Paint Valley 26 Unioto 21

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Unioto (4-1) @ Paint Valley (5-0)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Paint Valley Opponents are a combine 6-19,while Unioto have a combined record of 13- 12.
Unioto lost in blowout fashion to the best team they have faced(Waverly 37-70. They have beaten two teams with winning records(Adena 3-1, Zane trace 3-2)

Paint valley has the hardest part of their schedule in front of them, starting with this game, the first of three D-4 teams that they will face.
Everyone as of now that the Bearcats face has a winning record, while Unioto face four of five teams, with winning records.

This is a huge game for both, but more for Paint Valley I.M.O. because it will not only make a big statement but could give them the edge in the conference race and go a long way in securing a home playoff game. Win out and they are at least going to be a #2 seed. Grandview has a really hard schedule, with all of the schools bigger than they are and three of those schools have winning records.

I think Pete will have his team prepare for a war and have an ace up his sleeve, to help his team win, what I think would be a slight upset. 35-34 Bearcats.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Lot of ppl will be very surprised after this game.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:43 pm
se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:11 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Unioto winning would be an upset, not PV.
but really its a coin toss IMO so neither is an upset.
I think if there was a betting line, UHS would be the favorite. Yea, they have a loss to a strong Waverly squad, but they've also played a tougher schedule than PV to this point. PV is still a bit of an unknown imo.
I haven’t seen anyone pick Unioto at all. I’ve been told that paint valley can run or pass and has tons of speed. They sound a lot like waverly to me. We all know how that turned out. We will have to hope for some big turnovers. McClain was able to hold jmar under just under 100 yards. If pv can hold him the defense will have to play a perfect game. We couldn’t hold waverly all game, doubt we can hold pv for the whole game. Hopefully luck is on our side. After this we have southeastern and Huntington so it’s not getting any easier.
I respectfully disagree with you on you comment about McClain "holding" Jamarcus Carroll under 100 yds. His worst enemy was his own team...the defense continually gave the offense a short field by dominating McClains offense. I believe the Tanks had 3 or 4 INTs with great returns. So Jamarcus' stats are a little skewed. The offense only had the ball for 34 plays that game (according to MaxPreps).

Speed on both sides....good coaches on both sides....experience on both sides. The Tanks have a big OL and PVs DL is small but quick. I think the Tanks dominate the trenches and take this one by a couple scores! Sounds like it should be a great game.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

BullTank wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 am
se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:11 pm

I think if there was a betting line, UHS would be the favorite. Yea, they have a loss to a strong Waverly squad, but they've also played a tougher schedule than PV to this point. PV is still a bit of an unknown imo.
I haven’t seen anyone pick Unioto at all. I’ve been told that paint valley can run or pass and has tons of speed. They sound a lot like waverly to me. We all know how that turned out. We will have to hope for some big turnovers. McClain was able to hold jmar under just under 100 yards. If pv can hold him the defense will have to play a perfect game. We couldn’t hold waverly all game, doubt we can hold pv for the whole game. Hopefully luck is on our side. After this we have southeastern and Huntington so it’s not getting any easier.
I respectfully disagree with you on you comment about McClain "holding" Jamarcus Carroll under 100 yds. His worst enemy was his own team...the defense continually gave the offense a short field by dominating McClains offense. I believe the Tanks had 3 or 4 INTs with great returns. So Jamarcus' stats are a little skewed. The offense only had the ball for 34 plays that game (according to MaxPreps).

Speed on both sides....good coaches on both sides....experience on both sides. The Tanks have a big OL and PVs DL is small but quick. I think the Tanks dominate the trenches and take this one by a couple scores! Sounds like it should be a great game.
I completely agree with you but I’m trying to be consistent with the way ppl on this site are. In truth against McClain jmar was never stopped at all but field position dictated how far he could run. Most of the time no one cares about facts and most don’t go to all these games. They read the stats and the score and base everything on that. Paint valley is probably pretty good idk but the teams they played and beat up on are really bad. I don’t think they have skill guys as good as waverly. Waverly had trouble throwing the ball 130 yards passing bout 40 came on there first play. So paint valley passing doesn’t concern me. Can we stop there run, probably. Can they stop jmar idk. So far every team we have played has had a minimum 8 in the box since bout 2 nd half of the waverly game. We have still ran. I agree we should win by 2 scores but I was just holding back. Since you came out strong I’ll back you. Unless you’ve seen jmar in person you can’t understand how impressive he is. Ppl also don’t give are line enough credit. To block against 8 or 9 in the box every game and put up huge numbers is impressive. Rolllllll tankkkssss rolll !!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm

