Barnesville 16 Buckeye Trail 14

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

I think I am going to go to Warrior Country and watch this one due to the Zeps being so far away and Caldwell playing TCC. Barnesville played meadowbrook hard on Friday. Both teams beat Newcomerstown similarly. Rox or Warriors?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Barnesville @ Buckeye Trail

Post by EasternDspy »

I’ll take Trail they have more on offense. Don’t forget to put the wk in the headers.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Cattywampus wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:54 pm I think I am going to go to Warrior Country and watch this one due to the Zeps being so far away and Caldwell playing TCC. Barnesville played meadowbrook hard on Friday. Both teams beat Newcomerstown similarly. Rox or Warriors?
Swamp daddy if you go to Warrior country on Friday you will be quite lonely. Game is in Barnesville I’m sure.

Having said that, Barnesville is thinking playoffs on the back of their qb and d-1 prospect lineman transfer from Harrison central. Agree with previous post, trail haost of weapons on offense. With game in Barnesville I say a close one! Trail by 7-13 but late!

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Shucks I got ran out of Barnesville in the 80s and I vowed never to go back. Find the next game I suppose.I read Eitel wrong.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Barnesville !

Justafan9043
Waterboy

Post by Justafan9043 »

I think this is going to be a really good game. Both seem evenly matched defensively. If barnesville can keep trail off the field offensively and grind the clock, they have a really good chance at a win. Trail's passing game is explosive when they get going, not sure barnesville can keep up with trail's scoring. Game might come down to special teams play. Too close to call, 27-24

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Buckeye Trail

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

No doubt the game of the century. These two schools don't like each other and their fans hate each other.
It'll be close. Whatever team wants it the worst in the 4th quarter will find a way.
Would like to be at this one. Law enforcement usually doubled when these two meet.
Cue William Wallace, "Are you ready for a war?"

Justafan9043
Waterboy

Post by Justafan9043 »

Related topic, does the visiting team at barnesville always get sideline warnings, I know it's short on that side, probably the cause of it being called. And I'm sure it's been discussed among coaches and players by many teams, and it still happens. Is it discussed before the game among coaches and refs?

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

carbon_dated wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 am No doubt the game of the century. These two schools don't like each other and their fans hate each other.
It'll be close. Whatever team wants it the worst in the 4th quarter will find a way.
Would like to be at this one. Law enforcement usually doubled when these two meet.
Little dramatic, don't ya think. I think the average Shamrock fan doesn't think much of this game. If you use your words to describe Union Local, then I would agree.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Optimism is high in cambridge, rocks fans dont think this one needs to be played as they win going away. Not so shure i bye that but i think it will be a doozy.

Shamrocks 5263
Waterboy

Post by Shamrocks 5263 »

Rocks in a tight one.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

wagner97 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:25 pm
carbon_dated wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 am No doubt the game of the century. These two schools don't like each other and their fans hate each other.
Little dramatic, don't ya think. I think the average Shamrock fan doesn't think much of this game. If you use your words to describe Union Local, then I would agree.
Yes, but this site loves drama don't ya think? :lol: Oh, I've heard those UL v. Barnesville stories at work over the years.
That indeed is a rivalry the riverfront doesn't rate as high as it should. Ferry/Bellaire, JM/Park, Valley/PC.... second fiddle to UL/Barn.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Last year was 43-12 Trail, previous year (at Barnesville) 54-50 BT against what many said was greatest team in Barnesville history.

Big question is: are Rocks 30 points better this year, Trail 30 points worse in a year?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Barnesville 16 Buckeye Trail 14

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”