Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth West 26 Minford 15

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth West 26 Minford 15

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth West (4-1) @ Minford (5-0)

Post by allamericanironman »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 pm With the game tonight, you can tell West has spent a little more time in the weight room. Minford needs another year on the squat rack. B/c they just got their asses flat out whipped in the trenches, this should be a big eye opener for Minford's big boys up on the line to get their butts in a power lifting program this winter.
West is burgs nightmare?
Where is game played turf?
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

Burg94 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:56 am No disrespect....felt like I was at a 3/4th grade flag football game. No imagination from either squad. Just line up and run your one athlete. Pretty boring, even being a close game. Both teams have a LONG way to go. I know West QB was hurt and Minford's best QB quit because of internal reasons but both were quite lethargic. Hope things get better for SOC-2's sake. Would love nothing better than quality football as opposed to close games with mediocre "talent". Hope things improve for both squads...not knocking on coaches or kids but things need to change and it is a process that takes some time.
:roll:

Just because you say no disrespect doesn’t mean you can proceed to spout off disrespectful comments. Minford “best” QB didn’t quit because of internal reasons he quit because he was going to be 3rd on the depth chart. They could still use him but he decided he would rather sit in the stands. As for the talent comment West and Minford are both small schools located in rural areas and I believe they have quite talented kids for their enrollment. None are going to go D1 this year but they both have had students go play D1 in the not to distant past. I’m sure in the future there will be more headed to play ball at the next level as well.
As for the play calling comment, I would say field conditions played a part in it. I sort of agree Minfords play calling was to predictable at times but they seemed to get something going in the 2nd half. West did what they had to do and did it well. Hurd, Staggs and Berry are hard runners they were getting 4 yards down field without being touched because the line and did such a good job.

I mean no disrespect but you have zero clue about football and probably need to hang up your keyboard.
Last edited by Swayze on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 pm With the game tonight, you can tell West has spent a little more time in the weight room. Minford needs another year on the squat rack. B/c they just got their asses flat out whipped in the trenches, this should be a big eye opener for Minford's big boys up on the line to get their butts in a power lifting program this winter.
West is burgs nightmare?
Radio said West had almost 400-yards rushing and Hurd had close to 200 by by himself. West was 2/5 passing for 6 yards and 1-INT, so they're a smash-mouth offense and will play Woody Hayes style of football.

Late in the year in a cold-bad weather game or if field condition are like they were last night then, W' burg may have their hands full. On a turf field with great weather, burg wins hands down.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
14U
S

Post by 14U »

I said it earlier in the week that West would win up front the line play and they did. I said West was physical up front and they were. I just didn’t think it would be that easy. QB sneak ate Minford up 4 times for huge yards!!! Also west no passing just lined up and said stop us and Minford couldn’t . What is the coaches in press box watching? Its called adjustments that Minford did not. West lost their QB and had no passing game at all just lined up and and said here we come stop it. Bad head coaching by Minford in adjusting at halftime. West ran it seemed like the same play 80% of the time.
Last edited by 14U on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 pm Great game to watch minford had opportunities just didn’t Capitalize but hats off to west. Everything is ahead of minford still hopefully they get healthy and regroup.
Minford only dropped 2 spots in computer playoff poll. This region is weak from 9th down and is easiest region to make playoffs in. I say 6-4 could have somebody in playoffs. Any other region Minford would be out of top 10 with no secondary points from teams they beat. I like to see all 3 SOC team make it in this region and can happen!! Minford teams they beat went 3-2 last night that helped
Attachments
F44BB422-78AD-4A82-A255-612D794D5302.png

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Via Drew Pasteur - Minford

More conditional playoff info
(based on number of wins)
5W: 10.90 (8.50-12.80) 17% in, 0% home, proj. out
6W: 12.30 (9.80-16.95) 61% in, 1% home, proj. #8 (#3-out)
7W: 14.05 (10.55-20.45) 90% in, 16% home, proj. #6 (#2-out)
8W: 17.80 (14.60-21.85) 100% in, 87% home, proj. #4 (#1-#7)
9W: 21.75 (19.75-24.25) 100% in, 100% home, proj. #2 (#1-#4)

