WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Re: Wk 1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (sat Aug 26)

Post by Ttomcat99 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:49 pm
Ttomcat99 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:45 am

Hopefully Athens. I would say Ohio University but I think August is supposed to be a dead period for NCAA now. Saw on Yappi about UC not doing week 1 games with the big Cincinnati high schools. Idk how true
Cant do Ohio University anymore. The goal post regulations changed a few years back thats why there hasnt been any high school games there in a while
Athens played there in 2010 and 2014 at Ohio state. 2015 Akron Hoban played Akron SVSM at Akron university
Thats just what i was told the other day when i mentioned about playing at OU

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You won't make any money at OU

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I heard the NY vs. Trimble game will be played at Athens High School.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Why not just play it at Nelsonville and switch next years game to Trimble? Hopefully they will have the situation resloved by then!!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Stone Cold wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 am Why not just play it at Nelsonville and switch next years game to Trimble? Hopefully they will have the situation resloved by then!!!
I heard that Hocking College has Boston Field reserved the day of the game.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 am
Stone Cold wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 am Why not just play it at Nelsonville and switch next years game to Trimble? Hopefully they will have the situation resloved by then!!!
Maybe play it on a Friday? Beats giving up gate and concessions to another school i would think. Im sure it will get handled!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Stone Cold wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:22 am
Maybe play it on a Friday? Beats giving up gate and concessions to another school i would think. Im sure it will get handled!
I'm not so big on flipping the games. We have our schedule balence with 5 home games and 5 away games and I'd like it to stay that way personally.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Hocking plays AT Hiram College on the 26th

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Folks, due to all the conjecture and rumors floating around and being posted I'm going to post this one last time. We are making plans to allow us to play all of our games at Glouster Stadium. If that changes I will post an update. Until then, that is our plan.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Post by mattash »

Going to be a great game.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Phill wants to bring in those little bleaches for next Saturday's game.. that place has no room as it is. No way there's room . Trimble will lose money if this happens for the NY game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ArmChairQB wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:56 pm Phill wants to bring in those little bleaches for next Saturday's game.. that place has no room as it is. No way there's room . Trimble will lose money if this happens for the NY game.
They will lose money and get beat lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Personally, I wouldn't feel safe to have family members in attendance at a stadium that has been condemned.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

By all means if you do not feel safe please do not attend. This means a lot to the boys to play at there own home field. If played at the stadium the only thing condemned is the stadium itself not the field or the track or the endzones or around the field. There is plenty of room for the bleachers on either side so it's your choice. They will have security monitoring the condemned areas to make sure no adult or children play in or around the area taped off. Again if you feel unsafe please stay home we would not want anyone to feel uncomfortable in this situation.

TOMCAT PRIDE !!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Just play it at Ohio University and everyone is happy

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

Personally I would like to see it played at Athens with hopes that it would draw a huge crowd and the money made at the gate, raffles, etc , could go toward the solution of the current stadiums issues..

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I believe this game will probably have a very large crowd. Much larger than any other game Trimble plays this season. It's a big rivalry and it's on Saturday night when no other Athens County team is playing. It has potential to draw maybe 3000 people? I can't imagine bringing in little bleachers are going to hold that many people. I also don't know if little bleachers will be high enough to see over the players on the sidelines.. Or are they putting them in the endzones? That seems like an even worse idea. I think if Athens High School is open, the game needs to be played there. It would be a huge crowd. They'll have to turn people away if it's held in Glouster.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but what if an administraton of one of the schools that play at Trimble do no want to sent their children or coaches over to play at the stadium. I know most their home games are conference games, but parents these days are worried about lawsuits and everything like that. You could have parents of an opponent go to their respective school board and ask that their children not travel to the stadium. What happens then?
I love seeing the fight and effort of trying to play at your place, but I'm just posing a question that may or may not happen, hoping that the powers that be at Trimble thought of these senarios.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Athens is not a good deal.They want 90% of the gate,can not use locker rooms,have to pay security,have to pay for clean up,their not even sure we can sell food they want at least the big building or maybe both.We would go in the hole to play their.Came from good source no BS.

:roll: cats :roll:
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:15 pm Athens is not a good deal.They want 90% of the gate,can not use locker rooms,have to pay security,have to pay for clean up,their not even sure we can sell food they want at least the big building or maybe both.We would go in the hole to play their.Came from good source no BS.
Jesus! 90%?
Last I heard it was at cost.
That's insane!
Folks will remeber that.
I can see them wanting to recoup expenses for the utilities but they are trying to rob you guys now....

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”