Gallia Academy 42 Coal Grove 20

Niketennisshoe
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy (5-1) @ Coal Grove (4-2)

Post by Niketennisshoe »

South Point gets first win in this one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Niketennisshoe wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 pm South Point gets first win in this one.
So, I take it that you are saying Coal Grove has some ex- South Point kids or are you on the wrong thread ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

if CG starts slow it will be a running clock later.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Burnsdad#1
Waterboy

Post by Burnsdad#1 »

Gallia wins but only because of one kid . That Jacob Campbell kid . Coal grove hasn’t played or tried to stop a running back with his size and strength. And not only that he’s a monster on defense

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Week 7: Gallia Academy @ Coal Grove

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 pm Gallipolis on cruise control until the bubble bursts in week 9. 8-)
LOL! Ironton wins a few games and all of the sudden, its like the Lutz era again! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by GalliaGrad78 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Gallia has a lot more than Campbell but for sure is a load. Pullins, McCellend and Armstrong can take over a game on the ground and Call and Robert's have been getting more involved in the passing game. The line is healthy and physical. However, the Defense is getting better and better each week. They are fun to watch.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:29 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 pm Gallipolis on cruise control until the bubble bursts in week 9. 8-)
LOL! Ironton wins a few games and all of the sudden, its like the Lutz era again! :lol: :lol:
I think you will be eating those words in a couple weeks... Ironton will be most physical team you have played promise you that. Ironton has also played a tougher schedule. Defense wins championships and Ironton has the best D in the conference. We will know soon. Take it one week at a time.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:51 pm
I think you will be eating those words in a couple weeks... Ironton will be most physical team you have played promise you that. Ironton has also played a tougher schedule. Defense wins championships and Ironton has the best D in the conference. We will know soon. Take it one week at a time.
Ironton has yet to beat a good team either

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Fattseycline wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1694395">1694395</a> time=<a href="tel:1538430690">1538430690</a> user_id=13571]
[quote=GalliaGrad78 post_id=<a href="tel:1694388">1694388</a> time=<a href="tel:1538429357">1538429357</a> user_id=643]
[quote=FANOSPORTS post_id=<a href="tel:1694091">1694091</a> time=<a href="tel:1538362492">1538362492</a> user_id=3084]
Gallipolis on cruise control until the bubble bursts in week 9. 8-)
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Beat Peake handily 😀😀😀... also handled Fairland. And played the Burg tough. Burg fans will tell
You game was even closer than the score and then took the #1 team in Kentucky to the wire even with 7 fumbles. I think they have played a pretty decent schedule. Both Peake and Fairland could have been running clocks. Ironton didn’t Punt on either game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fattseycline wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 pm

I haven't been down to I- town for 20 years to watch a regular season game but if both teams win their next 2 games this old man man is making the 2 hr road trip to watch these old SEOAL teams go at it. No, It's not the Lutz era but you never know what may happen and with this new old school coaching style with the kids starting to buy in it could be interesting if he hangs around.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

I’d like for the Grove to come out with the same offensive intensity it had last week. Very well rounded running and throwing. Looking forward to this one. Hope the defense comes out ready and hoping for a grove win!

Go Grove!

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Sounds like the Blue Imps are looking past the Hornets :o . The series between these two schools is quite long and pretty close to even all time.

The Gallians aren't showing much respect for the Grovers. Pretty dangerous to overlook the defending league champion and the game is at The Hive no less.

Be patient Blue Devils.....could be in for a few long rides back from Lawrence County real soon.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Rosco wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 pm Sounds like the Blue Imps are looking past the Hornets :o . The series between these two schools is quite long and pretty close to even all time.

The Gallians aren't showing much respect for the Grovers. Pretty dangerous to overlook the defending league champion and the game is at The Hive no less.

