Muddy Fields

mattash
Site Admin

Muddy Fields

Post by mattash »

Where's the muddiest football field going to be Friday?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Muddy Fields

Post by Kicker. »

I would say Minford but don't know what their field looks like currently

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I may be wrong, but I bet Gallia Academy will be right near the top.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I've not lived down that way for decades but why doesn't Gallipolis have a field at the new school they built years ago ? I take it that they're still using Memorial Field downtown then. I thought with the Grant, bond , levies etc. plus what Bob Eastman (Foodland) and others donated they would have one. :idea: :?:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

HA!! Definitely Gallia!

AT THE RESERVATION
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 pm I've not lived down that way for decades but why doesn't Gallipolis have a field at the new school they built years ago ? I take it that they're still using Memorial Field downtown then. I thought with the Grant, bond , levies etc. plus what Bob Eastman (Foodland) and others donated they would have one. :idea: :?:
From what I understand they have the field ( ground ) with a track already built around it. Its right beside the new High School. I'm sure someone from Gallipolis could say why it hasn't been finished.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 pm I've not lived down that way for decades but why doesn't Gallipolis have a field at the new school they built years ago ? I take it that they're still using Memorial Field downtown then. I thought with the Grant, bond , levies etc. plus what Bob Eastman (Foodland) and others donated they would have one. :idea: :?:
Is this a joke? Gallia hasn’t past a levy in a long long time. We have pay for play from a small budget. Our athletics are 100% self funded by the programs and boosters. Eastman’s put 1 million down to build what athletic facilities that are there. Holzer has n financial crisis bob Evans basically abandoned the county. Ohio valley bank and others have taken on some of the burden but not enough has been raised.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Basically there needs to be a fieldhouse and home field stands built as stands at memorial field built into the hillside so they could end no way be reused. All the other fields and facilities there are made with no outside restrooms so a lot has to be built into that building it is my understanding that building and those stands are about 1.5 million. There is about 750k in lighting to be purchased. The visitors stands another concession stand all and the actual playing surface about another million. My understanding is they are almost at the million mark. It is also my understanding that at like 1.2 million the field house and home stands and press box can be built and will be started. I also understand that if they get that far. AEP has agreed to donate about 500k of lighting.

How long it will be until rest of money raised who knows. A lot of people mad the high school still not in town and won’t help in any way.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:01 pm
From what I understand they have the field ( ground ) with a track already built around it. Its right beside the new High School. I'm sure someone from Gallipolis could say why it hasn't been finished.
If this is the case i'm sure there are lots of people in the county willing to stick a couple goal posts in the ground, buy some lime, connect electricity to 8 poles and donate money and sweat equity for bleachers and a scoreboard. It's the county seat for god sakes !!!!! ( Don't need turf right away, grass would suffice).

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:01 pm
If this is the case i'm sure there are lots of people in the county willing to stick a couple goal posts in the ground, buy some lime, connect electricity to 8 poles and donate money and sweat equity for bleachers and a scoreboard. It's the county seat for god sakes !!!!! ( Don't need turf right away, grass would suffice).
Ok, I started this post svac83 while you were typing the last one, caught in between. Thanks.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This is the truth, I had no idea why it was not finished. Makes perfect sense why it hasn't been finished then. I was in the Gym a few years ago. One of the best that I've been in around SEO.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

I’d have to say Gallia. But I do remember a playoff game at the tank between Portsmouth west and Portsmouth. I’m think 02 that was the sloppiest mess I had seen.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no idea of field conditions I know there has been basically no activity on it since it flooded a couple of weeks ago. The one that hung going for it is that it actually had plenty of grass on it not like a lot of years.

So I am not positive but I think the field may not be too muddy. I think the problem may be just whole bag sections of turf coming up.. but not sure.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

The last really muddy game at Gallia was a game between the blue devils and ironton in I think 2011 or 2012. The things I remember from that game is really all the big plays were made in the passing game. Gallia went for win on last play of game and pass fell incomplete.

I remember you could tell receivers would run pass patterns that would basically force defender into a muddy area before they made a cut. Or passes weren’t caught because layers fell. But n one could get a grip so there was no power game for anyone.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

All grass fields in the area are going to be a mess. But old memorial will likely be the king of this topic. Bottom ground and this much rain leaves little room for drainage. Short choppy steps boys low man wins. Oh yea and root hog or die.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA Fairland better have more than a passing game ! Hope water not that high ?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Gallia field is awful

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Memorial field tonight
Memorial field tonight

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

svac83 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:41 pm 296BE169-69C1-4A60-B109-6997D2DFAA4E.jpeg
Old school mudgrass !!!!!

Return to “Football”