DV State Playoffs

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

DV State Playoffs

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So. After 6 weeks, this is my take. Madison hasn’t played ANYBODY. Period. Burg, if they can clean their game up, can make another strong push to The Final. They have played a tough schedule and have come out nicely. Also, Pastuer has another DV team jump into the #100 spot. But it’s not Madison. It’s this team. http://www.fantastic50.net/team398.html Marion Pleasant. I don’t see a staple win.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: DV State Playoffs

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

And I’ll also note that Ironton has the opportunity to take a firm stance in Region 19. They are favored to win in every remaining game. Wouldn’t that be something to see.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Agree. Madison has not played a team with a winning record. 2 of the 6 teams records are 3-3. Also the next 4 games, Madison does not play a team with a winning record.

Burg's remaining schedule:

Waverly 6-0
Minford 5-1
Valley 2-4
West 5-1
Also, four teams that the Burg has already played each have 4-2 records. It's really cool to see 7 of the 10 teams on Burg schedule have winning records.

Burg needs to clean up all the penalties (many unsportsmanlike penalties). Also, Burg has finally turned positive on turnovers. Fix those 2 areas and I see Burg making a long playoff run.

GO BURG!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The problem is Burg hasn't beat a good team and Madison beat Valley View who has a big name. No one cares about the AP. It's all about the playoffs

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

4 weeks left in regular season, so so much can happen it's a pointless conversation at this point.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 pm The problem is Burg hasn't beat a good team and Madison beat Valley View who has a big name. No one cares about the AP. It's all about the playoffs
Really? They have played a tough schedule. And have won some good games. So Ironton is no good? Watterson? Jackson? Those are all Good teams.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:28 pm 4 weeks left in regular season, so so much can happen it's a pointless conversation at this point.
But the playoff picture is being painted every week. It’s always something to talk about.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 pm The problem is Burg hasn't beat a good team and Madison beat Valley View who has a big name. No one cares about the AP. It's all about the playoffs
Valley View lost a lot to graduation and are not nearly as good this season. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that win by Madison.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:52 pm
Really? They have played a tough schedule. And have won some good games. So Ironton is no good? Watterson? Jackson? Those are all Good teams.
U beat me to the punch. With the exception of watterson both jackson and ironton has just two loses apiece and both can make a deep run in the playoffs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

That Madison D-line returned EVERYONE though...I would venture to guess that whoever beats them wins state. I'd love to see us do it again

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Genoa area appears to be a contender as well. I would also consider south range as a team to look out for. They beat canton central catholic last week who is always very good but appears to have scheduled themselves out of the playoffs once again this year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Otto wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:58 pm
Valley View lost a lot to graduation and are not nearly as good this season. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that win by Madison.
Madison beat Valley View by 8, who lost to Fort Recovery by 4 , who lost to Minster by 6 and Coldwater by 4. I predicted a burg Madison rematch from the 1st of the year and it should be a slugfest. Minster will play in finals and Coldwater will play in finals again if Marion local doesn't get them in last game of league or rematch in region IMO.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:01 pm
U beat me to the punch. With the exception of watterson both jackson and ironton has just two loses apiece and both can make a deep run in the playoffs
How many of the top DV teams would Watterson beat? They aren’t a slouch when compared to DV schools.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I’ve been watching D5 this year and trying to get a read on it.

Last year it seemed that every region had a favorite. 17 and 18 had Eastwood and South Range and they ended up in the final 4. Madison was the unknown last year. We talked about Anna and their QB and CHCA and West Jefferson but none of us had Madison.

This year it seems so much more convoluted in 17 and 18. And then Scioto County gets moved away from 19 and into 20 — which brings Wheelersburg and Madison on a collision course in week 13 instead of 14.

To be honest Jolly Pirate I think that Madison is Burgs biggest threat and I know that’s not a new or hot take. I think the winner of the Region 20 final will face the champion of 19 in the state semis and be favored and then be even more favored over the 17-18 winner in
The Finals.

Madison will have an edge — they will be playing for retribution. That’s Wheelersburg’s greatest hurdle — can they find that edge or chip on their shoulder again? Last years team came back from the dead vs Madison and Eastwood and were as mentally tough as any group I had ever seen. Is this years group as strong?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:28 pm 4 weeks left in regular season, so so much can happen it's a pointless conversation at this point.
But the playoff picture is being painted every week. It’s always something to talk about.
LOL, nah you're just talking about and worrying about Madison. I don't blame ya, but don't forget it's not as if they played a tough schedule last year either. Beat 2 teams with winning records and neither team made the playoffs. They're doing what they were expected to do so far only 38 points given up on the year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes, I found that to be a 15 yarder fer a chop block as well jolly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Here’s this weak, I mean weeks AP rankings. Lol
http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20181001 ... l-football

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IRONTON MAY MAKE SOME NOISE AND HAVE SOME SAY IN HOW THINGS GO HERE LOCALLY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I was told by a coach, who is knows the Madison program very well, that they are better than last season.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Beat 3 teams all with winning records (4-2) they will win out . I think they have a good schedule. Everyone on their schedule except 3 teams will be playoff teams

Return to “Football”