Waterboy

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by RACELAND »

Fittin Tiggers roll in this one.

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

I know players on both sides of the ball this week so good luck to both.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Make no mistake Tigers, you will get Coal Grove’s A game.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Yep gonna be a fun game to watch.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Fattseycline wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:53 am Grove was in the Gallia game until the last quarter. We had several chances to take the lead but you can’t win by only playing 3 quarters it has to be a complete game! We have a lot to work on! This week we will have to be mistake free! Game is at ironton so Cg is already down 14-0 at least.

Yes they were then a field position mistake in the third quarter made things a lot harder for the hornets. Rock Hill made the same mistake against Ironton in almost the same situation. Knowing when to punt is important. Line play is key, skill guys are close. Will coal groves line answer the bell. They are capable.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
I was thinking the same exact thing, but didn’t say it. It gets so old hearing it!

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Doesn’t the OVC use an assigner to deploy officials for games? If so the premise that a school hires officials to cheat is unfounded and ridiculous.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

pistol wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm Then why are you?
So the last 3 years it was staff only in why CG was on even level with Ironton? Had nothing to do with CG being as talented? The last two losses for CG could have been coaching also.
Looking at Pigskin preview Rock Hill, Ironton and Gallipolis had the most returning starters to start this season. Resuts seem to match experience.
FYI don't sleep on CG as the offensive talent is there. 4 quarters of solid defense and this will be a real game.
Go Big Grove!

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
How easy you forget. 2 years ago CG versus Ironton and the mysterious scrum where Ironton came out with the ball well after the whistle blew made a huge impact on that games outcome. Was it cheating? Debatable.
I hope calls are fair. I can say CG has had several calls at home and away that hurt outcomes yet all losses were winnable.
I hope this game is clean and injury free.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Really refs do the best they can in my opinion. Are some calls questionable. Yes. But to say it’s only at Ironton is crazy. I’ve seen my fair share of odd calls at CG and other places. The remark of being down 14 when you play at Ironton can easily be said at about every school around here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the recruiting and ref comments, I won't even give any attention to. but I think this will be a dandy ball game. but I think ironton prevails.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The grove is one team that doesn’t fear the old mystique of ironton anymore. They’ve been in almost every game since the joining of ironton. With it being at ironton and ironton probably overall a better team, I’d say ironton pulls it out with a couple of scores late. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an upset but I don’t think it will happen.

28-14

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 am
How easy you forget. 2 years ago CG versus Ironton and the mysterious scrum where Ironton came out with the ball well after the whistle blew made a huge impact on that games outcome. Was it cheating? Debatable.
I hope calls are fair. I can say CG has had several calls at home and away that hurt outcomes yet all losses were winnable.
I hope this game is clean and injury free.
Just wondering! Did Coal Grove win the OVC last year? Were there no Scrums, and were all the Calls Fair last year?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

And before my fellow Hornets get on here and rebuke me, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking. Our run defense is terrible.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

And before my fellow Hornets get on here and rebuke me, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking. Our run defense is terrible.
If that's the case, I'll go 35-14 Tigers

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

2trap_4ever wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am The only thing that will determine this game is if the Grove can somehow muster up something that looks like a run defense. Haven't seen it yet this year, but anything is possible.

Didn't they lose all 5 down lineman and both linebackers from last years defense?

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

OVCFAN83 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

I hope the Hornets can muster some kind of run defense before Friday as they will be facing the premier running back in the Tri-State who resides in the Tiger Backfield............

Return to “Football”