Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Game of the week?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Re: Unioto (4-1) @ Paint Valley (5-0)

Post by se-alum »

Taking PV in an upset. Bearcats by 3. High powered offense that can run and pass. If they can hold Carroll to around the 150 mark. They should have a very good chance.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

De facto game in the SVC I think looking forward to it

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Paint Valley 28
Unioto 20

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I know it’s early in the season but this game will decide the svc

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Paint valley has totally dominated all year. We have struggled in most games and have that huge blowout loss to waverly. Gonna be a very tall task for us to go there and beat the best coach in svc history. Hopefully we can keep it close and make it a game into the fourth quarter.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:54 pm Taking PV in an upset. Bearcats by 3. High powered offense that can run and pass. If they can hold Carroll to around the 150 mark. They should have a very good chance.
Unioto winning would be an upset, not PV.
but really its a coin toss IMO so neither is an upset.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This should be one heck of a ballgame. Both having an outstanding season so far. The winner could be in the drivers seat in the SVC. In an important game such as this, witchever team is able to take advantage of the others mistakes, will usually come out on top. Good luck to both teams, and hope its an injury free game.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:11 pm
se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:54 pm Taking PV in an upset. Bearcats by 3. High powered offense that can run and pass. If they can hold Carroll to around the 150 mark. They should have a very good chance.
I think if there was a betting line, UHS would be the favorite. Yea, they have a loss to a strong Waverly squad, but they've also played a tougher schedule than PV to this point. PV is still a bit of an unknown imo.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:11 pm
I think if there was a betting line, UHS would be the favorite. Yea, they have a loss to a strong Waverly squad, but they've also played a tougher schedule than PV to this point. PV is still a bit of an unknown imo.
I haven’t seen anyone pick Unioto at all. I’ve been told that paint valley can run or pass and has tons of speed. They sound a lot like waverly to me. We all know how that turned out. We will have to hope for some big turnovers. McClain was able to hold jmar under just under 100 yards. If pv can hold him the defense will have to play a perfect game. We couldn’t hold waverly all game, doubt we can hold pv for the whole game. Hopefully luck is on our side. After this we have southeastern and Huntington so it’s not getting any easier.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

Its hard to believe that this is the same PV team that looked pretty bad last year. Kudos to the coaching staff for turning things around. This will be a close game and I have to take the Cats 26-20.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I think Unioto has done a fine fine fine job with its Football program. Metzler was my freshman coach at Chillicothe as a freshman, great guy. I still think the program is looking for that signture win since arriving to be mentioned in the playoff realm every year. when i was in school and even up until just 5 years ago Unioto was pretty bad at football. I am taking Pete and company strictly from a program standpoint.
good to see two SVC programs looking really solid this year. Both should be playoff bound!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am

I think Unioto has done a fine fine fine job with its Football program. Metzler was my freshman coach at Chillicothe as a freshman, great guy. I still think the program is looking for that signture win since arriving to be mentioned in the playoff realm every year. when i was in school and even up until just 5 years ago Unioto was pretty bad at football. I am taking Pete and company strictly from a program standpoint.
good to see two SVC programs looking really solid this year. Both should be playoff bound!
I think this is the most competitive SVC we've seen in a long time. Outside of Piketon, right now, I feel like any team can win on any given night. With a healthy team, I think Piketon would be competitive also.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Slappy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 pm Its hard to believe that this is the same PV team that looked pretty bad last year. Kudos to the coaching staff for turning things around. This will be a close game and I have to take the Cats 26-20.
This is why I'm a little apprehensive about PV. Did they really make that big a jump or did their schedule setup for early season success. We'll have a pretty good idea after Friday night!

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Better load that box.

Unioto 17 Paint Valley 14

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

PV was extremely young last year and I believe had some injuries as well. Those youngins all had a chance to get bigger and stronger, along with getting coached up by Coach Hollon and his staff. It makes sense that they would be better.

Their schedule has been pretty bad, but they have also totally dominated it, something that Unioto hasn’t done in their wins.

Carroll did have nearly 40 carries last week, but I believe also threw 10-15 passes, so that is something that the Bearcats have to be ready for also. They may have some RPO’s up their sleeve as well.

The Bearcats lines will have to be up to the task this Friday as Unioto’s is big and good.

No prediction, but I do think this game is practically a toss up, should be a great game!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Newland is Big Ben like and is just now a junior. Along with yet another Mcfadded to sling to.
I think that has a lot to do with their success this year. They both were only Sophmores last year.
I have been big on Newland since he was a freshmen. His numbers will not jump out at you but he passes the eye test. This kid is huge and can flat out spin it.
Last edited by CavalierAlum05 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Hmmmmm

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Slappy wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 pm Its hard to believe that this is the same PV team that looked pretty bad last year. Kudos to the coaching staff for turning things around. This will be a close game and I have to take the Cats 26-20.
Play with a young team that wasn't ready for varsity last year, kids got experience, a year in the weight room and good coaching this isn't a real surprise. I like PV defense in this one should be a close game I'll take PV 20-14

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'll be the first to say Tanks win a close one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”