Wellston 20 River Valley 0

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Wellston (2-3) @ River Valley (0-5)

Post by VetteMan »

And yes I have been an official in Basketball and Football. I remember a few years ago, a situation about like this happening,and as a member of the crew, this is what we did.

2Time
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6 Wellston (2-3, 1-0) vs. River Valley (0-5,0-1)

Post by 2Time »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:13 pm
2Time wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 pm I know the link says girls basketball but after reading, it appears this is the same policy for all varsity sports.

https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/ ... Policy.pdf
This rule should be different for football since the season is only 10 games. Should be a half.
I agree. When I was younger I was ejected from a middle school game 1 quarter in and had to sit the rest of that game and the game after. It was rough, especially when you only get 7 games in middle school to begin with. It did teach me a lesson on keeping my emotions in check though.

Burnsdad#1
Waterboy

Post by Burnsdad#1 »

I agree my son has learned a hard lesson here . He sat out most of the second half of the last game bc it happneded so early . I hate it for him and his teammates. Just thank god it’s not his senior year . The officials kept warning both teams and their were far most worse plays then just shoving a kid that was taunting him where both kids should have been ejected not just one but . It’s over with sir this one out and lesson learned

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Burnsdad#1 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm I agree my son has learned a hard lesson here . He sat out most of the second half of the last game bc it happneded so early . I hate it for him and his teammates. Just thank god it’s not his senior year . The officials kept warning both teams and their were far most worse plays then just shoving a kid that was taunting him where both kids should have been ejected not just one but . It’s over with sir this one out and lesson learned
From a wellston fan. hope your son keeps that head straight and has a good high school career man!

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Burnsdad#1
Waterboy

Post by Burnsdad#1 »

Thank you this was a hard lesson learned . But thank you and good luck this season to wellston

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I thought the rule for ejections was 10% of the season. Football 1 game. Basketball 2 games. That rule could have changed though.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Wellston !

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Raiderball wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:23 pm I thought the rule for ejections was 10% of the season. Football 1 game. Basketball 2 games. That rule could have changed though.
Maybe so.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I want RV to win but Wellston is pretty good. The teams they lost to are really good.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

You can listen to this game LIVE through River Valley Football Broadcasting.

Eric Whitt and Carl DeWitt will be live at 7:15pm with the Jeremy DeWitt Allstate Insurance Agency Pre-Game Show!

www.mixlr.com/river-valley-football-broadcasting

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

:( The River Valley consolidated schools did better in athletics before they formed one school. The original 4 schools North Gallia , Kyger Creek , Southwestern and Hannan Trace (before they essentially became South Gallia now) had many trophies in their cases in the old SVAC. I don't understand how they are not competitive in most sports anymore ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:10 am :( The River Valley consolidated schools did better in athletics before they formed one school. The original 4 schools North Gallia , Kyger Creek , Southwestern and Hannan Trace (before they essentially became South Gallia now) had many trophies in their cases in the old SVAC. I don't understand how they are not competitive in most sports anymore ?
Well, they were playing each other.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Sports101 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:34 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:10 am :( The River Valley consolidated schools did better in athletics before they formed one school. The original 4 schools North Gallia , Kyger Creek , Southwestern and Hannan Trace (before they essentially became South Gallia now) had many trophies in their cases in the old SVAC. I don't understand how they are not competitive in most sports anymore ?
Symmes Valley, Oak Hill, Sothern and Eastern seem to be doing fine on their own since the old SVAC split up. My point is they're D5 and getting pummeled by D5 and D6 teams and they're in the Ohio of the TVC with one D3, a couple 4's and 5's and a D6. They could be put in the Hocking with all D6 and 7's and still not be competitive with 2 or 3 of those teams in most sports yearly. They should beat South Gallia at the end of the year in football but either a lot of kids just don't play in that district anymore or the parents maybe have them go to Gallipolis is all I can figure. Just my thoughts. :?

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:39 pm
Symmes Valley, Oak Hill, Sothern and Eastern seem to be doing fine on their own since the old SVAC split up. My point is they're D5 and getting pummeled by D5 and D6 teams and they're in the Ohio of the TVC with one D3, a couple 4's and 5's and a D6. They could be put in the Hocking with all D6 and 7's and still not be competitive with 2 or 3 of those teams in most sports yearly. They should beat South Gallia at the end of the year in football but either a lot of kids just don't play in that district anymore or the parents maybe have them go to Gallipolis is all I can figure. Just my thoughts. :?
Well the best kid in the county went to school at RV and transferred last year, that hurts! Those other schools couldn’t compete with Coal Grove, Gallipolis, Portsmouth, NY, or Meigs either!

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

When RV kept all their kids and the athletes all played all 4 years in high school they were good and competitive for those 3 years.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Rockets win!!

34-7

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

You can say what you want about not being competitive in the Hocking but I will disagree. Yes I know you have Trimble football and Waham in past years(not what they once were). Some good baseball also. Overall I think River Valley would not only compete but given 2-3 years would begin to dominate most sports simply due to the numbers.
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:39 pm

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

Very sloppy conditions kept both teams from getting it going tonight. RV looked to have some good size and some skill guys, hopefully they can stick this year out and bounce back next year, wouldn’t be surprised to see them win 5-7 games if the kids stick around.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

I am sure those guys who played in those svac games were and still proud of that conference and should be

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

91blue14 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:13 pm
I am sure those guys who played in those svac games were and still proud of that conference and should be
Agreed, very much so.

Return to “Football”