-14

VetteMan
All State
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by VetteMan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:47 am

CGFAN#1 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 am
79Tiger wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am
Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
How easy you forget. 2 years ago CG versus Ironton and the mysterious scrum where Ironton came out with the ball well after the whistle blew made a huge impact on that games outcome. Was it cheating? Debatable.
I hope calls are fair. I can say CG has had several calls at home and away that hurt outcomes yet all losses were winnable.
I hope this game is clean and injury free.
Just wondering! Did Coal Grove win the OVC last year? Were there no Scrums, and were all the Calls Fair last year?

Post Reply