Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

Maniactough
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Maniactough »

I believe the refs was bad.
It seemed in the second half they was calling a official timeout and neither team could get much momentum.
Ironton truly needs to work on its turnovers a fumble inside their 10 lead to a CG Td.
A interception kept points of the board for Ironton.
And the penalties they need to be contained they are killing this team against better teams Ironton will lose.
Not saying CG is a bad team.
They hung right there with Ironton I truly hope though that Ironton was over looking CG and that the coaches held back on some game planning in order to not give Gallia anything to go on.
I know a lot of people will point out it’s the 8th game of the season and there should be nothing left to hide.
But a good coach tries to keep something in reserve for games like next Friday.
CG did impress me by the way they didn’t give up.
Ironton impressed me by the turn around from last year.
But the mistakes need to be heavily addressed for this young Ironton team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds like tempers were flaring. I hope the play was not dirty by either side. and I hope that there is never a situation where refs decide who wins or loses. I wasn't there. so I couldn't say. nice effort by the hornets, and nice win by the fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Yikes!!

CG assistant kicking the ball in anger back on the field was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a while. Be an example for your student athletes coach! Absolutely should have been flagged regardless of which official called the penalty. Then the head coach had to run to restrain an assistant coach that was charging across the field to confront the officials after the game while the teams were shaking hands.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

On the fumble at our 9 yard line,it was a center\qb exchange under center,but it was our 2nd string center playing after starter went down. Those things happen.
Good ballgame,ironton shot their selves in the foot numerous times. There were at least 2 maybe 3 late flags thrown on us after we got the 1st down 10-15 yards behind the ball. The refs were terrible at keeping the game under controlled. CG coach that charged and had to be restrained should have been tossed. I get fighting for your kids but that was out of bounds

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Well the officials were awful and coaches can only take so much. Between them putting Sites under concussion protocol when HES HOLDING HIS LEG AFTER A ANKLE TACKLE and not letting him return is just wrong. The horse collar on CGs TD in the fourth that was very late. CG also had two more forced fumbles that were called down when fossen and carricho were fighting for extra yards, then was an inadvertent whistle when CG was onside kicking off after their second score. Late holding flags on huge plays for CG, Gallia should beat Ironton by 3 scores but with the game being at Ironton it will be closer than it should because the offials. BTW this was coach Ferguson’s first experience being at Ironton other coaches are probably used to being cheated there!

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

12gauge wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 am On the fumble at our 9 yard line,it was a center\qb exchange under center,but it was our 2nd string center playing after starter went down. Those things happen.
Good ballgame,ironton shot their selves in the foot numerous times. There were at least 2 maybe 3 late flags thrown on us after we got the 1st down 10-15 yards behind the ball. The refs were terrible at keeping the game under controlled. CG coach that charged and had to be restrained should have been tossed. I get fighting for your kids but that was out of bounds
The coach should have been put on the bus when he kicked the ball like he did.......... :( :(

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

OVCFAN83 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm Well the officials were awful and coaches can only take so much. Between them putting Sites under concussion protocol when HES HOLDING HIS LEG AFTER A ANKLE TACKLE and not letting him return is just wrong. The horse collar on CGs TD in the fourth that was very late. CG also had two more forced fumbles that were called down when fossen and carricho were fighting for extra yards, then was an inadvertent whistle when CG was onside kicking off after their second score. Late holding flags on huge plays for CG, Gallia should beat Ironton by 3 scores but with the game being at Ironton it will be closer than it should because the offials. BTW this was coach Ferguson’s first experience being at Ironton other coaches are probably used to being cheated there!
The long pass play that Sites caught was absolutely holding, the Ref threw the flag as the QB was throwing the ball. If the Tiger player wasn’t held it would have been a huge sack.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Doesn’t the OVC employ an assigner that deploys officials to league contests each week? If so, how could Ironton, Coal Grove, South Point or any other member influence a game?

This is why there is a dire shortage of officials around Ohio. Who wants to put up with the kind of abuse being showered about for basically minimum wage?

Shame on the fan that excused a coaches poor behavior. Expect more from your adult role models.

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:00 pm
OVCFAN83 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm Well the officials were awful and coaches can only take so much. Between them putting Sites under concussion protocol when HES HOLDING HIS LEG AFTER A ANKLE TACKLE and not letting him return is just wrong. The horse collar on CGs TD in the fourth that was very late. CG also had two more forced fumbles that were called down when fossen and carricho were fighting for extra yards, then was an inadvertent whistle when CG was onside kicking off after their second score. Late holding flags on huge plays for CG, Gallia should beat Ironton by 3 scores but with the game being at Ironton it will be closer than it should because the offials. BTW this was coach Ferguson’s first experience being at Ironton other coaches are probably used to being cheated there!
The long pass play that Sites caught was absolutely holding, the Ref threw the flag as the QB was throwing the ball. If the Tiger player wasn’t held it would have been a huge sack.
I agree it was a huge holding call that got missed.
But it was also blown coverage officials will miss some calls but that is no excuse to allow someone to get open as the Cole Grove player was.
The officials was bad all around IMO both teams had to deal with it.
It was a well fought game Ironton shot theirselfs in the foot several times and was lucky to come out with a win.
Against Gallia if they continue the trend if turnovers and penalties they will get beat.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

The officiating was poor, both ways I believe. The OVC assigns officials, so accusing Ironton of cheating is a moot point. Remember, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Just ask Fairland what they think about the clock “mysteriously “ malfunctioning during the game at Coal Grove last year.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Frank Reagan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:16 pm The officiating was poor, both ways I believe. The OVC assigns officials, so accusing Ironton of cheating is a moot point. Remember, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Just ask Fairland what they think about the clock “mysteriously “ malfunctioning during the game at Coal Grove last year.
How does a clock not working affect the outcome of a game. The official time is kept on the field anyway.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Fairland’s AD went ape on the officials after that game because of timing issues according to observers that were present. Fairland backers were insinuating a fix was on for weeks after the game.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

How does a scoreboard clock going out only affect one team?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

pistol wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:21 pm How does a clock not working affect the outcome of a game. The official time is kept on the field anyway.
Not so fast my friend. FACT: The official time is not kept on the field unless the stadium clock malfunctions. If officials cheat, as being suggested on this thread, how easy would it be for an official to manipulate the time kept on the field? He could slow the clock if the home team is losing or speed it up if the home team is winning in a close one. Talk about the ability to cheat. That's what got Fairland's panties in a wad during the close affair at Patterson Field last year. I'm not saying it happened, but the opportunity for a fix was there.

No official wakes up and says, "Who am I gonna cheat tonight?", but they sure get accused, every night of the week.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

Post by mattash »

Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

You seem to be upset that you got beat. Btw, the game is at Gallia ;)

pomeroy panther
Waterboy

Re: Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

Post by pomeroy panther »

Surprised Ironton won this game without Hunter Humphreys.

Return to “Football”