Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by 12gauge »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 pm I go to watch the game on FB. First time to see tigers play for 10 years. Thanks coalgrovelive on Facebook! Great job!!!

Fosson stomps for touchdowns and breaks up a fairly tight emotionally present game!

Go tigers!!!
I sent you a pm on here

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I also sent you a pm on facebook

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

On a serious note. After the game one of Ironton’s coaches son got hurt on the side lines he wasn’t a play appeared to be jr age or younger. Has anyone heard about him?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Coal grove owned the tigers tonight until the 4th qtr when of course got screwed by the officials. The unsportsmanlike flag should have been on both players. Absolutely ridiculous

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Waterboy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 pm Coal grove owned the tigers tonight until the 4th qtr when of course got screwed by the officials. The unsportsmanlike flag should have been on both players. Absolutely ridiculous
Typical response. Did you ever consider that CG just isnt as good as Ironton?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:52 pm
Waterboy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 pm Coal grove owned the tigers tonight until the 4th qtr when of course got screwed by the officials. The unsportsmanlike flag should have been on both players. Absolutely ridiculous
Typical response. Did you ever consider that CG just isnt as good as Ironton?

You didn’t watch the game did you ? Total horse sh!t . Look at the stats when they come out in the paper and you’ll see

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I watched on Facebook. Neither team played that well. Grove played well enough to win but their coach didn’t call a good offensive game. It was funny to listen to the coal grove fans. I’m not sure if the refs were trying to homer the hornets but they did a bad job managing the game. Several times, both coaches were scratching their heads.

Hail Mary
Waterboy

Post by Hail Mary »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 pm I watched on Facebook. Neither team played that well. Grove played well enough to win but their coach didn’t call a good offensive game. It was funny to listen to the coal grove fans. I’m not sure if the refs were trying to homer the hornets but they did a bad job managing the game. Several times, both coaches were scratching their heads.
I was confused on how the CG tailback was made to sit out the the fourth quarter for a concussion when he was cramping from the previous play after getting tackled in the ankles and they wouldn’t let him return. Total bogus call kid didn’t even get to finish the game a senior who missed out cause the ref couldn’t do his job.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 pm I watched on Facebook. Neither team played that well. Grove played well enough to win but their coach didn’t call a good offensive game. It was funny to listen to the coal grove fans. I’m not sure if the refs were trying to homer the hornets but they did a bad job managing the game. Several times, both coaches were scratching their heads.
I agree 100%

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

One Coach kicked the football back on the field when the Ref was tossing it off the field, that was a flag lol.

The Hornets have a pretty good Team, #30 is a beast running the ball. The Fighting Tigers left the middle open all night and the Hornets were taking advantage of it, especially in the 4th Qtr.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Hornets should have gone for 2 when they had 12 points. They lost momentum after that missed kick. Another battle between the two teams as expected.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

79Tiger wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:38 pm Hornets should have gone for 2 when they had 12 points. They lost momentum after that missed kick. Another battle between the two teams as expected.
I agree. Cg has a good kicker but he’s in a bad slump now it’s all mental he hasn’t made one in a while. Good physical game!

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Tough loss for the Hornets tonight. Played hard all 4 quarters. Even though the score was not in our favor we were just as good as a good Ironton team who had a lot of returning players.
I like how Ironton is trying to bring back attitude and pride with all your social media posts but you need to go back and look again and you will notice CG was not dominated, we were able to move the ball on your defense and we were able to stop Carrico who is a good player both on offense and defense. Your qb did a good job extending plays and the passing game is what opened up your running game imo.
In regard to the refs yes CG fan base was critical which is typical when you are the away team and calls tend to lean to the home team but I would say 4 unsportsmanlike calls against CG was retaliating against some of the chippy cheap shots from Ironton players. That style of play and attitude I don't respect.
Both teams had turnovers that were costly. Ironton turnovers kept CG in the game and CG's may have kept them from winning. All turnovers were kids trying to make plays.
Two energetic coaches and a nice new rivalry. The last 4 games have all been battles. I say the kids respect each other more than the fan bases do.
Again I am Proud of my Hornets effort tonight. Go Big Grove!

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Since Rock Hill was in Gallia, I went to this game as a neutral spectator, and a fan of football. The Refs were not that bad at all, except for 3 occasions:

1)During Coal Grove's touchdown in the 4th, The Ironton kid who tackled the Coal Grove kid in the endzone should've been flagged and potentially tossed from the game. That was uncalled for, especially when he was already 5 yards in the endzone.

2) How Coal Grove's coach wasn't tossed is beyond me.

3)In regards to #2, the White hat shouldn't have gotten into the face of Coal Groves coach, and call the penalty in his face. That was also uncalled for, which probably explained why Coal Grove's coach was irate and had to be held back by players and coaches.

All in all, Good hard fought game by both teams!

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

I was so close. Ironton by 14

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

I believe the refs was bad.
It seemed in the second half they was calling a official timeout and neither team could get much momentum.
Ironton truly needs to work on its turnovers a fumble inside their 10 lead to a CG Td.
A interception kept points of the board for Ironton.
And the penalties they need to be contained they are killing this team against better teams Ironton will lose.
Not saying CG is a bad team.
They hung right there with Ironton I truly hope though that Ironton was over looking CG and that the coaches held back on some game planning in order to not give Gallia anything to go on.
I know a lot of people will point out it’s the 8th game of the season and there should be nothing left to hide.
But a good coach tries to keep something in reserve for games like next Friday.
CG did impress me by the way they didn’t give up.
Ironton impressed me by the turn around from last year.
But the mistakes need to be heavily addressed for this young Ironton team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds like tempers were flaring. I hope the play was not dirty by either side. and I hope that there is never a situation where refs decide who wins or loses. I wasn't there. so I couldn't say. nice effort by the hornets, and nice win by the fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Yikes!!

CG assistant kicking the ball in anger back on the field was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a while. Be an example for your student athletes coach! Absolutely should have been flagged regardless of which official called the penalty. Then the head coach had to run to restrain an assistant coach that was charging across the field to confront the officials after the game while the teams were shaking hands.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

On the fumble at our 9 yard line,it was a center\qb exchange under center,but it was our 2nd string center playing after starter went down. Those things happen.
Good ballgame,ironton shot their selves in the foot numerous times. There were at least 2 maybe 3 late flags thrown on us after we got the 1st down 10-15 yards behind the ball. The refs were terrible at keeping the game under controlled. CG coach that charged and had to be restrained should have been tossed. I get fighting for your kids but that was out of bounds

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Well the officials were awful and coaches can only take so much. Between them putting Sites under concussion protocol when HES HOLDING HIS LEG AFTER A ANKLE TACKLE and not letting him return is just wrong. The horse collar on CGs TD in the fourth that was very late. CG also had two more forced fumbles that were called down when fossen and carricho were fighting for extra yards, then was an inadvertent whistle when CG was onside kicking off after their second score. Late holding flags on huge plays for CG, Gallia should beat Ironton by 3 scores but with the game being at Ironton it will be closer than it should because the offials. BTW this was coach Ferguson’s first experience being at Ironton other coaches are probably used to being cheated there!

Return to “Football”