JR High, JV and Varsity football Combined Rec

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

JR High, JV and Varsity football Combined Rec

Post by EasternDspy »

How are the Jr High and JV teams doing at your school?

Fort Frye

7th & 8th Grade - 5-0
JV - 4-0
Varsity 5-0

14-0

JV beat Belpre 50-7 last night.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: JR High, JV and Varsity football Combined Rec

Post by Orange and Brown »

They are doing well but it's Jr high and jv so records done mean all that much to me.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm They are doing well but it's Jr high and jv so records done mean all that much to me.
Just showing the brightness of the program. All 3 teams run the same offense and defense and it will prepare them for next level.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Mostly wanted to see how other schools were doing.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth’s jv program is a complete mess. Watching some of the games I’m told they are separate from the varsity. Are the tackling dummies for the varsity which is fine and get little to no reps. Every jv game I been too the varsity players are there giving tips. Portsmouth tells there varsity kids to leave the sideline. Pendleton at Ironton yells at his jv team like he’s coaching the game. You don’t see a varsity coach at Portsmouth. Or they are somewhere else. Those kids can’t learn if there not somehow included in practices. I see why there not subbed in. They don’t know the plays. They stand during practice and watch. Portsmouth is not a powerhouse so every kid needs to learn. It’s week 7 of the season and the juniors should be concerned that’s who blocking for them or catching next season. I’d put starters and jv together like mentors the last few weeks and have them teach what they can. Especially the 2 quarterbacks. They need reps at full speed in practice and in games if possible. I go to practices, varsity and jv games. The jv seems to be the forgotten group.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:29 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm They are doing well but it's Jr high and jv so records done mean all that much to me.
Just showing the brightness of the program. All 3 teams run the same offense and defense and it will prepare them for next level.
Not Portsmouth. I’m just a observer and chat with parents and people in the stands but told jv knows a few varsity plays and run pretty basic default plays. I too think they should run the same exact play book. But that’s what I’m told so it could be false.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly JV (score could be off a bit)
8/25/18 Waverly 49 Piketon 6
9/01/18 Waverly 21 Zane Trace 13
9/10/18 Waverly 27 Miami Trace 6
9/17/18 Oak Hill 28 Waverly 26 don't know why Waverly didn't kick PATs like Oak Hill did unless due to rain OH.
9/24/18 Waverly vs Wellston rained out
10/1/18 Waverly 42 Vinton County 6
10/8/18 Waverly @ Burg
10/15/18 Waverly @ West
10/22/18 Waverly vs Minford

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

That was Belpre's second JV game of the season. We are 1-1.

Started back in August with 17 players. Now up to the high 30's.

Just having that many kids out and fielding a JV team after several years of no JV football is a huge step in the right direction.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Mister Bee wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:43 pm That was Belpre's second JV game of the season. We are 1-1.

Just having that many kids out and fielding a JV team after several years of no JV football is a huge step in the right direction.
Was not taking shots at Belpre

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:11 pm
Mister Bee wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:43 pm That was Belpre's second JV game of the season. We are 1-1.

Was not taking shots at Belpre
I know. I am just happy that we have enough boys to field a JV team.

Better results will come with more experience.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:08 pm Portsmouth’s jv program is a complete mess. Watching some of the games I’m told they are separate from the varsity. Are the tackling dummies for the varsity which is fine and get little to no reps. Every jv game I been too the varsity players are there giving tips. Portsmouth tells there varsity kids to leave the sideline. Pendleton at Ironton yells at his jv team like he’s coaching the game. You don’t see a varsity coach at Portsmouth. Or they are somewhere else. Those kids can’t learn if there not somehow included in practices. I see why there not subbed in. They don’t know the plays. They stand during practice and watch. Portsmouth is not a powerhouse so every kid needs to learn. It’s week 7 of the season and the juniors should be concerned that’s who blocking for them or catching next season. I’d put starters and jv together like mentors the last few weeks and have them teach what they can. Especially the 2 quarterbacks. They need reps at full speed in practice and in games if possible. I go to practices, varsity and jv games. The jv seems to be the forgotten group.
New coach and same results sounds as if nothing has changed for the Trojans. That's a shame there was a point in time where you always knew you were headed for a hard fought game anytime you took on the Trojans as they were one of the top teams in the area for quite awhile.

Return to “Football”