Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post Reply
smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by smurray » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 am

May as well get this one started.
West at 6-1 and #2 in region 20 invades the jungle to take on the 6-1 Tigers, #5 in region 16.
Don’t think it’s any secret the Tigers need to stop the running attack of the Senators and will have to be able to pass the ball very well as the Senators run defense is top notch.
Tigers need to put last night behind them and FOCUS on West.



Kicker.
Freshman Team
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Kicker. » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:27 am

If Waverly can stop the run I believe they win this, along with tackling which was basically the reason they lost last season to west
A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Omega
S
Posts: 1694
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Cooley Springs, SC

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Omega » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 am

I hope Waverly came out of the Burg game with no new injuries and that during this week's practice they can overcome the shell shock of the 49-0 loss.

As to the Senators, they will dominate the line of scrimmage and use a punishing ground game to dominate the clock and the Tigers, 36-14.

Still, Waverly has a shot at limping into the playoffs if they can win two out of their last three games. Even if they 6-4, they will have exceeded my expectations for the season.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

metwct44
Waterboy
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by metwct44 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 am

Hoping for a strong showing from Waverly. But i think Hurd and the West stout defense will prevail.
West 35-14

Doyle Hargraves
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:33 pm
Location: Nauvoo

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 am

The West Side takes this one......
The law's on my side!

greygoose
S
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by greygoose » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Kicker. wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:27 am
If Waverly can stop the run I believe they win this, along with tackling which was basically the reason they lost last season to west
At this point in the season you kind of are who you are, and I don't think Waverly is going to fix their run stopping problems in a week. I believe West will control the LOS and pull this one off by 3 scors, 35-14.

Beergogglebluez
Freshman Team
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Beergogglebluez » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Is waverly still banged up? I think west takes it either way.

LOMBARDI9.9
Waterboy
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:48 pm

West wins

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15070
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Ironman92 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:50 pm

If Waverly banged up it’s hard to imagine them winning. PWest is really solid. Could be a 20-14 type game.

Burgfan/grad85
Riding the Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 am

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Burgfan/grad85 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:27 pm

I believe that. Waverly will throw the ball with success against West. The question is can Waverly stop West running game or just slow it down ? If they can I think Waverly wins by 2 scores

FANOSPORTS
SEO
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:36 am

Waverly has to get the ball to score. West will eat clock and rumble, stumble, bumble to a 21 point win.
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

SiderBlood
Riding the Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by SiderBlood » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:20 am

Burgfan/grad85 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:27 pm
I believe that. Waverly will throw the ball with success against West. The question is can Waverly stop West running game or just slow it down ? If they can I think Waverly wins by 2 scores
I’m not familiar with the waverly team a whole lot. If they still have injured starters I don’t see it being close. As in within 3 touchdowns . We aren’t prolific on the pass defense but it’s enough to stay in . And west will drive , drive, pound and play physical ball. I can’t see them keeping up for 4 quarters .

Proud_Pirate63
Varsity
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Proud_Pirate63 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:13 am

West wins this one.

Kicker.
Freshman Team
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Kicker. » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 am

greygoose wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Kicker. wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:27 am
If Waverly can stop the run I believe they win this, along with tackling which was basically the reason they lost last season to west
At this point in the season you kind of are who you are, and I don't think Waverly is going to fix their run stopping problems in a week. I believe West will control the LOS and pull this one off by 3 scors, 35-14.
That is true however I think Waverly will make it more of a game than many think. They have good enough athletes to score at will it's just how much time West will give them
A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

packers80
Riding the Bench
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by packers80 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:55 pm

West in this one but closer than what people think. Waverly isn't as bad as they showed Friday nite, burg is just a different animal. West is one dimensional, which will hurt them week 10 when they play burg for the soc title. Burg in that one and it'll be by more than 2 tds.
Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

VetteMan
Varsity
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by VetteMan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 pm

I agree with the post before saying to try to put this past weekend in the past. The Tigers have been playing with a lot of confidence all year, I hope that they are able to regain it again. They will need to be able to have some success early on against a very good defense. Lets hope for an injury free game for both teams.

greygoose
S
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by greygoose » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Well anytime you turn it over 4-5 times in a game like Waverly did you're probably going to lose, do that to a team like Burg and you lose big. If Waverly can get a stop or 2 I can see this being closer because honestly I don't think West has the players to keep up with Waverly's skilled guys. My big hang up is just how much time of possession is going to favor West and how many times will Waverly actually get the ball.

RACELAND
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by RACELAND » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:43 pm

I’ll take West in this one. Very physical team. Good on defense. If you can’t stop the running game you will never see the ball.

packers80
Riding the Bench
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by packers80 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Good point
Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Burgfan/grad85
Riding the Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 am

Re: Week 8 West (6-1) at Waverly (6-1)

Post by Burgfan/grad85 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:55 pm

greygoose wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 pm
Well anytime you turn it over 4-5 times in a game like Waverly did you're probably going to lose, do that to a team like Burg and you lose big. If Waverly can get a stop or 2 I can see this being closer because honestly I don't think West has the players to keep up with Waverly's skilled guys. My big hang up is just how much time of possession is going to favor West and how many times will Waverly actually get the ball.
Very good statement. Waverlys turnovers caused the blowout same thing happened to Burg in week 2 against Hartley. When you turn the ball over great teams capitalize on those turnovers.

Post Reply