Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

Seen nothing especially extroidinary from Burg in week one. Hartley by at least two scores.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

How does Burg 2018 compare to the 2015 that took Hartley to overtime? Hawks look to be roughly on par with the team from that year. Looking forward to a good, physical game. Nothing but respect for what Coach Woodward has done to bring the program back to its former glory.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

And how is #2? In good shape? Is his hair still taller than the grass at Minford on burg week? lol.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm How does Burg 2018 compare to the 2015 that took Hartley to overtime? Hawks look to be roughly on par with the team from that year. Looking forward to a good, physical game. Nothing but respect for what Coach Woodward has done to bring the program back to its former glory.
They are better than that year. These posters are judging burg on one game that was 28-6 in which they won in total yards, but didn't blow ironton out, so people feel like they aren't as good. Burg is a very good team this year and ironton has improved. If hartley controls the line of scrimmage for most of the game, they win by a couple of scores. If burg holds serve, then burg will win by a couple of scores. If hartley blows the doors off this team, I will be the first to come on here and tell say Burg isn't going to surprise anyone. But I think people will be surprised.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:37 pm And how is #2? In good shape? Is his hair still taller than the grass at Minford on burg week? lol.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 You never disappoint. Yea he’s in good shape. #29 is a head turner too. He plays slot. I look for he and #2 to be lined up on the same side quite often. It’s hard to cover those two In twins.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Atilla the Pun wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:42 pm
Kicker. wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:48 am It's so unheard of to me that a DIII Columbus school scheduling all the way down to DV for an out of conference game, shows where burgs program is too, I'll be rooting them on for this game
West played Hartley several times in the 90’s, Burg played Ready in the regular season as well, not unheard of

To me it is, I knew burg had played a Columbus school last season, regardless I hope the burg can with this game

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm How does Burg 2018 compare to the 2015 that took Hartley to overtime? Hawks look to be roughly on par with the team from that year. Looking forward to a good, physical game. Nothing but respect for what Coach Woodward has done to bring the program back to its former glory.
That’s hard to tell this early. You are talking a week 13 team v. A week 2 team. At this point I don’t think Burg is as physical up front, 15’s line was nasty and had been playing together for 2 years. This year we are starting 4 new guys and rotating others in until they find what they are looking for. Skill position wise this team is leaps and bounds ahead of 15. Defensive I think they are on par as of right now. This should be a good matchup. I think Burg can pull it off. If not, we will go back to the drawing boards.

MountaineerMan2018
Waterboy

Post by MountaineerMan2018 »

I fully respect the scheduling on the part of the Pirates. Like many have said anybody they schedule around the area would most likely be lopsided victories so scheduling this game will not hurt the Pirates by any means. I feel like Burgs line is still coming together and gelling as a unit and feel as if this will be a different team come later in the season. However, right now I believe Hartley takes this one early in the season by a score or two.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:25 pm Seen nothing especially extroidinary from Burg in week one. Hartley by at least two scores.

Me either and they still won 28 to 6 ... Wow I can't even imagine when they hit with all they have ! :roll:

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:38 pm
That’s hard to tell this early. You are talking a week 13 team v. A week 2 team. At this point I don’t think Burg is as physical up front, 15’s line was nasty and had been playing together for 2 years. This year we are starting 4 new guys and rotating others in until they find what they are looking for. Skill position wise this team is leaps and bounds ahead of 15. Defensive I think they are on par as of right now. This should be a good matchup. I think Burg can pull it off. If not, we will go back to the drawing boards.
Well said and I also remember that this same year that they took Hartley to overtime, they lost to Jackson at home 28 to 0 , was the best thing that happened to this time they responded and got even better for a deep playoff run.. This year it is a win win for the Burg win or lose the get much better for playing better competition !

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am taking this one in and I.M.O the only way the Burg wins this, is to go up two scores and force Hartley out of their game.
I have been to that stadium enough to know once they have the lead, they do not let a team back in the game.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I'll take Hartley in this one. They play tough at home. CBH by 24.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Ironton physically took it to Wheelersburg and that surprised a lot of people. They beat up Burg pretty good, and it looks like some key guys either wont play this week against or wont be 100%. I like Irontons new (old) attitude.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

AHM wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:37 pm Ironton physically took it to Wheelersburg and that surprised a lot of people. They beat up Burg pretty good, and it looks like some key guys either wont play this week against or wont be 100%. I like Irontons new (old) attitude.
The only Burg player “injured/beat up” during the game was Mathews and his was a leg cramping issue. The only player beat up was the Ironton QB. He took multiple hits.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:56 pm
AHM wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:37 pm Ironton physically took it to Wheelersburg and that surprised a lot of people. They beat up Burg pretty good, and it looks like some key guys either wont play this week against or wont be 100%. I like Irontons new (old) attitude.
The only Burg player “injured/beat up” during the game was Mathews and his was a leg cramping issue. The only player beat up was the Ironton QB. He took multiple hits.

Ironton lost 28-6 and physically beat Burg up? Hmmm....

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

:lol: nu
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :geek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you sure you were at the Burg / Ironton game? :roll:

Burg grad 85
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:56 pm
If u was there then we watched two different games. Ironton did not beat burg up. I agree with PP63 the only player who was beat up was gage. He took some serious hits all night long

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I love how some of the posts are not giving burg a chance. I recall a lot of people last yr getting on here saying that we don’t have a chance in the state finals. Some went as far as saying we don’t deserve to even be in the finals. We all know how that played out don’t we. So don’t count the burg out on this one. Yes it’s a completely different team but there is still a load of talent on both sides of the ball. With that bein said. No score prediction from the dogg. To quote good ole “JR” Jim Ross this is gonna be a good ole fashion slobber knocker

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Keep underestimating the BURG. Just like everyone did until the State Championship Trophy came up Pirate Drive. Burg by at least 14. Burg has good coaches and they play as a team. I guess until they bring another one up Pirate Drive then will they get respect? Just because you have Bishop in your name doesn't make you a world beater. Hartley has a great tradition and have had some excellent teams. So has the BURG. I guess by Friday night about 10 pm we will know a score and I guarantee you both teams will walk away with knowing they left it on the field.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mathews needs to get more touches out of the backfield. He had one or two runs last week and picked up about 25-30 yards on the one run. He was playing hard until he cramped up. He should be fine for Friday. He probably could have came back in but no need to chance it. Burg had the game in hand by then

Burg will compete in this game and will shock the naysayers on here.

Return to “Football”