Conference for Logan

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Conference for Logan

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:00 pm Canal comes back ...Logan joins and the MSL makes three new divisions.

Seven teams to each one.......
That would be perfect

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I know slightly off topic, but who do you all think would be candidates to join the Mid-State League besides Logan?

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Buckeye Valley will show interest to the Mid State League. The MOAC is adding Shelby and Buckeye Valley is starting to do a lot of traveling north, so I see Buckeye Valley ending up in the Mid State Ohio. To balance the Mid State Ohio to 7 schools I see Liberty Union possibly moving to Ohio in all sports. I think at that point Logan maybe a consideration for the Mid State Buckeye. I think Hamilton Township will not be in favor on adding Logan but Hamilton Township has little options but to join the OCC. I think Hamilton will be outmatched in the OCC. Logan has played the other Buckeye Division Schools: Circleville, Logan Elm, Bloom Carroll, Fairfield Union, Amanda Clearcreek in non football sports so there is playing history.
Most everything I have mentioned has already been mentioned. I think by 2020 Logan will be added to Mid State League Buckeye Division and Liberty Union will be a full time Ohio Division member and Buckeye Valley will in the Ohio Division also. The Buckeye and Cardinal will have 8 members with the Ohio Division having 7. I do not rule out Columbus Ready leaving the Central Catholic League for the Mid State League and it would be the 8th Member in the Ohio Division.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

bsee12345 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 pm Buckeye Valley will show interest to the Mid State League. The MOAC is adding Shelby and Buckeye Valley is starting to do a lot of traveling north, so I see Buckeye Valley ending up in the Mid State Ohio. To balance the Mid State Ohio to 7 schools I see Liberty Union possibly moving to Ohio in all sports. I think at that point Logan maybe a consideration for the Mid State Buckeye. I think Hamilton Township will not be in favor on adding Logan but Hamilton Township has little options but to join the OCC. I think Hamilton will be outmatched in the OCC. Logan has played the other Buckeye Division Schools: Circleville, Logan Elm, Bloom Carroll, Fairfield Union, Amanda Clearcreek in non football sports so there is playing history.
Most everything I have mentioned has already been mentioned. I think by 2020 Logan will be added to Mid State League Buckeye Division and Liberty Union will be a full time Ohio Division member and Buckeye Valley will in the Ohio Division also. The Buckeye and Cardinal will have 8 members with the Ohio Division having 7. I do not rule out Columbus Ready leaving the Central Catholic League for the Mid State League and it would be the 8th Member in the Ohio Division.
I don't see Liberty Union leaving the Buckeye Division and its Fairfield County rivals. Hamilton Township would have to be the school to move.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

A D5 school in Muskingum county received an email inquiry from the MSL as to whether they were interested in the small school division.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 am A D5 school in Muskingum county received an email inquiry from the MSL as to whether they were interested in the small school division.
Interesting, though if it's an MVL school, I honestly don't see them leaving the MVL for the MSL.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Also, an I nteresting idea I thought of for a MSL set-up for the MSL that would move the league to 4 divisions, although it won't happen...

Scioto (New Division):
Canal Winchester*
Hamilton Township
Logan*
Teays Valley
Whitehall-Yearling^
Chillicothe* (probably won't leave FAC)/Zanesville*
Buckeye:
Amanda Clearcreek
Bloom Carroll
Circleville
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union
Logan Elm

Ohio:
Bexley
Buckeye Valley*
Bishop Ready (Football-only)
Columbus Academy
Grandview Heights
Wellington School (No-Football)
Worthington Christian
Cardinal:
Berne Union
Bishop Rosecrans?
Fairfield Christian Academy
Fisher Catholic
Harvest Prep
Grove City Christian
Millersport

Scheduling:
Football: Play your division and 3 opposite division opponents.
Other Sports: Play your division twice and opposite division once.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:25 pm
SEFan wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Logan has never done anything in the post season, so why does it matter. Just play winnable games. I don't understand the logic of play DJ and Desales
I'm talking all sports, not just football.
I think I remember The Lady Chiefs making 2 straight final 4 in basketball and a number of reg. finals and a number of 20 plus win seasons .
They had Katie Smith.... I wouldn't count on this too many more times...

