Re: Week 6: Portsmouth West @ Minford

Post by mlittle »

West 20
Minford 7

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

West wins in a close one but don't count Minford out cause their offense is much improved especially the passing game

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

West with mayby the tougher schedule up to this point. Minford playing with a lot of confidence. West trying to rebound from tough loss. Probably a lot of people will pick West because of there defense. Do not underestimate the Falcons,there offense gets better each and every game. Should be a great game. Hope both teams have an injury free game.

bucksbengalsfan
Waterboy

Post by bucksbengalsfan »

West by 10+......

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

EASSSY WEST, Luck to each

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

West easily handles Minford.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Watched both teams and I see West winning this game. Minford is where they should be 5-0 but now the schedule is a little different. West to big up front and strong!! Defense can hit too. The only thing that could hurt West is their QB, he will not throw the ball away, would rather take a large loss in yards, he tries to do to much with his legs!!

MountaineerMan2018
Waterboy

Post by MountaineerMan2018 »

West should rebound this week anand should come out fired up after a tough loss last week. If they come out slow though Minford could hang around and make it competitive. I'll say West wins a good ball game 21 to 12

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Good measuring stick game for Minford for the rest of SOC play but I think West will win

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Siders in this one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I dont see that much separation in these 2 teams. Minford with an advantage in the passing game and I'd give the slight edge to West in the running game with Hurd.

Defensively it's a toss up. I guess we will find out on Friday and have a better look at how the SOC II will shake out.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

West opp. records combined 13-13...Minford 7-18...I'm not on the Falcon bandwagon as of right now I'm still curious how they hold up against a tough in your face opponent. All advantages point to West, going to take West by 2 scores as they are traveling to Minford. Good Luck to both teams, this is a HUGE game for both teams as West can't afford that 2nd loss and I just don't see Minford being able to take a loss here and still try and land a top 4 seed in the playoffs. Especially with both teams still looking at taking on Burg and Waverly in the near future.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:04 pm I dont see that much separation in these 2 teams. Minford with an advantage in the passing game and I'd give the slight edge to West in the running game with Hurd.

Defensively it's a toss up. I guess we will find out on Friday and have a better look at how the SOC II will shake out.
Ur right about the passing game. Watched west twice and passing isn’t there! They throw the ball too much down the line or behind the line and for couple to nothing but their power run is huge with playing last week against the biggest, athletic line I’ve seen in years. West defense is a hard hitting in ur face so this is going to be the game of the week. Minford passing is nice when I watched them earlier. Can Minford hold west defense to get the passing game going? Can’t wait to see it

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:24 pm West opp. records combined 13-13...Minford 7-18...I'm not on the Falcon bandwagon as of right now I'm still curious how they hold up against a tough in your face opponent. All advantages point to West, going to take West by 2 scores as they are traveling to Minford. Good Luck to both teams, this is a HUGE game for both teams as West can't afford that 2nd loss and I just don't see Minford being able to take a loss here and still try and land a top 4 seed in the playoffs. Especially with both teams still looking at taking on Burg and Waverly in the near future.
Great post!! I too need to wait until this one is over to see if Minford is for real. This is the Falcons first test this year as u said opponents record isn’t great

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Minfords pass is ok from what I has watched against 2 soc1 schools and 2 division 6 schools. Only had 13 yards passing against Nelsonville.
I am not putting them down by any means I'm just trying to figure how good are they. West is in need of skull and o-line work to be better
in my opinion. I believe it will be within 10 points either way, both schools need this one for Harbin points. Good luck to both and hope
they stay healthy.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big game to say the least

I’ll guess

PWest 20
Minford 13

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

West Side Pride wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 pm Minfords pass is ok from what I has watched against 2 soc1 schools and 2 division 6 schools. Only had 13 yards passing against Nelsonville.
I am not putting them down by any means I'm just trying to figure how good are they. West is in need of skull and o-line work to be better
in my opinion. I believe it will be within 10 points either way, both schools need this one for Harbin points. Good luck to both and hope
they stay healthy.
The NY game was a wet one and they definitely had issues throwing the ball in that one. Hopefully Minford will throw the ball better against the Siders Friday night.

Minford has played a less than stellar schedule thus far. NY is normally a very tough team who has been known to make deep runs in the playoffs. It seems as though they are having a down year after graduating a lot of their starters from last year. They did however return their RB from last year and Minford held him in check.

Hurd is a tough back and I think Minford has to play to stop the run and force West to throw the ball. If they can hold Hurd to under 75-80 yards I like their chances. Regardless of who Minford has played so far, they are much stronger and improved up front. That has been their Achilles heel the past few years.

West's opponents are 13-11 on the season and the only true test they had was against Raceland. Friday will be a great measuring stick to see how good each of these teams are going to be in SOC II play.

Best of luck Friday night.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I said it early in the year. Minford has the ability to take down West. I’m going to stick with that. Minford by 4.

peterpan20
Waterboy

Post by peterpan20 »

west by 2 scores

Return to “Football”