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg94 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:56 am No disrespect....felt like I was at a 3/4th grade flag football game. No imagination from either squad. Just line up and run your one athlete. Pretty boring, even being a close game. Both teams have a LONG way to go. I know West QB was hurt and Minford's best QB quit because of internal reasons but both were quite lethargic. Hope things get better for SOC-2's sake. Would love nothing better than quality football as opposed to close games with mediocre "talent". Hope things improve for both squads...not knocking on coaches or kids but things need to change and it is a process that takes some time.
Minford best QB quit? Who would that be? I’m not from their but I do know Kelley has been QB last 2 years and Lewis kid I thought should been in there but coaches knows better than us fans. If ur talking about the boy that came from burg about 4 years ago he should have been happy to play where he could because he wasn’t better than the 1 and 2 QB’s now.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:16 am I said it earlier in the week that West would win up front the line play and they did. I said West was physical up front and they were. I just didn’t think it would be that easy. QB sneak ate Minford up 4 times for huge yards!!! Also west no passing just lined up and said stop us and Minford couldn’t . What is the coaches in press box watching? Its called adjustments that Minford did not. West lost their QB and had no passing game at all just lined up and and said here we come stop it. Bad head coaching by Minford in adjusting at halftime. West ran it seemed like the same play 80% of the time.
They made Adjustments you could tell by the front they were in but it doesn’t matter when you hit a kid in the backfield and fall off because of arm tackling all the coaching in the world can’t make a kid want to do something.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:50 pm
14U wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:16 am I said it earlier in the week that West would win up front the line play and they did. I said West was physical up front and they were. I just didn’t think it would be that easy. QB sneak ate Minford up 4 times for huge yards!!! Also west no passing just lined up and said stop us and Minford couldn’t . What is the coaches in press box watching? Its called adjustments that Minford did not. West lost their QB and had no passing game at all just lined up and and said here we come stop it. Bad head coaching by Minford in adjusting at halftime. West ran it seemed like the same play 80% of the time.
They made Adjustments you could tell by the front they were in but it doesn’t matter when you hit a kid in the backfield and fall off because of arm tackling all the coaching in the world can’t make a kid want to do something.
That’s exactly right. A head coach can only put a kid in a position to be successful. It’s up to the kid to be successful. Well said.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NewEra wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:46 am Via Drew Pasteur - Minford

More conditional playoff info
(based on number of wins)
5W: 10.90 (8.50-12.80) 17% in, 0% home, proj. out
6W: 12.30 (9.80-16.95) 61% in, 1% home, proj. #8 (#3-out)
7W: 14.05 (10.55-20.45) 90% in, 16% home, proj. #6 (#2-out)
8W: 17.80 (14.60-21.85) 100% in, 87% home, proj. #4 (#1-#7)
9W: 21.75 (19.75-24.25) 100% in, 100% home, proj. #2 (#1-#4)
Minford is a lock with 7 wins. Can they get there?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This ^^^^^^^^^^.

Defensively. Minford coaches had them in position. The arm tackling wont get it done. Numerous times they had West for 3 yard losses and the grabbing and hitting high let the back off the hook. The tackling from a player standpoint must get significantly better.

Offensively I'm not sure why Minford kept thinking they could pound the ball between the tackles all night when West was just too mean and strong up the middle defensively. I agree with one of the other comments......offensively Minford beat their heads against the wall.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ur right about pulling jerseys and high tackling. I didn’t see many wrapping the legs. The D line was drove back most the night.The offense adjusted and was running the ball better second half. I guess adjustments were made but just played a better team up front

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Minford needs alot of eork in the toughness department, but the West offensive line looked great last night. Get the quarterback back and this team is ready to make a run.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Big win for West.
Looking forward to seeing them play in Hebron.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Minford needs to add the P in the RPOs they are running. I would also like to see a speed option look after the inside read,and it’s okay to go under center some.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 pm Big win for West.
Looking forward to seeing them play in Hebron.

Lakewwood get a new field this year?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Last year.
Hebron Lakewood would be smart to try and get more games like this and get some playoff games.

outofbounds
Waterboy

Post by outofbounds »

Did the West and Minford JVs play last night?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Yes I believe it was 28-0 West

Return to “Football”