Meigs 27 Vinton County 21 OT

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Re: 0-3 Meigs @ 1-2 Vinton County

Post by Daniel Boone »

I do agree with Bird Dog and Fonzie about all of the wonderful things that Mr. Bartrum has brought and been involved with in Meigs Local Schools upon his return home. I do believe he is also community minded, but not so fast my friends. Sideline conduct, gym conduct, from a leader in our community is sometimes questionable. A lot of good things but same results losing record, gives up almost as many points as Coach Frye's basketball teams? Lets stick to the facts: underachieving, not winning, how long does it continue? All other coaches since Mr. Bartrum's return have resigned or been terminated, is there a connection to his return? I do believe that several BOE members are from the Rutland vicinity does that factor into the toleration of the entire situation? Lots of questions, who can give the correct information?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Daniel Boone wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:00 pm I do agree with Bird Dog and Fonzie about all of the wonderful things that Mr. Bartrum has brought and been involved with in Meigs Local Schools upon his return home. I do believe he is also community minded, but not so fast my friends. Sideline conduct, gym conduct, from a leader in our community is sometimes questionable. A lot of good things but same results losing record, gives up almost as many points as Coach Frye's basketball teams? Lets stick to the facts: underachieving, not winning, how long does it continue? All other coaches since Mr. Bartrum's return have resigned or been terminated, is there a connection to his return? I do believe that several BOE members are from the Rutland vicinity does that factor into the toleration of the entire situation? Lots of questions, who can give the correct information?
Agree but who knows what the answers will be to the last two questions. ? Mike's a good person, had a gift and took advantage of it like most would do, retired fairly young and came home to help his county. That's fine and dandy and I believe he did this because he stayed grounded in the scary world of pro athletics today and wanted to raise the family in a small town atmosphere of his roots. I don't believe as posted earlier that most people are envious, jealous or whatever. He's a regular guy that just happened to have a career that paid well. Now, as far as opening doors for opportunities an NFL career would do that for anyone especially from small towns. That being said, I would venture to say that he wouldn't want to be put on a pedestal as some would do but on the other hand wouldn't want to be belittled for trying to help the community. I've seen only a few Meigs games the last 6 or so years and have seen him get, let's say "animated" more than once but if you've ever played or coached that just happens at times when your emotions get to you. I don't know him personally but the BOE whether good or bad decide these decisions and we all know there have always been networks that work in mysterious ways. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few years but my guess is he'll coach until his youngest is done with high school and then give it up unless the powers that be decide to go in a different direction before then. Stay tuned !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Fanosports, you speak well my friend. I absolutely agree with you on the envy and glad Mr. Bartrum has come home to raise his family. I still have questions as to why all of the coaches of boys athletic teams, exception Coach Kennedy, have been replaced since Mr. Bartrum's return, has he been involved in those decisions, I would hope not. The only friend a coach has is another coach. By the way, I believe that Coach Kennedy is a class act and does and excellent job, but I felt the same way about Mr. Bissell, Mr. Chancey and Mr. Frye. Even though I am not a fan of the 1-3-1 all the time.

Meigs wins at VC, too much offense.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Daniel Boone wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:45 pm Fanosports, you speak well my friend. I absolutely agree with you on the envy and glad Mr. Bartrum has come home to raise his family. I still have questions as to why all of the coaches of boys athletic teams, exception Coach Kennedy, have been replaced since Mr. Bartrum's return, has he been involved in those decisions, I would hope not. The only friend a coach has is another coach. By the way, I believe that Coach Kennedy is a class act and does and excellent job, but I felt the same way about Mr. Bissell, Mr. Chancey and Mr. Frye. Even though I am not a fan of the 1-3-1 all the time.

Meigs wins at VC, too much offense.
You have to have great athletes all over the floor to play man constantly (i.e. NBA). In college and I'll reference Bobby Huggins and Jon Belein @ WVU and Michigan respectively. They don't get the NC, Duke, Kentucky recruiting classes so they set up in the 1-3-1 out of necessity and it works out for the team with 20+ win seasons and tourney runs at the end if you have a short bench. Just depends on a lot of factors but I agree at the high school level It's easier to play man because most leagues and teams may have only 1 or 2 stars unless you are loaded with all AAU players like some teams around the state but SEO doesn't have to worry about that most years.!!!!! :o

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I have an idea. Let's get probably the best back to back to back QB's in Meigs history and put them in charge as Tri- head coaches. Bobby Ashley, Mike Chancey and Mike Bartrum played in front of or were a protege of each other back in the 80's and all had very good records while calling signals albeit didn't make the playoffs back then because of the conference (TVC), points system, schedule, etc.. All three have good pedigrees and football knowledge, are all in there late 40's early 50's and still have a few years before retirement.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Keep dreaming
Maraudernation crapped on coach Chancey. No reason for coach Ashley to stop being a head coach. Coach bartrum doesn’t like defense. Would be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:16 pm Keep dreaming
Maraudernation crapped on coach Chancey. No reason for coach Ashley to stop being a head coach. Coach bartrum doesn’t like defense. Would be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.
My take from the first 3 games I've listened to on radio is that the corners and safeties are totally confused on every coverage and the inside backers never stay home. I don't know who the defensive coordinators are but they need to fix that in a hurry. Meigs always has good Jr high football but these kids can get discouraged after awhile when they start losing a lot and that's not good. The offense can only do so much and they punted only once last week but so did Logan. Bottom line, you can't play basketball on grass every week.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

14-7 VC 10:48 2nd. Defense can't stop runs between the tackles all year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VC 14-13 , Looks like another shootout. Meigs has missed a few xp this year so went for 2 and didn't get it. Meigs could set a record this year for points scored AND given up this year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs 21-14. Went for 2 and got it this time.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

21-21 , 10 guys in the box and right up the middle. Uggghhhh !!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bad clock mgmt nearing end of half by Meigs so 21-21 @ half.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

3rd qtr - Meigs drives to the 5 and fumbles. VC ball.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Vc rumblin,stumblin,bumblin. Run on EVERY play. 0 passes in the whole game. Turnover on downs on Meigs 37. 3:00 left in 3rd

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs 4th and 11 @ 21 yd line. Should have been targeting but Meigs reacted because of no call and got unsportsmanlike. VC ball, end of 3rd.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bartrum on field between qtr on refs. no call.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

4th: VC punt, Meigs punt.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VC, run,run,run,run, middle,middle,middle.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VC fg try, no good.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs passing every play, VC running every play. Meigs punting 6:00 left and last time out called Meigs ? Why ?

Return to “Football”