Nelsonville-York 30 Meigs 22

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Nelsonville-York 30 Meigs 22

Post by FANOSPORTS »

LMH wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 pm Reading these posts, it sounds like some of those freshman on Meigs team likes to talk. Great flip of freshman, but still freshman. Not sure why Meigs hasn’t done better, especially with a super bowl winning coach running the show.
Meigs Jr. high teams always very good but hasn't translated @ high school level the last few years. I guess we'll see if it gets any better the next couple years ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Meigs Jr. high teams always very good but hasn't translated @ high school level the last few years. I guess we'll see if it gets any better the next couple years ?[/quote]

I agree it will be interesting. Didn't this years senior class at Meigs go undefeated their 8th grade year? And the most I can see Meigs winning this year would be 4 if they can win the last 2 after losing to Athens and Point.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:42 pm
LMH wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 pm Reading these posts, it sounds like some of those freshman on Meigs team likes to talk. Great flip of freshman, but still freshman. Not sure why Meigs hasn’t done better, especially with a super bowl winning coach running the show.
Meigs Jr. high teams always very good but hasn't translated @ high school level the last few years. I guess we'll see if it gets any better the next couple years ?
Both Jr high teams don't seem to be that good this year.
NY beat both of them pretty easily.
Our 8th grade won 43-20 and our 7th grade won 44-0.
We do have a solid 8th grade class so it's hard to say because I don't know either of their Jr high teams records.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

He did not win the Super Bowl. God favored the Patriots over his Eagles that game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Chuck Finley wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 pm
He did not win the Super Bowl. God favored the Patriots over his Eagles that game.
He was a long snapper with the Patriots when they won one. He was picked up toward the end of the season that year.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Re: Meigs (2-3) @ Nelsonville-York (1-4)

Post by NY Tomcat »

footballfan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:24 am Thanks to Bartrum for going for it on his own 45 on 4th and 5 in the 4th quarter down 1 point with over 7 minutes to go with 3 timeouts.
NY players never quit and came out in the 2nd half and outscored Meigs 20-0 to earn the win.
Yea, Meigs gets rid of a good coach to bring in an NFL guy. NY brings in a rutter. Yea, he put 15+ years in at the school as a teacher, but he's still just a rutter from over the hill. And the rutter once again out coaches the NFL guy. Who would have thunk it? Way to go Rusty and the Buckeye players.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 pm
He was a long snapper with the Patriots when they won one. He was picked up toward the end of the season that year.
Mike Bartrum played in two Super Bowls but Never won one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Looks like he's never gonna win a league title either.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Not sure what that has to do with you saying he won a Super Bowl but OK.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 pm Looks like he's never gonna win a league title either.
What does this have to do with you being proven wrong about him having won a Super Bowl. I hope you are not one of them guys that can’t admit when your wrong so you change the subject.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bird Dog wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:17 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Mike Bartrum played in two Super Bowls but Never won one.
Yep, he played for the Chiefs then 3 good teams, Packers , Pats and Eagles but with each of those last 3 teams he played with them before or after they'd WON a Super Bowl.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Also and this will be my last post on this but i'm probably older than most folks on SEOPS but all this stuff about Athens and N-Y on these threads and how great they've been, bah !!!!! I'm old enough to remember when Athens was decent and Nelsonville didn't even show up for games. In the old SEOAL days Nelsonville (42 yr) and then N-Y (2 yr) couldn't hardly win a game :
1925-1967 276 games, Won 44-Lost 220-Tied 12 .181 winning pct.
1968-1969 20 games, Won 1-Lost 19. .050 winning pct.
Then they like Athens years later ran off to the TVC at that point so some of you young'uns need to realize the truth and not think these teams just appeared overnight and were always Unbeatable. You also need to remember that the playoffs weren't even thought of till 1973 in football as winners used to be picked by the media and sportswriters so who knows what old SEOAL teams might have done some damage if they had playoffs back in those days.I feel better now and my rants over but my point is they are just good teams in a below average (for the state) league. Bust on me if you wish, I can take it. Thanks for reading.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 pm Also and this will be my last post on this but i'm probably older than most folks on SEOPS but all this stuff about Athens and N-Y on these threads and how great they've been, bah !!!!! I'm old enough to remember when Athens was decent and Nelsonville didn't even show up for games. In the old SEOAL days Nelsonville (42 yr) and then N-Y (2 yr) couldn't hardly win a game :
Then they like Athens years later ran off to the TVC at that point so some of you young'uns need to realize the truth and not think these teams just appeared overnight and were always Unbeatable. You also need to remember that the playoffs weren't even thought of till 1973 in football as winners used to be picked by the media and sportswriters so who knows what old SEOAL teams might have done some damage if they had playoffs back in those days.I feel better now and my rants over but my point is they are just good teams in a below average (for the state) league. Bust on me if you wish, I can take it. Thanks for reading.
If you have a problem with our "below average league" then go somewhere else.
Do you even watch any of our teams play?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 pm Also and this will be my last post on this but i'm probably older than most folks on SEOPS but all this stuff about Athens and N-Y on these threads and how great they've been, bah !!!!! I'm old enough to remember when Athens was decent and Nelsonville didn't even show up for games. In the old SEOAL days Nelsonville (42 yr) and then N-Y (2 yr) couldn't hardly win a game :
I am SO proud of you! Oh my gosh, you remembered old teams!? No way!!! Did all that thinking make you ruin your depends? I mean, you ARE MUCH OLDER THAN ANYONE HERE!

