Conference for Logan

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Conference for Logan

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:58 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 pm For the most part it pretty much sucks. Being a one county school.
My oldest boy had to spend one and a half to two hours on the bus of the morning. Lived 15 minutes from school but to travel and pick other up kids was a bummer for him. Now.. after school he would be home within 20 minutes. A lot of bus riding in the southwest part of the country.
I lived on 664 North and rode the bus about 45 minutes...
Thank goodness for that drivers license lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That 664 north can be a little bad in the winter.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If Nelsonville-York, Trimble and Miller consolidated.........

NY 135 boys, 136 girls
Trimble 95 boys, 86 girls
Miller 82 boys, 74 girls
Consolidated totals: 312 boys, 296 girls. This would be comparable to Athens at 318 boys, 304 girls.

If we are strictly going off of distance to school, NY is only a few miles north of The Plains and Athens High School.......

NY 135 boys, 136 girls
Athens 318 boys, 304 girls
Consolidated totals: 453 boys, 440 girls. This would be slightly closer to Logan at 500 boys, 499 girls.

http://officials.myohsaa.org/Outside/SearchSchool

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If those three would consolidate you but see Atown leave real quick.
They wanted into a league where they could win and at their size they haven't been doing it....So they surely wouldn't stay if consolidation happened.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm If Nelsonville-York, Trimble and Miller consolidated.........

NY 135 boys, 136 girls
Trimble 95 boys, 86 girls
Miller 82 boys, 74 girls
Consolidated totals: 312 boys, 296 girls. This would be comparable to Athens at 318 boys, 304 girls.

If we are strictly going off of distance to school, NY is only a few miles north of The Plains and Athens High School.......

NY 135 boys, 136 girls
Athens 318 boys, 304 girls
Consolidated totals: 453 boys, 440 girls. This would be slightly closer to Logan at 500 boys, 499 girls.

http://officials.myohsaa.org/Outside/SearchSchool
Maybe Trimble and NY could consolidate. Miller would be split between New Lex and Crooksville

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

London of the MSL is gone. Will Logan be invited?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Interesting, Noreply. 8-)

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I think I've heard that before over on the MSL boards.

AT THE RESERVATION
wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 am London of the MSL is gone. Will Logan be invited?

Buckeye Valley is replacing London , i dont think logan will get a invite

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 am London of the MSL is gone. Will Logan be invited?
Probably not.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is the 3rd school leaving after they realigned for the 2013/14 season and they are to do it again soon.
Madison Plains, West Jefferson and London are the three teams that are leaving.

This is the designated year for the MSL to realign and add schools.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Keep in mind that Logan needs to keep scheduling schools in the Columbus metro area to build relationships, become known, show competitiveness ,good accessibility by road and good facilities. They will be an option one day for leagues up North. After spending 8 plus decades in a SEO league with limited exposure in Central Ohio, they are not well known to newer young coaches and athletic depts. Patience. It will work out. Meantime, schedule metro Columbus, win and you'll be popular (computer points) as an attractive addition to a league.

Have gun, will travel
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't think the Columbus schools would ever add Logan simply because of distance. They don't even like the drive to Lancaster for the most part. Plus it doesn't make much sense for a rural school to join an urban/suburban league. I think the best Logan can hope for is some movement in either the MSL, MVL or LCL. The right dominos have to fall first.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

wchreidman wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 am

With the MOAC down to seven schools following the departure of North Union, I could see Buckeye Valley showing interest. The MSL would like to add three schools to get back to 24, but it has to be the right school and an alignment that the members will agree to.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

bman wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 pm
wchreidman wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 am

With the MOAC down to seven schools following the departure of North Union, I could see Buckeye Valley showing interest. The MSL would like to add three schools to get back to 24, but it has to be the right school and an alignment that the members will agree to.
The MSL will drop down to 23. When Madison Plains and West Jefferson left, they added Bishop Rosecrans and Wellington School to bring the Cardinal to 8 schools even with the chance that Rosecrans football may fold. I think Logan's way in is if either Hamilton Township or Liberty Union (preferred IMO) are moved to the MSL-Ohio and Logan is added to the Buckeye. Logan is too big for the Ohio except for maybe Whitehall-Yearling, who's base enrollment figures are B: 392 G: 340.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The MSL currently has 21 members, without London. The two additions to the Cardinal brought it back to eight teams. The Buckeye currently has eight teams and the Ohio will have five following the departure of London.

Buckeye - Amanda-Clearcreek, Bloom-Carroll, Circleville, Fairfield Union, Hamilton Township, Liberty Union (plays football temporarily in Ohio), Logan Elm, Teays Valley
Cardinal - Berne Union, Fisher Catholic, Millersport, Fairfield Christian, Rosecrans, Wellington, Harvest Prep, Grove City Christian
Ohio - Bexley, Columbus Academy, Grandview Heights, Whitehall, Worthington Christian (currently plays football in the Cardinal)
Last edited by bman on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

One or two teams in the MSL play football in one part of the league and all other sports in another.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Alright, that's my bad. Also you have Bishop Ready as a football-only member, and then Wellington School is without football.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 am Alright, that's my bad. Also you have Bishop Ready as a football-only member, and then Wellington School is without football.
How many kids per square acre does the Wellington School have? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

You ought to quit you former job Groundbuck, and become a comedian, your a funny guy, but need to work on some different material. ;)

Return to “Football”