Wheelersburg 49 Waverly 0

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: WK 7: Wheelersburg (5-1) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by Stone Cold »

Da Berg!!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I believe (not 100%) that once competitive balance was instituted the numbers are evaluated every year. Since the numbers can change and teams can switch divisions then it makes sense that the Regions are established on a year to year basis.

I look forward to seeing this one in Waverly on Friday night. I will be rooting for The Pirates but Also rooting for Peyton Shoemaker. Very good fit in Waverly.

It’s amazing how strong Region 16 is —- there are several great teams in it this year and some are historically great programs. Wyoming is the all time leader in Ohio in winning percentage.

I think Wheelersburg wins this one and pretty easily but I’m hoping it’s a good one.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg. Waverly is limping into this one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Pirates too much balance for local teams. I’d say Burg.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm I believe (not 100%) that once competitive balance was instituted the numbers are evaluated every year. Since the numbers can change and teams can switch divisions then it makes sense that the Regions are established on a year to year basis.

I look forward to seeing this one in Waverly on Friday night. I will be rooting for The Pirates but Also rooting for Peyton Shoemaker. Very good fit in Waverly.

It’s amazing how strong Region 16 is —- there are several great teams in it this year and some are historically great programs. Wyoming is the all time leader in Ohio in winning percentage.

I think Wheelersburg wins this one and pretty easily but I’m hoping it’s a good one.
Just to put it into perspective:
Clinton Massie at 5-1 and 3rd in region 16, just ahead of Waverly in computer points, beat 4-2 Bishop Hartley 34-31. Bishop Hartley is 5th in D3 region 11 and beat Wheelersburg fairly handily.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

My prediction:

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Burg 41 Waverly 21

BurgBuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by BurgBuckeye »

BananaSC74 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 am My prediction:

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀
Burgs Offence is way to good to only put up 10 against a team that allowed Valley to put up 28 or whatever it was. They put up 20 against Hartley.....

Both teams 6-1 after 9:30 PM Friday. 42-20 BURG

GO BUCKEYES!
SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

Walking wounded, banged up or fully healthy, Burg wins this one easy.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀

This game was 62-20 last year, so what you are saying is Waverly will be 8 points better this year and the Burg will be 52 points worse??? :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg 10
Waverly 28
👀
LOL, As banged up as Waverly is and that defense struggling to stop the run they're not going to hold anyone to 10 points let alone Burg. Waverly's offense just to predictable to score 28 on Burg given the injuries they have. Maybe they pop 1 on special teams or setup a short drive to get some points but I just think toe to toe Waverly isn't in any position this year for this score to be remotely close.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

EASILY THE GAME OF THE WEEK IN THESE PARTS, GOOD LUCK TO THE WAVERLY TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Gameday in tiger town, I expect a packed house for tonight game. If Waverly didn't have so many walking wounded this could potentially be the game of year, however it isn't.
my prediction
Burg 44
Waverly 27

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
14U
S

Post by 14U »

This is game of the week around our area and would have been a great one to watch but waverly fans saying they are beat up and many walking wounded so this plays into burgs hands. If all this is true shouldn’t be a game but if this is a a tactic having people think they are beat up it will be a good game!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Waverly has a lot of kids hurt. Burg wins pretty easy.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

If Waverly were not so banged up

Burg 51
Waverly 31

current state of wounded warriors

Burg 48
Waverly 7

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

This score is gonna be u-u-g-g-l-l-y-y by the end. Hope all players come out halfway healthy, something the whirlpool can take care of if they even use them anymore.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm I believe (not 100%) that once competitive balance was instituted the numbers are evaluated every year. Since the numbers can change and teams can switch divisions then it makes sense that the Regions are established on a year to year basis.

Clinton Massie at 5-1 and 3rd in region 16, just ahead of Waverly in computer points, beat 4-2 Bishop Hartley 34-31. Bishop Hartley is 5th in D3 region 11 and beat Wheelersburg fairly handily.
I’ll put some more perspective on your breakdown of region 16. It has always been a top d4 region. While Wyoming can have as much percentage as they want it comes from only really playing two teams that year in year out can compete with them. It hasn’t helped them win this region and I doubt they win it this year. They have made several regional finals only to get crushed. Massie did beat Hartley and looks to again compete for d4 championship. Before this however they were beat by d6 coldwater who won’t win there conference. If that isn’t perspective idk what is. Burg is the only team in the area that can compete state wide every year. For as good as waverly has been last 3 years when they get to the playoffs it’s no different than us making it. While I think they could win certain matchups in region 15 if they were in it they aren’t going to beat the top teams. For there sake I hope they can continue success and get in 15. With a good record they can get a home game and have a shot to win. As far as region 14 or this game with burg it’s not in the cards.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I’ll put some more perspective on your breakdown of region 16. It has always been a top d4 region. While Wyoming can have as much percentage as they want it comes from only really playing two teams that year in year out can compete with them. It hasn’t helped them win this region and I doubt they win it this year. They have made several regional finals only to get crushed. Massie did beat Hartley and looks to again compete for d4 championship. Before this however they were beat by d6 coldwater who won’t win there conference. If that isn’t perspective idk what is. Burg is the only team in the area that can compete state wide every year. For as good as waverly has been last 3 years when they get to the playoffs it’s no different than us making it. While I think they could win certain matchups in region 15 if they were in it they aren’t going to beat the top teams. For there sake I hope they can continue success and get in 15. With a good record they can get a home game and have a shot to win. As far as region 14 or this game with burg it’s not in the cards.
I don't think I can agree with you that Waverly couldn't beat any of the top 4 teams in region 15 right now. I think they could be competitive and/or beat Bloom-Carroll and Gallia Academy. Indian Hill and St. Clairsville would be a harder a challenge I do agree.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:49 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm

I don't think I can agree with you that Waverly couldn't beat any of the top 4 teams in region 15 right now. I think they could be competitive and/or beat Bloom-Carroll and Gallia Academy. Indian Hill and St. Clairsville would be a harder a challenge I do agree.
When I say top teams I’m talking as in skill. Obviously they can beat a bloom Carroll and Unioto is in a top 4 spot. They could definitely win the right matchups in 15 this year.

Return to “Football”