😂😂😂 this Guy needs out of here. Times have changed bud! NY moved to a smaller league so they could compete with teams closer to their size. And look, it’s worked out! This isn’t the 1930’s anymore bud Nelsonville isn’t a team in the SEOAL that takes a beating, they’ve established a name for themselves and a tradition that holds up as one of the elites around SEO. This forum shouldn’t be for you or any other crackpots to say how bad these TEENAGERS are and how they don’t know football and it’s just a bad league. It’s for discussion on the game, to talk about THESE TEENAGERS in a positive way.....now can you read all of this or are the words too small for you? Can someone read it for you Grandpa!?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OSU22 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 am
I am SO proud of you! Oh my gosh, you remembered old teams!? No way!!! Did all that thinking make you ruin your depends? I mean, you ARE MUCH OLDER THAN ANYONE HERE!

😂😂😂 this Guy needs out of here. Times have changed bud! NY moved to a smaller league so they could compete with teams closer to their size. And look, it’s worked out! This isn’t the 1930’s anymore bud Nelsonville isn’t a team in the SEOAL that takes a beating, they’ve established a name for themselves and a tradition that holds up as one of the elites around SEO. This forum shouldn’t be for you or any other crackpots to say how bad these TEENAGERS are and how they don’t know football and it’s just a bad league. It’s for discussion on the game, to talk about THESE TEENAGERS in a positive way.....now can you read all of this or are the words too small for you? Can someone read it for you Grandpa!?
Just stating some historical facts and lest you forget, one team does not make a league. Good day !!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 am
If you have a problem with our "below average league" then go somewhere else.
Do you even watch any of our teams play?
No problem with league , it is what it is and I mentioned statewide above. Yep, come down 33 to the old stomping grounds about 5 or 6 times a year for football & basketball games, playoff games and go to the convo about every year for districts. I still have most of my family in the Wahama, Meigs, Alexander and Jackson areas.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Dave Boston came to Nelsonville in 1966. NY would have become a great program regardless if the Buckeyes were in the TVC or the SEOAL because of Dave Boston. The league has nothing to do with it, it's the coach that turned NY into a powerhouse.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:43 am Dave Boston came to Nelsonville in 1966. NY would have become a great program regardless if the Buckeyes were in the TVC or the SEOAL because of Dave Boston. The league has nothing to do with it, it's the coach that turned NY into a powerhouse.
Agree wholehardetly 96...

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 am
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:43 am Dave Boston came to Nelsonville in 1966. NY would have become a great program regardless if the Buckeyes were in the TVC or the SEOAL because of Dave Boston. The league has nothing to do with it, it's the coach that turned NY into a powerhouse.
Agree wholehardetly 96...
Dave Sr., Hall of Famer, great coach no doubt, great program "yes", numerous TVC titles and a state title in 81 and that is a lifetime memory for the district but was 12-26 in 4 years in the SEOAL before leaving. If you guys think they could have won the SEOAL with the Ironton teams in the 70's and 80's and Jackson, Gallipolis and Logan teams in the 80's, 90's and 2000's i agree to disagree. Anyway, hope N-Y wins out and gets in the playoffs this year as they're improving weekly. (Not trying to offend anyone so don't take it that way please). Thank You !!!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It takes a few years to build a program. Boston coached his first four years in the SEOAL and was SEOAL Coach of the Year in 1966. NY didn’t win the TVC immediately either. It took awhile to build the program from the ground up. It wasn’t until the mid 70s that NY established itself as a strong program.

NY defeated Logan in years Logan won the SEOAL. In ‘94, NY defeated both SEOAL Champion Logan and 2nd place in the SEOAL Jackson.

All the while being much smaller than most of the schools in the SEOAL. Of course NY loses to Logan more than winning when factoring for size difference.

For that matter, NY is closer in size to TVC Hocking schools than most of the TVC Ohio schools, yet NY has dominated the TVC Ohio over the years. NY can overcome size difference to a point. But once it’s a big difference, I don’t see how anyone could expect NY to have a winning record against much bigger schools.

Return to “Football”