WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Wk 1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (sat Aug 26)

Post by Orange and Brown »

Attack wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:21 pm Here is what was posted on Facebook by the superintendent:

Glouster Stadium Update:

We have had an engineer do a site inspection, as required before any structural work can be done to it, and are having him come back to do a more thorough inspection on it. In the meantime he has recommended that we not use the stadium for any purpose until he can complete his testing. Therefore, we are exploring options to allow us to have home games no matter what the results of the tests are. We are also looking at other options. If you have questions please contact our district office at (740) 767-4444.
I hope yall can get it all worked out soon.
You guys are in a rough place this close to football season.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

So are they going to move the game? Seems late to do stadium work

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

WE WORK AS A COMMUNITY TO RESOLVE ISSUES. TOMCAT PRIDE. THE ALUMNI WILL STEP UP AS WELL AS THE COMMUNITY TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE SURE THESE BOYS PLAY ON THERE HOME TURF.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:39 pm WE WORK AS A COMMUNITY TO RESOLVE ISSUES. TOMCAT PRIDE. THE ALUMNI WILL STEP UP AS WELL AS THE COMMUNITY TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE SURE THESE BOYS PLAY ON THERE HOME TURF.
Are they just going to resurface the concrete? That shouldn't take long

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:39 pm WE WORK AS A COMMUNITY TO RESOLVE ISSUES. TOMCAT PRIDE. THE ALUMNI WILL STEP UP AS WELL AS THE COMMUNITY TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE SURE THESE BOYS PLAY ON THERE HOME TURF.
I'm sure something will get worked out.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

3 More weeks!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Well,well,well....... it's officially that time of year! So with that being said..... Go Buckeyes! I will not make a prediction on this game yet.... still too many factors in my mind to decide if we're gonna win by 28 or 35!...😂😂😂😂😂

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

19 DAYS!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Any stadium updates?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:38 pm Any stadium updates?
According to some posts I've seen on Facebook it's going to take a whole bunch of money to raise and replace the current structure.
I don't see that happening in less than 3 weeks so I wonder what the Tomcats are going do do.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:36 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:38 pm Any stadium updates?
According to some posts I've seen on Facebook it's going to take a whole bunch of money to raise and replace the current structure.
I don't see that happening in less than 3 weeks so I wonder what the Tomcats are going do do.
I heard it will be played at Athens if they can't play in Glouster

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Trimble by 3

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I would hope that if the stadium is not usable this year that Nelsonville-York would let them play their home games at Boston Field minus week 1. I like the thought of a neutral site if GMS is not usable. I'm also impressed with both Alex and Fed Hock doing a raffle to raise money to help out Trimble. I hope that the rest of the county schools can help out also.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

I think it would be cool to play the game on the field at Chauncy Dover.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

indianabuck wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 pm I would hope that if the stadium is not usable this year that Nelsonville-York would let them play their home games at Boston Field minus week 1. I like the thought of a neutral site if GMS is not usable. I'm also impressed with both Alex and Fed Hock doing a raffle to raise money to help out Trimble. I hope that the rest of the county schools can help out also.
Athens is suppose to be the counties top gun have them pay up. LOL

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It will be hard for Trimble to raise the money needed for a new stadium without corporate sponsorship. That will be difficult to find since Trimble doesn't have any industry within its school district. It will take an outside corporate sponsor to make this happen. I have no doubt that residents and alumni of Trimble will donate, but you still need corporate sponsorship to make a new or renovated stadium happen.

GIven that the stadium has been in poor condition for years, I've always wondered why Trimble hasn't already been fundraising for this day to happen? Even with the lack of a corporate sponsor, Trimble could have had a base of money in place already by holding fundraisers. If Trimble has a few events similar to NY's Buckeye Bash, that should bring in some funding to be matching contribution money to the money a corporate sponsor will give. Combine that with donations from residents and alumni and you have what you need. If Trimble would have had it's own "Buckeye Bash" every year for the past decade, think how much they could have had banked for this inevitable moment in time.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They could always do a 'mega cow plop'

$100 square

;)

Hitman
Freshman Team

Post by Hitman »

This is a 2 score game, N Y

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 am It will be hard for Trimble to raise the money needed for a new stadium without corporate sponsorship. That will be difficult to find since Trimble doesn't have any industry within its school district. It will take an outside corporate sponsor to make this happen. I have no doubt that residents and alumni of Trimble will donate, but you still need corporate sponsorship to make a new or renovated stadium happen.

GIven that the stadium has been in poor condition for years, I've always wondered why Trimble hasn't already been fundraising for this day to happen? Even with the lack of a corporate sponsor, Trimble could have had a base of money in place already by holding fundraisers. If Trimble has a few events similar to NY's Buckeye Bash, that should bring in some funding to be matching contribution money to the money a corporate sponsor will give. Combine that with donations from residents and alumni and you have what you need. If Trimble would have had it's own "Buckeye Bash" every year for the past decade, think how much they could have had banked for this inevitable moment in time.
I think your going to be surprised at the amount of money we will get.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:49 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 am It will be hard for Trimble to raise the money needed for a new stadium without corporate sponsorship. That will be difficult to find since Trimble doesn't have any industry within its school district. It will take an outside corporate sponsor to make this happen. I have no doubt that residents and alumni of Trimble will donate, but you still need corporate sponsorship to make a new or renovated stadium happen.

I think your going to be surprised at the amount of money we will get.
People should keep their money until they have a plan. The $20 donations won't amount to much.

Return to “Football”