Indications Point To The Elimination Of The High School Football Kickoff

Post by theusbc@yahoo.com »

Indications Point To The Elimination Of The High School Football Kickoff
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018 ... ll-kickoff

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Indications Point To The Elimination Of The High School Football Kickoff

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Just another way to make our world a little more vanilla. Pansies!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This is probably a good idea most teams just squib kick anyways and it would speed the game up a lot

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

That article puts it exactly how I think, what if you're down a score and you just scored you can't tried to get the ball back so you've just conceded the game. a good kicker can be a game changer

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:42 pm That article puts it exactly how I think, what if you're down a score and you just scored you can't tried to get the ball back so you've just conceded the game. a good kicker can be a game changer
100% agree.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:05 pm Just another way to make our world a little more vanilla. Pansies!!
Between the youth, high school and even post-grad levels, it has largely been acknowledged that the kickoff is “the most dangerous play in football” for about 5-10 years now.

I mean, if you don’t think the kickoff is particularly dangerous — sure. But, do you think the crackback block (which has since seen rules implemented to effectively limit its utilization, eg the box rule) is any safer?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:36 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:05 pm Just another way to make our world a little more vanilla. Pansies!!
Between the youth, high school and even post-grad levels, it has largely been acknowledged that the kickoff is “the most dangerous play in football” for about 5-10 years now.

I mean, if you don’t think the kickoff is particularly dangerous — sure. But, do you think the crackback block (which has since seen rules implemented to effectively limit its utilization, eg the box rule) is any safer?
I agree with the coaches' opinions from the article that with the implementation of the "block rule", it has made kickoffs safer.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

special teams make or break a game......eliminating them would take a major phase of the game out

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Here is an idea...Move the ball up 10 yards...Put the players front foot on the 50yrd line to keep players from getting a running start.....most teams will be able to kick it through the end zone...or you will see an increase in onside kicks...this way helps by not eliminating special teams play which decides a lot of high school football games.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

I understand you don’t want to take away the onside kic. Especially late n game. So why not start with no kickoffs in 1st half. Get the ball on 30 yard line? after a score. Then give team option in 2nd half to kick or give opponent ball on 30. Not perfect but maybe a compromise

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Then lets just put flags on their hips and call it a day?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Sounds good to me while we are at it let’s just get rid of all kickers! A kicker should never decide a mans game!

Make the goal smaller and throw it through. This is America not europe remember that.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

There are risks with everything you do in life...i understand making things safer is important, and it should be but come on....Flag football is what we are leaning towards. Adjustments can be made to make it safer but taking special teams out of the game is just going too far.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

I agree with posts on here that Special Teams make or break games. Eliminating special teams takes a phase out of the game. Yes, it may only be 20-25 plays per game but takes out a whole phase of the game. Also takes away an advantage for coaching staffs and teams that spend time on and perfect what they want to do with special teams.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am Here is an idea...Move the ball up 10 yards...Put the players front foot on the 50yrd line to keep players from getting a running start.....most teams will be able to kick it through the end zone...or you will see an increase in onside kicks...this way helps by not eliminating special teams play which decides a lot of high school football games.
I like that idea. We can’t get rid of special teams. A good kicker is one of the most important players on the team. There’s a big difference starting at the 20 and mid field. All good teams can kick it to the 5 or the end zone

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Football would never be the same if the kick off was eliminated sometimes a kick that goes inside the 5 is better than touchback if you have a fast hands team to get the tackle at round say the 15

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Would just take away possible scholarship from kids.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Do they kick off in Junior High games?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 am Then lets just put flags on their hips and call it a day?
That's what It'll be eventually I guess. :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”