Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Re: (5-1) Southeastern @ (4-2) Unioto

Post by se-alum »

SE if Carroll doesn't play, Unioto if he does.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm SE if Carroll doesn't play, Unioto if he does.
Surgery on Wednesday. He’s out until next year.

I’m interested in seeing what the Shermans do offensively. They still have that big line and some guys who will run hard, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t change a whole lot, but we’ll see. Obviously it wouldn’t be nearly as dynamic.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sorry to hear that about Carroll. Hes one heck of a running back. I may have missed what the injury was. I'm guessing probably a knee. Hopefully he will come back even stronger next year. I think if Unioto can somewhat contain Ruby, it will be a very good ballgame.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

SE no Jc

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

SE 22
Unioto 15

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Panthers

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:47 pm
se-alum wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm SE if Carroll doesn't play, Unioto if he does.
Surgery on Wednesday. He’s out until next year.

I’m interested in seeing what the Shermans do offensively. They still have that big line and some guys who will run hard, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t change a whole lot, but we’ll see. Obviously it wouldn’t be nearly as dynamic.
Hate to hear that, hopefully he comes back fully healthy next season.

Big question, where does Unioto get their offense? I think the style SE plays kind of negates the Tanks speed on defense. SE will be more than happy with 3.5ypc all night long, and hope Ruby gets that big run or 2 in. I still think it's close. 20-14 SE.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Just don’t see Unioto winning this game without Carroll, he was and is their offense.... I usually don’t say that about one player but it’s the case here.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

is southeastern's only loss Vc?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 am is southeastern's only loss Vc?
Yes. A game SE should've won. Self inflicted mistakes cost them.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

se-alum wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:15 am
you are correct, Vc has looked bad in past weeks. this loss could come back to bite them in the butt

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am
you are correct, Vc has looked bad in past weeks. this loss could come back to bite them in the butt
Nah I don't think that loss is going to hurt SE, I think without Carroll, Unioto has simply relied on him so much that they haven't explored any other offense. Think you'll see SE win this one and really go into a huge week 8 showdown with Paint Valley.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:11 am
Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am

Nah I don't think that loss is going to hurt SE, I think without Carroll, Unioto has simply relied on him so much that they haven't explored any other offense. Think you'll see SE win this one and really go into a huge week 8 showdown with Paint Valley.
I agree. If SE beats Unioto, the SE/PV game is likely a fight for a 1/2 seed in Region 23.

Firefighter2010
Waterboy

Post by Firefighter2010 »

I think southeastern better be ready to play unioto isn’t going to just lay down they are a lot bigger look for this one to be close even without Carroll

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Firefighter2010 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:46 pm I think southeastern better be ready to play unioto isn’t going to just lay down they are a lot bigger look for this one to be close even without Carroll
Who says Southeastern won't be ready to play?? Don't think anyone mentioned Unioto laying down just because they don't have Carroll. My question is what does Unioto do on offense without him?? When we mention losing Carroll we're talking about a kid that carried the ball 30 and a lot of times 35 plus times a game, in high school that's HUGE and now not only do the kids have to get ready without that offensive production now the coaches have to adjust their game plan as well. I think this will be a close game and probably a pretty good one really but at least this week there's to much unknown for me on the Unioto offense. Until I see how they do without Carroll I just can't pick them until I see how they overcome losing so much of their offense. Good Luck to both teams

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm
Firefighter2010 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:46 pm I think southeastern better be ready to play unioto isn’t going to just lay down they are a lot bigger look for this one to be close even without Carroll
Who says Southeastern won't be ready to play?? Don't think anyone mentioned Unioto laying down just because they don't have Carroll. My question is what does Unioto do on offense without him?? When we mention losing Carroll we're talking about a kid that carried the ball 30 and a lot of times 35 plus times a game, in high school that's HUGE and now not only do the kids have to get ready without that offensive production now the coaches have to adjust their game plan as well. I think this will be a close game and probably a pretty good one really but at least this week there's to much unknown for me on the Unioto offense. Until I see how they do without Carroll I just can't pick them until I see how they overcome losing so much of their offense. Good Luck to both teams
Losing Jamarcus is huge, but they still have a very big and good offensive line. I think Jamarcus was just such a safety net that it was easy to feed him as much as they did. I have confidence in the coaching staff being able to mix and match some of their very good athletes and be able to get some wins down the stretch.

I totally understand why people won’t pick them at this point, because they have to prove that they are still a good football team. I hope that they can do that tomorrow night.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think if Southeastern goes into this game thinking that because of the loss of Carroll, that this is going to be an easy game, they could be in for a big surprise. Everyone knows how valuable Carroll was to the team. I expect the Coaches to have the kids ready to put forth a heck of an effort. Unioto can't afford another league loss. Just remember they are 15-17 year old kids, and you just never know. I wouldn't be surprised if the team that makes the least amount of mistakes wins the game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 pm I think if Southeastern goes into this game thinking that because of the loss of Carroll, that this is going to be an easy game, they could be in for a big surprise. Everyone knows how valuable Carroll was to the team. I expect the Coaches to have the kids ready to put forth a heck of an effort. Unioto can't afford another league loss. Just remember they are 15-17 year old kids, and you just never know. I wouldn't be surprised if the team that makes the least amount of mistakes wins the game.
Typically how it works ;) , that's the only reason Southeastern lost to VC they made way to many mistakes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You're right! I didn't see the game, but picked it up on the car radio I think on a Jackson station. They shot themselves in the foot throughout the game with fumbles and turnovers.

Return to “Football”