Chillicothe 7 Logan 6

Bronc21
All Conference

Re: Chillicothe (3-1) @ Logan (1-3)

Post by Bronc21 »

Hinton has no clue on running the offense.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

6:13 left Logans ball on the 29 and still no score .

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Should be 7-0 according to the announcers

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

TD called back illegal player down field .

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

28 seconds LEFT still no score l. Logan picked off at the 6 yard line . Overtime

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Chilli 7 Logan 6 . Logan went for the win and stopped short. Interesting game , Chiefs competed better than most expected . Build on this and get ready for Athens .

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe Played absolutely terrible tonight i just dont know if we have enough offense to beat hillsboro, court house and Jackson def have to fix things if we want to repeat as FAC champions but hey a win is a win and logan played well

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A win is a win.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Worst offensive team in years. Qb can’t run and not a good passer. Toss in the poor play calling and this team is lucky to get a win. Haven’t beaten a team with a winning record yet don’t think they will beat Jackson, Hillsboro, or WCh

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I'm guessing Logan played a helluva game on defense.

Gotta be a tough one to lose...keep your heads up high Chiefs!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 am
Chief02 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:34 pm Again, goes back to the AD. I cannot understand for the life of me how seeing a football facility as nice and large as ours being half full (if not less) every Friday is acceptable. “Football pays the bills” as they say. If that’s the case, we are and have been running in the negative. My opinion is Pernod would do a fine job. Sad that our administration is a barrier to this even potentially being an option (in the past or future). We need to stop acting like we are an “Ohio State” type school and realize we are more in line with a “Wisconsin”. We are not a powerhouse and therefore we will not have power coaches lining up to coach here. We need to grow a young coach who has a talent. This takes an AD being able to see the talent when it is in front of them.
If you think the AD is the sole decision maker in hiring and firing of coaches then you don't understand the way the system works. When Logan has hired coaches in the last ten years - at least in the "profile" sports (football, basketball) there has been input from principals, the AD, the superintendent, other coaches, and the school board.

Heck, when Burke was hired there was an entire committee that included Dale Amyx that made the decision.

From what I know of that process, the BIG mistake they made (IMO) was not hiring the coach at Johnstown who applied.

In hindsight, its easy to say they should have hired Penrod. But heck, Gallipolis didn't hire him either and he was on staff there. Luckily for Gallipolis they got a second chance and didn't screw it up. I don't think Logan will get a second chance unfortunately.
But she gives the “recommendations” or is that a front and the board really makes the decisions? If it is her decisions..... well maybe things would be different if.....

Anyway... good defensive effort by our guys tonight. Just some costly mistakes separated us from that winners circle.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Chillicothe 7 Logan 6

Post by mattash »

Chillicothe 7 Logan 6

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well Well the Chiefies played much closer than most the experts on here predicted. Tough game to lose but it has to give them a little confidence. As far as the AD she was not the AD when the current coach was hired.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

cbolt wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:36 am Well Well the Chiefies played much closer than most the experts on here predicted. Tough game to lose but it has to give them a little confidence. As far as the AD she was not the AD when the current coach was hired.
But she is the current AD and should make recommendations! As far as the game Did not listen but why did the Cheifs did not kick the extra point? :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Team wanted to go for two

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Closer game than I thought it would be.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:15 am Team wanted to go for two
The parents complained to admin and wanted to go for two so then the team had to do it :lol:

Honestly though it was a good game, tough loss. As I said earlier I didn’t think it’d get to running clock, but didn’t think it’d be that close either.

If the coach asked the team what they wanted to do snd it was a unanimous go for two response, then I don’t see much wrong with it. If it had worked, we would all be talking about how nice that was and how exciting for the kids. Unfortunately it didn’t workout that way so we get to question it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

If it worked your a hero, if it fails it was a bad decision. Take your pick. The way the game went throughout 4 quarters imo and many others opinions I talked to, the extra point kick would have been the better common choice, but very happy the Chiefs played tough and competitive like a div 2 School should. The offensive change old School under center looked good and worked better as I figured it would, but wished it would have been changed and practiced on after the first game. Get ready for the Bulldogs now. It's beat Athens week. Kick some bulldog behinds. GO CHIEFS!!

Raider, lets hear some havoc ole bud. :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seen on another topic someone said Chillicothe should have won by 2 or 4 TDs.

1St downs.....Chillicothe 6.....Logan 15
Plays.....Chillicothe 46.....Logan 74
yards.….Chillicothe 109.....Logan 279
Time.....Chillicothe 17:14.....Logan 30.19

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I bet this was one heck of a game! Good showing by Logan. Hopefully that effort Carry's over to next week!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”