I completely agree with you but I’m trying to be consistent with the way ppl on this site are. In truth against McClain jmar was never stopped at all but field position dictated how far he could run. Most of the time no one cares about facts and most don’t go to all these games. They read the stats and the score and base everything on that. Paint valley is probably pretty good idk but the teams they played and beat up on are really bad. I don’t think they have skill guys as good as waverly. Waverly had trouble throwing the ball 130 yards passing bout 40 came on there first play. So paint valley passing doesn’t concern me. Can we stop there run, probably. Can they stop jmar idk. So far every team we have played has had a minimum 8 in the box since bout 2 nd half of the waverly game. We have still ran. I agree we should win by 2 scores but I was just holding back. Since you came out strong I’ll back you. Unless you’ve seen jmar in person you can’t understand how impressive he is. Ppl also don’t give are line enough credit. To block against 8 or 9 in the box every game and put up huge numbers is impressive. Rolllllll tankkkssss rolll !!!!

I’ve been saying this all season. I don’t care how special a back is, if the line is getting over powered he’s gonna look average. The fact that every team knows exactly what the U is gonna do and nobody is yet to stop it is an absolute testament to that line and solid coaching schemes and a great Back. Taking nothing away from Carroll either because he’s special but that line has to be the best in our league going against 8 and 9 kids in the box every night.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

I’ve been saying this all season. I don’t care how special a back is, if the line is getting over powered he’s gonna look average. The fact that every team knows exactly what the U is gonna do and nobody is yet to stop it is an absolute testament to that line and solid coaching schemes and a great Back. Taking nothing away from Carroll either because he’s special but that line has to be the best in our league going against 8 and 9 kids in the box every night.
Thank you for the nice post our oline guys work hard and like you said there are many factors that lead to the success of our run game. I believe you are a piketon fan. Keep those guys heads up lot of young talent coming. I fear that week 10 road game more than any other game we have left. No matter the records whenever we go down there it is a fight. Remember 2 years ago what a game. I can’t take that again already sweating.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Thank you for the nice post our oline guys work hard and like you said there are many factors that lead to the success of our run game. I believe you are a piketon fan. Keep those guys heads up lot of young talent coming. I fear that week 10 road game more than any other game we have left. No matter the records whenever we go down there it is a fight. Remember 2 years ago what a game. I can’t take that again already sweating.
Not really a Piketon fan but my kid does play for them. My dad stuck me in this hell hole 30 years ago and I been stuck here ever since 😀. I do hope our kids do start to put up a bit more of a fight this last half of the season. Love to see us at least compete. Good luck rest of the season except week 10 !

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Paint Valley defense wins it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Halftime

Unioto 14-6 lead.

Shermans get a goal line stand to virtually end the first half, which was huge since the Bearcats get the ball to start the 2nd half. Carroll with 104 rushing on 12 carries in the 1st half. They have had 4 different players split 9 other carries to lighten the load on him, which could be big in the 2nd.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Carroll is an excellent player (and I hope and pray he is fine and able to return this season), but Paint Valley is a very nice team. Great team win tonight!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Carroll was the best skill player on the field tonight, but PV might’ve had the next 5 or 6 after that. Their athletes all over the field were very impressive. That’s a very good football team.

I just hope Unioto can regroup quickly, because Southeastern will have no pity for them if Carroll can’t go.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think Paint Valley just may be a little better than a lot of people thought.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Paint Valley 26 Unioto 21

Post by mattash »

Paint Valley 26 Unioto 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

PV has a good team, congrats to them on this one. Signature win for sure.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I had the Bearcats by one. Posted that on here.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:46 am I think Paint Valley just may be a little better than a lot of people thought.
I think one person on here predicted Unioto to win, so I’m not sure who those “a lot” of people were. I was optimistic, but even if Carroll doesn’t get hurt late, PV had the athletes to get a stop and still win the game, it was just made a bit easier.

But, take nothing away from the Cats, I was very impressed with their athletes and loved the game plan to go wide on every run to use their speed advantage.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Carroll going down was the game.....

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:20 am Carroll going down was the game.....
Hope the injury isn't serious, but rarely is a knee injury not.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

If Carroll can't play against SE I don't think the U can win, he means that much to the offense.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I will be seeing PV for the 2nd time next week.

Return to “Football”