Piketon(13) @ (28)Waverly

Sports-nut
JV Team

Re: WK1 Piketon @ Waverly

Post by Sports-nut »

Pretty sure the Redstreaks game plan is long time consuming drives to keep the Tigers offense off the field. The Tiger defense needs to step up and keep the ball in Howell and companies hands.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Waverly easy.

Laser

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly falls short against Portsmouth last night. They also appear to have lost a key component in Brooker. Any word on Piketons game against East? Curious as to who will start at quarterback for the Streaks. I hear they have a couple of options.

A little early, but at this point it looks like we may get some nice weather for the game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Losing Brooker will hurt the defense for sure.
Waverly had the offense to beat most teams on their schedule, defense is the question.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tickets are on sale at the school. Don't stand in line at the gate.

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

Does anyone actually have a diagnosis on Brooker? I know it looked like a knee injury but does anyone know if he tore anything or was it a hyperextension or dislocation. Not trying to break HIPPA or FERPA rules just wondering how the young man is doing.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

tiger2000 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm Does anyone actually have a diagnosis on Brooker? I know it looked like a knee injury but does anyone know if he tore anything or was it a hyperextension or dislocation. Not trying to break HIPPA or FERPA rules just wondering how the young man is doing.
I've heard he's out, Scheduled for surgery on Friday. Wasn't give any specifics, just know knee injury and surgery coming up. Big loss for the Tigers. He was a starting DB on D and back up running back to give Kritzy a spell. He will definitely be missed.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OldTiger wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:23 pm
tiger2000 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm Does anyone actually have a diagnosis on Brooker? I know it looked like a knee injury but does anyone know if he tore anything or was it a hyperextension or dislocation. Not trying to break HIPPA or FERPA rules just wondering how the young man is doing.
I've heard he's out, Scheduled for surgery on Friday. Wasn't give any specifics, just know knee injury and surgery coming up. Big loss for the Tigers. He was a starting DB on D and back up running back to give Kritzy a spell. He will definitely be missed.
Ya, a huge blow to the Tigers before they even start.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

If you buy your ticket early you can get in to the stadium at 5:00. Ticket sales at the gate begin at 5:45 and the line could get long.

Brooker will be missed that's for certain. Everyone I spoke with was excited to see this kid perform. Wishing the best for him. Curious to see what adjustments the staff comes up with in his absence. They're pretty creative in what they do.

Can't wait for Piketon to come to town. Love how both communities get behind their team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am If you buy your ticket early you can get in to the stadium at 5:00. Ticket sales at the gate begin at 5:45 and the line could get long.

Brooker will be missed that's for certain. Everyone I spoke with was excited to see this kid perform. Wishing the best for him. Curious to see what adjustments the staff comes up with in his absence. They're pretty creative in what they do.

Can't wait for Piketon to come to town. Love how both communities get behind their team.
Two more practices and a walk through Thursday. This one could be a dandy!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:07 pm
toast wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am If you buy your ticket early you can get in to the stadium at 5:00. Ticket sales at the gate begin at 5:45 and the line could get long.

Two more practices and a walk through Thursday. This one could be a dandy!
And we're getting football type weather. May dip into the 40's Friday night! :shock:

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

Brooker is a big blow for the Waverly "D", I hate to hear that he was injured severe enough to require surgery. I was hoping it looked worse than what it was. Sad to see a kid get hurt anytime, but more so in a scrimmage.

Looks lke great weather. I have sunshine with a high of 76 and low of 51. Looks lise sunset is at 8:13 pm.

As for football. I think Waverly's offense is just too much. Piketon will score but they can't outscore the Tigers

Piketon 21
Waverly 40

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

tiger2000 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:55 pm Brooker is a big blow for the Waverly "D", I hate to hear that he was injured severe enough to require surgery. I was hoping it looked worse than what it was. Sad to see a kid get hurt anytime, but more so in a scrimmage.

Looks lke great weather. I have sunshine with a high of 76 and low of 51. Looks lise sunset is at 8:13 pm.

As for football. I think Waverly's offense is just too much. Piketon will score but they can't outscore the Tigers

Piketon 21
Waverly 40
Hope you're right tiger2000 - GO TIGERS!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Does anyone know who will be taking Brooker's place? Did he play any offense at all?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:27 am Does anyone know who will be taking Brooker's place? Did he play any offense at all?
I have not heard anything this week as to who will fill his shoes on D.
He was the backup tailback, coming in for Kritzy. A little different style back as well.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Thanks smurray.

The Tigers have to have a "next man up" mentality if they want to pick up where they left off last season. It is very unfortunate to see a kid be out for the entire season due to injury. Hopefully a few kids can step up and try to fill his shoes. I know the coaching staff will have these kids prepared come Friday night.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

I expect that this game will live up to the cross town rivalry that it is every year!
Good luck to both teams.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Does anyone know who Piketon will be starting at QB? Last I heard was that they were still undecided, but that I'm sure has changed by now.

CoachB-dad
Waterboy

Post by CoachB-dad »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:27 pm Does anyone know who Piketon will be starting at QB? Last I heard was that they were still undecided, but that I'm sure has changed by now.
I believe Connor Galloway will be QB

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Game Day is here! Looks like it is going to be a gorgeous night for some Friday Night Football!
I'm hoping for a competitive and injury free game for both sides. I know both teams are have been waiting for this night to come all summer. I'm sure Piketon will come out wanting some revenge after last years shutout, so I hope the Tigers do not take them lightly, as anything can happen in this rivalry game.

Also, I went by Raidiger Field last night and really liked the new sign and all the decorations that were outside the stadium. It looked really great! I know the Waverly community is really excited for this season and I'm sure they will be in full force tonight! Tons of credit and props to the coaching staff and the boys for all their hard work they have been putting in to give the Tiger faithful something to be excited about again. I don't remember this much anticipation for a season since the 06-07 era.

Return to “Football”