Ironton 16 Russell KY 7

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Ironton 16 Russell KY 7

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS GAME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 2 IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS @ RUSSELL, KY. RED DEVILS

Re: Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6
Edit
Report
Quote

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:27 am

I have not read anything since the game last night. so I'm curious if my thoughts are a true reflection of those people's that were able to go to the game. with burg getting a pick 6 on our like 2nd play. and then scoring on their second play from scrimmage. before ironton could blink they were down 14 points. I felt like listening that the fighting tiger defense was in the burg backfield quite often, were forcing some plays to get stopped in the backfield. I feel like we held holden well in check as a stud receiver at 6''6'' that is being heavily recruited at basketball and football. ironton had way too many penalties that aided burg in continuing drives. but that is to be expected by this poster. just judging by the burg posts here on seops, burg was playing their last scrimmage game last night before the real season started. and burg was gonna name their score, have the reserves in the whole second half, and by the 2nd quarter, they were to have a running clock on the young fighting tigers. I expected some penalties from the tigers because of posts like these, and the young men being too jacked for this game to finally get here, 1st game under a new coach, playing the defending state champs. knowing they'd have to have their best effort. that shows me fire and aggression, and willingness to be ready to rock. it was only 21-0 heading into the locker room when ironton got their lone td right before the whistle. ironton had another shot at a score when a drive got stopped on the 1. had ironton somehow scored there and somehow got a 2 point conversion, you'd be talking about a 1 score defecit. then burg drove it 99 yards and got their final td. and the game ended at 28-6 burg. carrico had right at 100 yards rushing for the tigers, granted we were held in check a lot offensively, the defense I think played a great game. nobody would have thought we'd have had a 100 yard rusher in my opinion. and there was no running clock or reserves in at the half. coach Pendleton and his staff showed me a lot. down 14 to 0, early in the 1st qrt. inside their own 30 they went for it on 4th n 1. and converted. so you knew the fighting tigers were there to play big boy ball. and went for it on a fake punt that was nearly converted for a 1st. so they were not in awe of anyone, they were playing to win. nobody on that team or staff is into moral victories, but in many ways it was. they stood toe to toe with the defending state champs and never gave up. that shows me several things. the coaches are serious, will take chances, have a pretty solid defense, and should be able to have a successful run game this year. we missed a lot of tackles. and our oline has to give our qb more time to operate. but they won't be playing burg every week either. so I feel this went about how I thought it would go. I thought ironton would lose a reasonably close game, and they did. nothing to hang your head about playing the defending state champions in my opinion, but a loss non the less. --------------------- so with that said. I'm confident coach Pendleton will remind them Monday through Thursday that you have to pay hard for a loss. get them coached up and ready to travel to Russell, ky. and get ready to play the red devils. a coaches best work is generally done between week 1 and week 2. especially if week 1 was a loss. this poster here is proud of the effort by the players, and the determination of the staff. and I see this year going much different for the fighting tigers, and the new staff. hold your heads high tigers and fans. this was a statement that these guys are serious. ----------------- and congratulations to the burg pirates. I think the seies is like 17-13 in favor of the fighting tigers as we speak. we have a rivalry back guys. and this series should be hotly contested now for the forseeable future. I'd love to see these 2 teams meet back up in week 14. but good luck to wheelersbug going forward, and good luck to them next week. YTB

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I believe Russell, ky. plays greenup county, ky tonight.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Saw both play burg. Should be a easy win for Tigers

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:34 pm Saw both play burg. Should be a easy win for Tigers
Agreed.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Not often you hear this but I was so impressed with Ironton last night. They lost but they played lights out. The coach has worked those kids very hard and it’s showing. Defense hits hard and fast. Qb is really good and running back was impressive. The young coach brought some new conditioning and the way he was taught to the team. He hasn’t been graduated from Michigan state very long. I love the buzz around Ironton, the people. From what I saw the first game they look like the could go 7-3, 8-2. I think they beat Russell.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well Greenup County defeated Russell 41-21 on Saturday Night. I don't know much about Russell so I'm going to say Ironton picks up their first win of the season over the Red Devils.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yeah, I just saw that too val. here's hoping for the fighting tiger's 1st win of the season.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ironton wins big!

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Great game last night, everything stacked against us, defending state champs at there place with a lot back, our tigers new linemen, coach and we are young, first half to many mistakes and these young tigers didn't roll over and quit. Way to go Tigers: GOOD LUCK TIGERS!

DickieNeal
Waterboy

Post by DickieNeal »

Go Tigers!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironton gets to 1-1 with a convincing win against Russel

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I believe the pendelton era gets its first win against russell

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Keep up the hard work, practice like you play and play like you practice. Russell got beat by a much improved Greenup County Team.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

work hard fighting tigers and grow from the burg game and focus on the devils of Russell.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Ironton needs to clean up their passing game. I am not sure at this stage of the season that we are little lost on what defenses the other team is in. Good luck this week and keep up the hard work Ironton. Hope there are no injuries for both teams.

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

Ironton was impressive week one. That is a tough, motivated group.

That being said, this week and next will serve as a much more realistic measurement of exactly what this team is capable of. Handle business vs Russell and Fairland away and go into the home debut vs Ashland with only the Burg loss on their record and we could be looking at a team poised to make a run at their conference title. Lose either one or both of the next two and it is unlikely we are looking at a playoff caliber team.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

Will be surprised if Ironton doesn't win by 28

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 pm Ironton was impressive week one. That is a tough, motivated group.

That being said, this week and next will serve as a much more realistic measurement of exactly what this team is capable of. Handle business vs Russell and Fairland away and go into the home debut vs Ashland with only the Burg loss on their record and we could be looking at a team poised to make a run at their conference title. Lose either one or both of the next two and it is unlikely we are looking at a playoff caliber team.

Boy, it didn’t take long for you to change your tune. Was you that impressed with what Pendleton and staff did with the Tigers in 3 months? I tried to tell you guys the Tigers are on their way back to the top of the food chain. It won’t be long. Loaded the next few years. Weren’t you the guy that was saying Ironton could never be good again cause this and that. Talk about jumping to the other side of the fence.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This should be the first of many wins for the Pendleton regiment.

Tigers 42
Red Devils 7

Return to “Football”