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 am Also, an I nteresting idea I thought of for a MSL set-up for the MSL that would move the league to 4 divisions, although it won't happen...

Scioto (New Division):
Canal Winchester*
Hamilton Township
Logan*
Teays Valley
Whitehall-Yearling^
Chillicothe* (probably won't leave FAC)/Zanesville*
Buckeye:
Amanda Clearcreek
Bloom Carroll
Circleville
Fairfield Union
Liberty Union
Logan Elm

Ohio:
Bexley
Buckeye Valley*
Bishop Ready (Football-only)
Columbus Academy
Grandview Heights
Wellington School (No-Football)
Worthington Christian
Cardinal:
Berne Union
Bishop Rosecrans?
Fairfield Christian Academy
Fisher Catholic
Harvest Prep
Grove City Christian
Millersport

Scheduling:
Football: Play your division and 3 opposite division opponents.
Other Sports: Play your division twice and opposite division once.
Though I'm not sure on the divisions, I don't think this looks crazy. Maybe just play inner division opponents with no cross division play, at least games that count for conference record.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I really hope this can somehow work for Logan. I think though it would take one more school in the D2 D3 range to make it work.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

SEFan wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 am
SEFan wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm talking all sports, not just football.
I think I remember The Lady Chiefs making 2 straight final 4 in basketball and a number of reg. finals and a number of 20 plus win seasons .
They also reached the division one regionals three times AFTER Katie Smith ('93, '94, and '96) twice make the regional finals (93 and 94).

Made the district finals in 2000 and 2015.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 am A D5 school in Muskingum county received an email inquiry from the MSL as to whether they were interested in the small school division.
A West Muskingum addition would break the small school division beyond repair. No thanks.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:28 am
SEFan wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 am
They also reached the division one regionals three times AFTER Katie Smith ('93, '94, and '96) twice make the regional finals (93 and 94).

Made the district finals in 2000 and 2015.
Would have made the final 4 in 93 but lost by 1 point to Picktown . Logan steals the ball with 8 seconds to go for go ahead layup to be called for a travel by a ref that lived in Pick Town area. Go figure!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:28 pm
A West Muskingum addition would break the small school division beyond repair. No thanks.
Didn't say West M was interested. Honestly, Rosecrans is normally better than West M in almost any sport.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Two fronts here...

Logan wants in, but MSL didn't say what division their opening is in. If it's the Ohio, hard to believe it'll be Logan if Bexley and those schools would rather it be Ready and Buckeye Valley. If it's the Buckeye, then maybe but then who gets shipped to make room for the Chieftains.

t1c2 -> I think the league is content on small school, merely exploration for plans B and C. A West M might make a Cardinal school, or two, look elsewhere, two trips in multiple sports to Muskingum County make for a steep travel budget,

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is the year the MSL is suppose to chance the divisions and they are wanting new teams that are Division 2 and 3.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 am This is the year the MSL is suppose to chance the divisions and they are wanting new teams that are Division 2 and 3.
Question is that is it D2-D3 for football or for all other sports?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I don't see why the MSL wouldn't want Logan. Over the last ten years the MSL has competed quite well with Logan in every sport. Logan's turn out for sports is more like a division 3 school.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:50 am I don't see why the MSL wouldn't want Logan. Over the last ten years the MSL has competed quite well with Logan in every sport. Logan's turn out for sports is more like a division 3 school.
It's travel, travel, travel. When you're used to traveling 20-30 minutes for your league games, looking at 30-50 minutes is a pretty big jump by percentage.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Schools need to get over the travel crap. If traveling is the case Logan will never be in a league again. Maybe we need to start a league with Berne Union, Fairfield Union, Fairfield Christian, Fisher Catholic, Lancaster, Vinton Cty and Nelson/York.

Return to “Football”