WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Post by Raider6309 »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm This game will be a good game for sure. Again by all means if you do not want to come to this facility that's your right. I can tell you that place will still be a packed house with or without you. The meeting was televised last night and I urge everyone who has channel 15 to watch it and listen to what everyone had to say. This community will work together to make sure the first football game will be set up and right on schedule with the scoreboard being put up today and the bleachers moved in next week. We all look forward to the new beginning of brand new stadium seating and a new field for 2018.

Tomcat Pride
My biggest question is what are they going to do with flooding? Are they going to raise the entire field

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

No question it will be packed and I understand the pride the boys have playing on that field..I agree with 93 though. Could have been a much larger gate somewhere else.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm This game will be a good game for sure. Again by all means if you do not want to come to this facility that's your right. I can tell you that place will still be a packed house with or without you. The meeting was televised last night and I urge everyone who has channel 15 to watch it and listen to what everyone had to say. This community will work together to make sure the first football game will be set up and right on schedule with the scoreboard being put up today and the bleachers moved in next week. We all look forward to the new beginning of brand new stadium seating and a new field for 2018.

Tomcat Pride
My biggest question is what are they going to do with flooding? Are they going to raise the entire field
They are redoing the field, crowning it and installing a state of the art drainage system. The actual field itself doesn't flood near as much as the rest of park, it just has awful drainage

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm Lot of rumors & bs being thrown around that's for sure.

Would like to the messenger publish an article with facts.
Like I said ...

https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... 28dac.html

Athens hosted Trimble in an annual ‘Jamboree’ scrimmage on Friday night. Prior to the start, Athens’ ‘Bulldog Blitz’ presented Trimble head coach Phil Faires with a check for $2,000 for the TFIC. It was the latest sign of support in a three-week span full of them, Faires said. Athens was one of several schools that offered the use of their facility if Trimble was unable to host their own games this fall. Faires said the offers and donations are needed, and appreciated. But nothing could beat the chance to host games on the Tomcats’ home field. “We really appreciate that,” Faires said of the donation. “The Trimble community thanks them. “It’s nice. We have a good relationship with Athens. They’ve offered their field, and it would be nice to play on this full time,” he continued. “But we like our dirt too.”

Athens gave Trimble the split the pot money last night, which was over $800 after the winner donated the winnings.
Athens gave them a $2,000 check last night also.
And the Trimble folks are coming over today to pick up some bleachers Athens is lending them as well.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

https://youtu.be/HrFZ64fX4vM

NY week 1 hype film.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

5 DAYS!
GO BUCKS GO!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

WOO HOO!

"Do what you do, and do it well"
Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Heard the kitty cats lost their QB to an injury and another kid to grades.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Omaha wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm Heard the kitty cats lost their QB to an injury and another kid to grades.
It won't matter. The wee cats will suffer a beat down near the shitCrick regardless of who plays for them. The only chance they have to avoid this is if they get smart all a sudden and switch the game to to Riggs Field :lol: . Then the kitty kat asz whippin will take place there. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Paint on the wall
Waterboy

Post by Paint on the wall »

Let's go Buckeyes!
I predict
Bucks 45
Kittens 13

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

The Trimble back up QB was very impressive against Athens. And we gained another fullback and a kicker... two transfer students.....so don't count your chickens before there hatched. I wouldn't worry about Trimble. We are not in your league, you need to worry about Athens they are huge with about 80 some players and two receivers that are very quick and gone.... This game could go either way. Nelsonville lost some good key players last year so you also have some very young players to step up. I personally just want an injury free football game and whoever wins takes home the First National Bank Trophy... GO CATS

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

tomcat82 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm The Trimble back up QB was very impressive against Athens. And we gained another fullback and a kicker... two transfer students.....so don't count your chickens before there hatched. I wouldn't worry about Trimble. We are not in your league, you need to worry about Athens they are huge with about 80 some players and two receivers that are very quick and gone.... This game could go either way. Nelsonville lost some good key players last year so you also have some very young players to step up. I personally just want an injury free football game and whoever wins takes home the First National Bank Trophy... GO CATS
Do your transfers have to sit any games?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Cats will put up a battle in this one. Go Cats

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

NY will not be as good as last year.
Trimble is down this year.
NY may finish 6-4 .
Trimble will probably go 7-3.
NY gets one of it's 2 blowout wins this week and again week 9.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

tomcat82 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm The Trimble back up QB was very impressive against Athens. And we gained another fullback and a kicker... two transfer students.....so don't count your chickens before there hatched. I wouldn't worry about Trimble. We are not in your league, you need to worry about Athens they are huge with about 80 some players and two receivers that are very quick and gone.... This game could go either way. Nelsonville lost some good key players last year so you also have some very young players to step up. I personally just want an injury free football game and whoever wins takes home the First National Bank Trophy... GO CATS
We will worry about Athens week 10.
Kids and coaches are focused on week 1. Saturday night Coach Richards will focus on week 2, and so on.
1 week at a time.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Wow! Can't believe it's almost saterday

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

3 More Days!
GO BUCKS GO!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The cannon will roar as the beat down proceeds. Rusty will love smacking Uncle Phil in the face again. And he'll especially enjoy out witting Yogi. He loves showing the Gambler that his gamble on the coaching change was a huge loss. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Everyone can get a preview of the future tomorrow as NY and Trimble jr high play each other

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

really

Return to “Football”