Raceland 27 Portsmouth West 15

RACELAND
Waterboy

Re: Raceland (4-1) @ Portsmouth West (4-0)

Post by RACELAND »

The west QB is a Houdini! Did he have grease on his jersey? We couldn’t get that dude on the ground!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Raceland 27 Portsmouth West 15

Post by mattash »

Raceland 27 Portsmouth West 15

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ramfan95
Waterboy

Post by Ramfan95 »

This was a really fun game to watch amd West has nothing to hang their heads about. There was some trash talk leading into this one (mostly by us fans lol) but on the field this was a clean game between two teams who had respect for each other. West has some playmakers but another poster said, depth killed West last night and I think that will continue to hurt them againstvgood teams. Good luck to West the rest of the way.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Sounds like Ky football held up pretty well last night . Lot of trash talk before this one but the game sounded like it wasn't to close .

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:31 am Sounds like Ky football held up pretty well last night . Lot of trash talk before this one but the game sounded like it wasn't to close .
Raceland was the better team. They have a huge line, skill, and speed. The player that got eligible last night also made a big difference with the two touchdowns. They can compete with anyone locally. No shame loosing to them.

But don't make it sound like the game wasn't close. West had the ball inside the 10 before halftime and it easily could have been pass interference in the endzone or illegal contact down field which would've given West another play from around the 5. After West tied the game they had Raceland backed up and had a blown coverage which Raceland got a long touchdown. Then West had the ball inside the 10 again and a holding call brought a touchdown back that would've given West the lead and they stopped West on downs. After that the big line wore on West's front.

Westsidestinks
Waterboy

Post by Westsidestinks »

I didn’t feel West was ever in the game just my feeling , West is a scrappy bunch and their QB is hard to coral , Raceland just has to much speed , size and dept for west , I thought the refs were bad but not as bad as I expected and I’m not saying they were cheating I’m saying they were just bad , just like the last touchdown I watched film that west player was 2-3 yards out of bounds when he caught it , the officials were just in horrible position to make a call so they guessed .. good luck to West the rest of the year

Westsidestinks
Waterboy

Post by Westsidestinks »

And there was someone on here saying Raceland was soft and defense wasn’t very good snd West running would rush for 250 , he had 38 !!!! And as far as what he said in the paper about a blowout that’s on the coaches he should’ve been coached on what to say and not to say Bc it don’t matter what we think it’s all about perception and that was put in Racelands defense face all week and it put a target on his back he wasn’t gonna have a big rushing game , things that are said in meetings and locker rooms need to stay there . Good lesson to learn

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

West offensively was better last year and the line play was better last year but raceland IMO is better this year as far as team speed goes the game i am looking forward to is west and Waverly cause that will be Waverlys first tough opponent of the year

Return to “Football”