Drug Testing athletes in school.

Chillifan123
Waterboy

Drug Testing athletes in school.

Post by Chillifan123 »

Thoughts on Mandatory Drug testing for athletes in schools? I know some schools do it , but some dont.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Re: Drug Testing athletes in school.

Post by Fattseycline »

I am al for it, but some schools would rig it just like they do enrollment numbers!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Should happen at every school..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
E High
All State

Post by E High »

Should happen at every school and coaches should also be tested.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

E High wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 am Should happen at every school and coaches should also be tested.
I agree. As long as the state did it so no schools could figure out how to cheat it!

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

If you test athletes you should have to test every student. You can't single just one group of kids out because they play sports. That wouldn't be any different than saying we are going to drug test all African American students and no one else.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

langra wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:54 pm If you test athletes you should have to test every student. You can't single just one group of kids out because they play sports. That wouldn't be any different than saying we are going to drug test all African American students and no one else.
Agree 100%. Every boy and every girl 7th.grade thru the 12th.grade. It also should be done more than 1 time a year.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

test every student that is involved in activities. If they are only going to school as required then they shouldnt have to be tested. If they want to participate in activities, test them all or dont test at all

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

wrestlefan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 pm test every student that is involved in activities. If they are only going to school as required then they shouldnt have to be tested. If they want to participate in activities, test them all or dont test at all
Agree 100%, leave the "heads" alone. If It's not an activity and they get their studies done, more power to them. We had some in the National Honor Society back in the day.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 pm
wrestlefan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 pm test every student that is involved in activities. If they are only going to school as required then they shouldnt have to be tested. If they want to participate in activities, test them all or dont test at all
Agree 100%, leave the "heads" alone. If It's not an activity and they get their studies done, more power to them. We had some in the National Honor Society back in the day.
So test an athlete and not an honor student. What kind of message is that sending to kids. If I get good grades I can smoke all the dope I want to. Interesting

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Who foots the bill? Taxpayers, or the families? That’s where this question comes down to.

Nothing seems to suggest that drug testing actually is of any result, frankly. I mean, why stop at drug — do alcohol and tobacco testing, while you’re at it.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I'm all for it, but there has to be a plan on how to do it fairly. Testing students in certain activities and ignoring others would certainly setup some sort of legal action.

LMH
Waterboy

Post by LMH »

There’s nothing fair about drug testing athletes? Sure there is. It’s not a right to play sports or be in the band, it’s a privelage. I know several schools that only test sports and bands

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

What is your plan to do with kids who fail?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dumb

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What is it $35-$50 per test? Pricey on districts. I really don’t care for it.

My son was tested 3x last year as an 8th grader and once already this year. That’s pretty funny if you know my son lol.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Sure, all for it. Put my kid first in line right after all the teachers, staff, administration and BOE member. Soon as they get done she will be next up.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

no ...unless taxpaiers are peying for it

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If it was mandated by state I am sure the state could negotiate a price and you could get price down to about $10!a test or less.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Just say no

Return to “Football”