WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hope it works out. You also have scoreboard operator, PA announcer, a few others who were usually in the press box, two radio stations, news paper ... gonna be intresting how it all is handled

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I've talked to three people tonight that said they weren't going to the game now. I'm sure Trimble doesn't care and it's ultimately their decision, but it seems like pride got in the way of the best decision. It will be miserable watching this game. Unless you get the top two rows on the little league bleachers, you won't be able to see. Trimble gonna be losing a lot of gate money bc of this. Looks like I'll need to find another Saturday game to attend now.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

8 more days..........
GO BUCKS GO!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

It's funny listening to outsiders complain. They did what the PLAYERS wanted to do and the PLAYERS wanted to play their home games at home.

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If Trimble wants to play the game at home, that is fine with me. But I know I would never let my family members go into a condemned stadium. I don't even know how that is legal.

If Trimble needs to raise money for a new stadium, I would think reaching a decision that will minimize attendance at its biggest home gate for the next two years is not the wisest decision to make.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 am If Trimble wants to play the game at home, that is fine with me. But I know I would never let my family members go into a condemned stadium. I don't even know how that is legal.

If Trimble needs to raise money for a new stadium, I would think reaching a decision that will minimize attendance at its biggest home gate for the next two years is not the wisest decision to make.

They aren't using the stands. Those will remain fenced off. That's why they are moving the scoreboard and putting temporary bleachers in.
The only issue I have is that I'm not sure anyone will be able to see using those tiny baseball bleachers.

The game will be played, Trimble will start 0-1, and the Bucks will move on to week 2 1-0! :mrgreen:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Im sure the Athens kids wanted to play at home in 2010, but circumstances dictated otherwise. I agree with 96, I think they could moved just this week one game to maximize profits to be used for a sollution for the season. Had they promoted it to the county as a fundraising event - with a football game - it could have generated so much money.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:01 am Im sure the Athens kids wanted to play at home in 2010, but circumstances dictated otherwise. I agree with 96, I think they could moved just this week one game to maximize profits to be used for a sollution for the season. Had they promoted it to the county as a fundraising event - with a football game - it could have generated so much money.
+1
Four or five of us go to this game every year but we are not going to this one. I know the powers that be at Trimble could care less if Joe Public is there or not and that is fine. It's their home game, they can do what they want.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:01 am Im sure the Athens kids wanted to play at home in 2010, but circumstances dictated otherwise. I agree with 96, I think they could moved just this week one game to maximize profits to be used for a sollution for the season. Had they promoted it to the county as a fundraising event - with a football game - it could have generated so much money.
A tornado tearing everything up and a set of stands being deemed unsafe to use are 2 completely different things. Also those saying "condemned" it is not technically condemned. There was a public forum last night, all you complaining could've went and got answers and had a better understanding of everything

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Im not complaining. They could play in a cow pasture for all I care. I go to watch the football & stand anyways. I just think there was a great opportunity to be seized.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

This game will be a good game for sure. Again by all means if you do not want to come to this facility that's your right. I can tell you that place will still be a packed house with or without you. The meeting was televised last night and I urge everyone who has channel 15 to watch it and listen to what everyone had to say. This community will work together to make sure the first football game will be set up and right on schedule with the scoreboard being put up today and the bleachers moved in next week. We all look forward to the new beginning of brand new stadium seating and a new field for 2018.

Tomcat Pride

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The 50/50 at tonights Athens/jamboree game is going to be donated to trimble stadium project.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 pm The 50/50 at tonights Athens/jamboree game is going to be donated to trimble stadium project.
Awesome!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

AGREE 100 %

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm This game will be a good game for sure. Again by all means if you do not want to come to this facility that's your right. I can tell you that place will still be a packed house with or without you. The meeting was televised last night and I urge everyone who has channel 15 to watch it and listen to what everyone had to say. This community will work together to make sure the first football game will be set up and right on schedule with the scoreboard being put up today and the bleachers moved in next week. We all look forward to the new beginning of brand new stadium seating and a new field for 2018.

Tomcat Pride
My biggest question is what are they going to do with flooding? Are they going to raise the entire field

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

No question it will be packed and I understand the pride the boys have playing on that field..I agree with 93 though. Could have been a much larger gate somewhere else.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm This game will be a good game for sure. Again by all means if you do not want to come to this facility that's your right. I can tell you that place will still be a packed house with or without you. The meeting was televised last night and I urge everyone who has channel 15 to watch it and listen to what everyone had to say. This community will work together to make sure the first football game will be set up and right on schedule with the scoreboard being put up today and the bleachers moved in next week. We all look forward to the new beginning of brand new stadium seating and a new field for 2018.

Tomcat Pride
My biggest question is what are they going to do with flooding? Are they going to raise the entire field
They are redoing the field, crowning it and installing a state of the art drainage system. The actual field itself doesn't flood near as much as the rest of park, it just has awful drainage

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm Lot of rumors & bs being thrown around that's for sure.

Would like to the messenger publish an article with facts.
Like I said ...

https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... 28dac.html

Athens hosted Trimble in an annual ‘Jamboree’ scrimmage on Friday night. Prior to the start, Athens’ ‘Bulldog Blitz’ presented Trimble head coach Phil Faires with a check for $2,000 for the TFIC. It was the latest sign of support in a three-week span full of them, Faires said. Athens was one of several schools that offered the use of their facility if Trimble was unable to host their own games this fall. Faires said the offers and donations are needed, and appreciated. But nothing could beat the chance to host games on the Tomcats’ home field. “We really appreciate that,” Faires said of the donation. “The Trimble community thanks them. “It’s nice. We have a good relationship with Athens. They’ve offered their field, and it would be nice to play on this full time,” he continued. “But we like our dirt too.”

Athens gave Trimble the split the pot money last night, which was over $800 after the winner donated the winnings.
Athens gave them a $2,000 check last night also.
And the Trimble folks are coming over today to pick up some bleachers Athens is lending them as well.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

https://youtu.be/HrFZ64fX4vM

NY week 1 hype film.

Return to “Football”