Minford(22) @ (21)Rock Hill

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Re: WK1 Minford @ Rock Hill

Post by Nice Kitty »

Alitown wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:55 pm I wasn't really predicting that. I was giving you a hard time for not liking his predictions. And I'm not from Minford so they are not my boys
U post a lot under Minford Falcons, so they must be your boys.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Im out of town a lot and Minford happens to be the only team I've seen scrimmage. I'm from Valley but have not seen them play and not very many people are posting much info about them. Your boys have had many long bus rides home when they have played MY BOYS from Lucasville. Until Rock Hill gives anyone any reason not to pick am SOC team by at least 14, people are going to continue to pick against them. Yes they beat a very bad Minford team last year, but not very many people believe it will happen again this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rock Hill won one game vs Minford in how many years? All of the other years Minford had a running clock against them in the second half. None were even close. People from Minford were wondering why we still had them on the schedule because they were worth no points after beating them. Granted RH had a solid team last year and Minford was down, RH has lost a lot of talent and Minford appears to be much improved.

Btw, I've seen both scrimmage this year. My score prediction was being nice after watching both teams play.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to Rock Hill.....

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

Word in the trailer park is that Minford may be in trouble in this one. They've struggled to stop the run in previous scrimmages. Long bus ride back to the Mule Town Mini-Mart for the mighty Minford Falcons!

Minford - 16
Rock Hill - 35

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Uncle Creepy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 pm Word in the trailer park is that Minford may be in trouble in this one. They've struggled to stop the run in previous scrimmages. Long bus ride back to the Mule Town Mini-Mart for the mighty Minford Falcons!

Minford - 16
Rock Hill - 35
Down and distance, I dont think Piketon had any yards against Minford.

2014- Minford W 21-6
2013- Minford W 40-6
2012- Minford W 40-0

I look for the Falcons to get back to what history shows Friday night.

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Uncle Creepy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 pm Word in the trailer park is that Minford may be in trouble in this one. They've struggled to stop the run in previous scrimmages. Long bus ride back to the Mule Town Mini-Mart for the mighty Minford Falcons!

Minford - 16
Rock Hill - 35
Creep, it seems you have some insight to the Falcons that many of us don't know! Are you suiting up as a 5th year Senior for the Redmen?? :lol:

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

I live in Minford (at least for this week. My home has wheels). I know these Falcons, and I haven't forgotten being taken to the Woodshed by Rock Hill last year. It will be just like last year when Minford was worn out in the 2nd half. I haven't been impressed with the Falcons since the Brisker days. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, i'll buy everyone in the trailer park a popcycle.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Uncle Creepy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 pm I live in Minford (at least for this week. My home has wheels). I know these Falcons, and I haven't forgotten being taken to the Woodshed by Rock Hill last year. It will be just like last year when Minford was worn out in the 2nd half. I haven't been impressed with the Falcons since the Brisker days. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, i'll buy everyone in the trailer park a popcycle.
I'm hoping that you are wrong and I'll be by to pick up my "popcycle" :lol:
Rock Hill has lost several skilled players this year to transferring out of the school district. I believe that will be the difference in this game...
Minford 26 - Rock Hill 21

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

Everybody likes popcycles in this trailer park. I better stock up on some of them bomb pops cause the rest of the Minford fans sound pretty confident. But can you imagine getting boot stomped by Rock Hill again?? That would be just awful. It could happen.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Uncle Creepy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 pm I live in Minford (at least for this week. My home has wheels). I know these Falcons, and I haven't forgotten being taken to the Woodshed by Rock Hill last year. It will be just like last year when Minford was worn out in the 2nd half. I haven't been impressed with the Falcons since the Brisker days. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, i'll buy everyone in the trailer park a popcycle.
How many SOC's did Fred win? How many playoff appearances in how many years that he coached?

Oh......none and not many.

I would have to say the numbers speak for themselves. Daniels has had more success than Brisker and the only coach that can be compared is Jeff Berry who had a tremendous amount of talent in the mid to late 80's.

Wow. Better get your tenement on wheels moving on down the road.......you're stinking up Muletown.

Uncle Creepy
Waterboy

Post by Uncle Creepy »

I'll be moving out next week, but I'll always be a Falcon fan at heart. Wins, losses, tomato, TOmato,....Brisker wasn't given enough time.

Hoping for a Falcon win, but I'm thinking if they take a soul cleansing woodshed beat down like last year, there won't be a big crowd at Hometown Ice Cream. Everyone in Minford will be home hiding from Southeasternohiopreps. No line for me and my dog at hometown!

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

I think this will be a very close game, Rock hill only lost one to transfer but are returning the base of their running core. They also have had extensive conditioning so they will still be going strong when the final buzzer sounds. They had 8 freshmen starters last year and the new quarterback has a strong accurate arm and is blazing fast. I have watched Minford once as well and they will have the advantage of line size on both sides of the ball. However, I think the Redmen will pull out a W in this one.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:34 pm
How many SOC's did Fred win? How many playoff appearances in how many years that he coached?

I would have to say the numbers speak for themselves. Daniels has had more success than Brisker and the only coach that can be compared is Jeff Berry who had a tremendous amount of talent in the mid to late 80's.

Wow. Better get your tenement on wheels moving on down the road.......you're stinking up Muletown.
Minford has 2 outright titles in 55+ years. Fred has 1 of them. He only coached 4 seasons.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am

Minford has 2 outright titles in 55+ years. Fred has 1 of them. He only coached 4 seasons.
Since you are busy looking up the stats, get back to me with playoff appearances in those years coached.

Thanks in advance ;)

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am

Since you are busy looking up the stats, get back to me with playoff appearances in those years coached.

Thanks in advance ;)
1 in 4 years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Thanks.

25%. I believe (and I can look it up) that Daniels was well over 50%.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Certainly not taking anything away from Fred, because he had much better results than the string of coaching between him and Daniels.

In the SOC over the past however many years, it has been Burg and every one else. Making the playoffs has been the measuring stick aside from the few years another school has won the SOC.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I'm not arguing either over the other.

Your statement was Fred had "None" on the SOC title front. He had one. I don't know the years Brent coached but I believe he only had one as well and thinking he coached several more years than Fred.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Didn't remember Fred winning one. Dementia might be setting in after all these years lol.

Return to “Football”