Bishop Hartley 49 Chillicothe 10

Chillifan123
Waterboy

Post by Chillifan123 »

thoughts?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: Week 4 Chillicothe (3-0) @ Bishop Hartley (2-1)

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Hartley by a lot.
Hopefully no injuries to any Cavaliers this week.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe Has not looked great offensively this season thus far but the defense has been good and special teams great if chillicothe wants to make this a game they will need to play perfect. Gonna be measuring stick game for my cavaliers ill say hartley 45-14

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

good luck Chillicothe! Hartley is a load!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley by 24

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Hartley a big test

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hartley by 33

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It wont be the end of the season even if they lose to B. Hartley. Burg will not let the loss to Hartley affect the rest of there season,and neither should the Cavaliers. They will still have there League to play for, plus possibly the chance to make the playoffs.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Hartley by as many as they would like.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Bishop Hartley 49 Chillicothe 10

Post by mattash »

anyone have a box score

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe Got on the board first after forcing a to on a fumble Hartley then threw an int the next possession then held Chillicothe. Hartley scored 14 unanswered before Chillicothe put together a drive that lead to a 35 yard field goal after getting down to around the 5 yard line before halftime score was Hartley 14 chilli 10 at the break the opening position the caves were forced to punt Hartley key blocked the punt leading to a score then got an onside kick and scored again and it was down hill from there Hartley had 28 points in the 3rd quarter 21 or those 28 in about a 2 minute span that took the sails out of chilli.

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

Ron Hinton may be the biggest cry baby I have ever heard. His post game interview was pathetic. I understand things don’t go your way all the time, but come on. To blame the loss on officials and to call out Hartley for “running up the score” was bad. It was ok for them to put up 60-70 points on McClain in the past though. Win and lose with class. Chillicothe is a really good team that ran into a great team last night.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Well doing an onside kick with that big of lead was very classless. I am not a Hinton fan, but he’s right on that one. As far as the refs, I wasn’t there to comment on that one.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

:!:
Bronc21 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:29 pm Well doing an onside kick with that big of lead was very classless. I am not a Hinton fan, but he’s right on that one. As far as the refs, I wasn’t there to comment on that one.
Not saying it makes it right but don’t they onside kick every time?

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

waterhog82 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 pmTo blame the loss on officials and to call out Hartley for “running up the score” was bad.
His team beat a Mifflin team a couple weeks ago by a larger margin. He should have thanked the officials for keeping Hartley under a 100. Objectively speaking, the officiating was below average, but that's no longer atypical. We're all spoiled in the age of replay. There were more penalties called at this game than one of those stupid girl's lacrosse games. I understand that an official wants to manage the game and all, but I wasn't clear about the call that resulted in the Chili DC getting the unsportsmanlike. It most likely involved an f-bomb but sometimes a coach's blind and deaf grandmom could have called that play better. And it's a violent game steeped in the language of violence, so sometimes a witty repartee isn't the first natural response. Hartley defensive backs are known to be as handsy as the rules allow, and sometimes they like to test the subjectivity of the finer points of the rules as applied by a particular official. The one play that was announced as an arm bar clearly was not. The official tossing the hanky had first motioned face guarding to the others who undoubtedly told him that that rule had been repealed. By halftime and certainly in the locker room the Hartley coaches had made the necessary adjustments and told the cornerbacks to just stop playing defense and hope that the pass is off or the kid drops it. That was an effective plan. In watching any high school football game, at least four offensive lineman are holding on each play with the other guys confused about their assignments and therefore not holding much less engaging anyone. By the second half, Hartley was resigned that 40 to 50 yards of forward progress were going to be necessary each series to get a first down, so they just started running harder and faster. I felt bad for Hinton. I've always admired him as a coach. Not so much as a snazzy dresser. In his new gig, he doesn't have to worry about 40 kids from poor families staying home because they can't pay, but he's clearly struggling with the kinds of athletically talented public school kids who don't want to do the necessary off-season strength and conditioning to hang with a high caliber team for the full 48 minutes. Burg might have gotten a similar whipping from the Hawks, but you didn't see their guys just completely gassed and giving up on plays and getting tossed around by smaller guys in the second half like was done to the Cavaliers. They should do fine the rest of the season until a blowout in week 11, winning against the over-rated Hillsboro team and probably losing a game they shouldn't against an always physical Jackson team.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

fbnut wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pmNot saying it makes it right but don’t they onside kick every time?
Not last season. It took a year to figure out the physics behind doing a pop-up kick that doesn't break the rules. Considering the lousy coverage on the one kick that was done normally and resulted in a 60 yard return, the one squibber that trickled out at the 32, and the one that was caught on the run and on the fly by an untouched kid, there was no logical reason to do anything different. Why let your own team's sub-par kick coverage let the other team back in the game with a big return? And why work on improving kick coverage when the kick is going to get banned in the next few years anyhow?

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

I am a long time chillicothe fan and i can say that under Hinton chillicothe's offense has been God awful its as if we have 5 plays hinton has been saved by athletes like brandon maughmer in the past, Don't let hintons 8-2 seasons fool you we have been blown out by the solid teams on Our schedule and embarrassed in the playoffs every time we get in. But hey when you play gree field trace and previous hillsboro teams you get to brag about making the playoffs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:24 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pmNot saying it makes it right but don’t they onside kick every time?
Not last season. It took a year to figure out the physics behind doing a pop-up kick that doesn't break the rules. Considering the lousy coverage on the one kick that was done normally and resulted in a 60 yard return, the one squibber that trickled out at the 32, and the one that was caught on the run and on the fly by an untouched kid, there was no logical reason to do anything different. Why let your own team's sub-par kick coverage let the other team back in the game with a big return? And why work on improving kick coverage when the kick is going to get banned in the next few years anyhow?
It’s not an onside kick. And I’d do it every time too if I had that kicker. He does it almost perfect every time.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

waterhog82 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 pm Ron Hinton may be the biggest cry baby I have ever heard. His post game interview was pathetic. I understand things don’t go your way all the time, but come on. To blame the loss on officials and to call out Hartley for “running up the score” was bad. It was ok for them to put up 60-70 points on McClain in the past though. Win and lose with class. Chillicothe is a really good team that ran into a great team last night.
Not to mention when he was at Amanda Clearcreek they routinely beat up on weaker teams. In the early 2000's, those Amanda teams put up a lot of lopsided scores in the 50's and 60's. But it doesn't feel so good when you are on the receiving end.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Chilli will finish ok, Hartley has a decent team .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”