Westfall 60 Piketon 30

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Re: (3-3) Westfall @ (0-6) Piketon

Post by metwct44 »

That reason alone is why we get gashed on defense. Somethimes it is the scheme we are running. But this year 9 times out of 10 it is a kid that doesn’t understand his role/ job.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

metwct44 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:56 am That reason alone is why we get gashed on defense. Somethimes it is the scheme we are running. But this year 9 times out of 10 it is a kid that doesn’t understand his role/ job.
It's week 7, they should know exactly what they're supposed to be doing.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 am
metwct44 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:56 am That reason alone is why we get gashed on defense. Somethimes it is the scheme we are running. But this year 9 times out of 10 it is a kid that doesn’t understand his role/ job.
Should be the key word. You can coach and preach all you want. But understanding the game is entirely different.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:33 am
Should be the key word. You can coach and preach all you want. But understanding the game is entirely different.

There are over 40 kids on that team. I guarantee you they can find 11 that know what they’re supposed to be doing. If programs want to sustain being competitive they have to develope athletes in the offseason plain and simple. Nobody wants to talk about it because they dont wanna do it. It’s hard work and it’s just easier to sit back and blame it on not having athletes or injury or just bad luck. Tired of hearing that excuse year after year after year. Develop real athletes in the offseason and watch how your “luck” changes

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:55 am

There are over 40 kids on that team. I guarantee you they can find 11 that know what they’re supposed to be doing. If programs want to sustain being competitive they have to develope athletes in the offseason plain and simple. Nobody wants to talk about it because they dont wanna do it. It’s hard work and it’s just easier to sit back and blame it on not having athletes or injury or just bad luck. Tired of hearing that excuse year after year after year. Develop real athletes in the offseason and watch how your “luck” changes
I will debate you on this any time you like. I am at the games. I am at the practices. I will be at the game today at SE. Again, just because you are somewhat athletic does not mean you are a football player and no amount of offseason workouts or coaching will ever make them one. We can debate it at a flag game, and you will see that some kids know angles, they have vision, they understand what needs to be accomplished. Then there are kids that a coach consistently has to put them in position. Yell that its 3rd and 15, they are probably going to pass 🙄🙄. I at no time this year have looked on the sideline and seen a kid that would have improved the situation this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:08 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:55 am

I will debate you on this any time you like. I am at the games. I am at the practices. I will be at the game today at SE. Again, just because you are somewhat athletic does not mean you are a football player and no amount of offseason workouts or coaching will ever make them one. We can debate it at a flag game, and you will see that some kids know angles, they have vision, they understand what needs to be accomplished. Then there are kids that a coach consistently has to put them in position. Yell that its 3rd and 15, they are probably going to pass 🙄🙄. I at no time this year have looked on the sideline and seen a kid that would have improved the situation this year.
I’m not arguing that programs don’t go through periods of not having talent or “football” kids. My argument is when you go through those stretches as a program you have to be able to fall back somewhat on your athletes and if you aren’t developing those athletes.... well, you’ll go 0-10 by a lot.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Also i will add our injuries/kids not playing for whatever reason. Take for example Unioto, Waverly or Minford. Take Jamarcus off Unioto they are an average team. Minfords injuries almost cost them a game against VC. Waverly almost got bit by Valley. That is just with 1-3 guys gone. We are dealing with 7-8 gone. Add to that an overall weak sophomore and junior classes save for a few kids and that sums up what we are dealing with.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A 60-30 win.
Offense was the name of the game in this one.
Congrats Westfall on the win.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:14 am Also i will add our injuries/kids not playing for whatever reason. Take for example Unioto, Waverly or Minford. Take Jamarcus off Unioto they are an average team. Minfords injuries almost cost them a game against VC. Waverly almost got bit by Valley. That is just with 1-3 guys gone. We are dealing with 7-8 gone. Add to that an overall weak sophomore and junior classes save for a few kids and that sums up what we are dealing with.
You can make all the excuses you want, but there isn’t a valid one for going winless. Especially in a league that isn’t very good anyway

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

we can discuss it today at Se if you like

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I have no idea who you are but sure 🤷‍♂️

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

My kid is the smallest TB out there. Also my kid on friday night hasnt been able to play all year. That should narrow it down 😀

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think I figured it out. And I appreciate him sticking with the team this year after his injury. We all do. He’s helped my son tremendously

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:30 am I think I figured it out. And I appreciate him sticking with the team this year after his injury. We all do. He’s helped my son tremendously
Ty. He is working hard to hopefully get back for some BB

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:30 am I think I figured it out. And I appreciate him sticking with the team this year after his injury. We all do. He’s helped my son tremendously
Ty. He is working hard to hopefully get back for some BB
Hope that happens for him!

Still be hard for anyone to convince me that a season like this couldn’t have been avoided. But I get what you’re saying and do believe that is contributing to the problem. Just not all of it. Some of this could’ve been avoided

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Piketon hasn’t gone winless in football since 1982. Compared to a team like Waverky who last went 0-10 in 2009 (or around there). If you go by that it sounds like Piketon just simply has had a bad year this year which is not the norm.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Westfall 60 Piketon 30

Post by mattash »

Westfall 60 Piketon 30

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”