Waverly 48 Zane Trace 3

smurray
SEOPS HO

Waverly 48 Zane Trace 3

Post by smurray »

Zane Trace defeated Logan Elm 10-6 while Waverly exploded for 50 at Piketon in a 50-6 Tiger victory.
Waverly has weapons all over the field and Sophomore QB Shanks didn’t disappoint in his debut.
What’s the word on Zane Trace?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: Week 2: Zane Trace (1-0) at Waverly (1-0)

Post by Rolltanks »

This game won’t be close

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace beat Logan Elm in a war of attrition. They did not block very well.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

I don't know anything about Logan Elm's offense, but ZT did hold them to 6 points. Waverly's offensive weapons will need to be loaded and ready for the home opener.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think ZT is likely a better team at this point in the season than Piketon (could change once Grooms returns,) but I still Waverly likely wins this one going away.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly will take this one could potentially light up the score board again

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Waverly has at least 5 offensive players who can score on any given play, plus a qb with a decent arm. He was shaky starting out, but once he got comfortable was very accurate. They have alot of speed, and are very athletic.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This one was a high scoring affair last year, with Waverly coming out on top 44-31. What all does Zane Trace bring back this year? Idk if Waverly is better than they were last year at this point, I think it is too early to tell that. They have a lot of young guys he are still growing and learning, but this teams potential is very exciting!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly 42-7

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09 am This one was a high scoring affair last year, with Waverly coming out on top 44-31. What all does Zane Trace bring back this year? Idk if Waverly is better than they were last year at this point, I think it is too early to tell that. They have a lot of young guys he are still growing and learning, but this teams potential is very exciting!
Final score didn't really dictate the overall game as ZT put up scores late against the backups to make it look a lot more respectable. ZT struggled to move the ball constantly in last years game against the #1s, think we'll see that again this year. Waverly 35-6

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09 am This one was a high scoring affair last year, with Waverly coming out on top 44-31. What all does Zane Trace bring back this year? Idk if Waverly is better than they were last year at this point, I think it is too early to tell that. They have a lot of young guys he are still growing and learning, but this teams potential is very exciting!
Final score didn't really dictate the overall game as ZT put up scores late against the backups to make it look a lot more respectable. ZT struggled to move the ball constantly in last years game against the #1s, think we'll see that again this year. Waverly 35-6
Ya, it was like 44-17 late in that game last year.
But, that’s last year - means nothing for this year. What matters is what each team brought back and what kind of work went into the off season and July/August preparation.
I don’t know if Waverly is “better” than they were last year, YET - but I think they have the potential to be.
This one is at Waverly and I think these Tigers have something more than football to play for this Friday....... I look for them to come out on a mission!!!!

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

52-7 Tigers

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly 39-12

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think Waverly has the potential to be one of the best all around teams in Southeastern Ohio. They have a lot of speed and some very skilled athletes. If there defense can play anywhere close to what there offense is capable of,they should have an outstanding year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm I think Waverly has the potential to be one of the best all around teams in Southeastern Ohio. They have a lot of speed and some very skilled athletes. If there defense can play anywhere close to what there offense is capable of,they should have an outstanding year.
I agree, just being cautiously optimistic the Tigers are very, very good. The only question is the run defense....

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

One more day until kickoff, not much chatter going on. I think this one could be a run away quickly, I just don't think ZT will be able to stop the Tigers, much like Piketon. Waverly will be coming into this one with heavy hearts and I'm sure the moments leading up to kickoff will be very emotional for the whole community. But I think once the game gets going, the boys will be focused and ready to get a W for more reasons than one.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I know one thing to keep an eye on in this game is the kicking game, I know Diener had a good game last week against Piketon, and Fetters was the reason Zane Trace was able to win scoring 4 of the 10 last week

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:08 am I know one thing to keep an eye on in this game is the kicking game, I know Diener had a good game last week against Piketon, and Fetters was the reason Zane Trace was able to win scoring 4 of the 10 last week
Dinners 42 yard attempt on the natural grass at Piketon had plenty of distance but was just inches wide to the right. We all thought it was good. I believe he connected on all his PAT attempts. Tigers attempted a couple 2 Pt conversions, working on them for future games I’m sure.
I know Fetters is a very good kicker as well. What was the distance of the FG attempt he missed late in the game? I heard that Logan Elm drove down deep in Pioneer territory after that miss but time ran out on them.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Fetters made one from 35 yards in the first half and then missed a short one at an angle in the fourth quarter. Logan Elm got to the 9 yard line on a pass play on the last drive, but got called back for offensive pass interference. They then went out on downs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly by 27

Return to “Football”