Be patient Blue Devils.....could be in for a few long rides back from Lawrence County real soon.
Agreed. CG has taken the last 4 meetings I think even though Gallia has around 200 more boys in the HS than CG.
Keep looking ahead to Ironton and Ironton can keep looking towards you. Suits CGHS just fine.
Fyi nobody on this post cares about Ironton!
Go Big Grove!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:18 pm
Fattseycline wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:37 pm

I haven't been down to I- town for 20 years to watch a regular season game but if both teams win their next 2 games this old man man is making the 2 hr road trip to watch these old SEOAL teams go at it. No, It's not the Lutz era but you never know what may happen and with this new old school coaching style with the kids starting to buy in it could be interesting if he hangs around.
Now if the Hornets mess up my plan the next couple of weeks, then i'll have to rethink my trip. :D

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Not saying the Grove is a bad team. They're talented all around. But judging off common opponents, I'd give GA the edge. They're playing the best football I've seen since Saunders and Bokovitz were coaching in the French City.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Listen just because the big mouths on here are saying things has nothing to do with how the team is preparing. This team was embarrassed by there effort against coal grove and rock hill last year.

They will have no let up. Last year this team was all
About Jacob Campbell no doubt. That is why the last half of last season was so bad.

This years team Jacob Campbell is just a piece to the puzzle. The thing about this years team. Is we don’t have any kids carrying about stats or who gets carries or completions or touchdowns.

I thought a telling comment was boo pullins asked about being teams leading rusher. What he is most proud of. His response was when we go jumbo and I am fullback lead blocker. We are 15 for 15 converting 3rd and 4th downs.

This Gallia academy team is probably going to produce over 4500 yards of offense this year and average over 40 points per game. And I think there is over a 50% chance.
They don’t have 1000 yard rusher or a 1000 yard Quarterback throwing. Do you know how hard that is.

I would say there is a 10% chance this team has 3 1000 yard rusher and one kid with over 1000 total yards 500 rushing 500 receiving.

The thing most people don’t realize about Gallia is the plays they run. I would say in high school the average scoring drive is maybe 7 or 8 plays. I don’t know I haven’t figured it up but I would say there average may be 12 or 13 plays. And they really don’t go super fast. But when you have a team getting off 3 or 4 runn No plays a minute. It just pounds defenses.

I know nothing about coal grove except for from last years game but I would think blue devils comfortably in this one.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 pm Not saying the Grove is a bad team. They're talented all around. But judging off common opponents, I'd give GA the edge. They're playing the best football I've seen since Saunders and Bokovitz were coaching in the French City.
I am not sure this team is playing as good of ball yet as coach Eddy’s playoff team but they are headed in that direction.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 pm Not saying the Grove is a bad team. They're talented all around. But judging off common opponents, I'd give GA the edge. They're playing the best football I've seen since Saunders and Bokovitz were coaching in the French City.
I am not sure this team is playing as good of ball yet as coach Eddy’s playoff team but they are headed in that direction.
I would say they're playing slightly better on the offensive side of the ball, but not as lockdown on defense.

What would you say GA is looking at next year?

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I think CG plays their butts off and takes the W in this one.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:12 pm
svac83 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 pm
I would say they're playing slightly better on the offensive side of the ball, but not as lockdown on defense.

What would you say GA is looking at next year?
I think during the playoff season the offense was much more balanced and thus was able to strain defenses a little more then this years team so far.

As far as next year and the future goes. I think next year especially early in year this team will be not quite as good as this years. But will get better every week.

We have way to many seniors who have started for almost 3 years to not have a little drop off. But to be honest the talent in program is deep. I personally think as long as Penrod is the coach and the blue devils stay in OVC.

You would expect to be at least 7-3 7 out of every 10 years. Some years better then that. But maybe a couple of 6-4’s or 5-5. At the end of next year I would expect this team to be back close to the top of the OVC.

I honestly think the OVC should move the ironton Gallia academy to week 10 as I think in over 50% of years this could be game for OVC crown.

Return to “Football”