Piketon(13) @ (28)Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly vs Piketon

Post by smurray »

Waverly looked really good at the 7 on 7 Friday. I know we can't rely on 7 on 7's but the Tigers have some special skill players.
Looking forward to checking them out, especially the lines, the first scrimmage against Miami Trace.

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

You have time and date for that scrimmage?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

First scrimmage is against Miami Trace two weeks before week one. I don't have the time.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Two a days start next Monday. Scrimmage August 12 @ 10am against Miami Trace at Waverly.

tiger2000
Waterboy

Post by tiger2000 »

Thanks smurray

pktnred
Waterboy

Post by pktnred »

I look for this to be a upset. I see a bigger,stronger and faster Piketon team heading north for this game. I see the look in these kids eyes like I have never seen before. This year they are seeking to prove that last year was not a Joke (that is to all the SVC people who always say Piketon will go 5 and 5) They have a lot to prove after getting butt punched at ZT last year. They have filled the gaps left by the 2 kids that graduated last year Gabe and Veach. I think they are going to make a lot of people change their thinking once the season starts. Ladies and Gentlemen watch out for the lighting, and get ready for the BOOM! The STREAKS are coming to a town near you!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Who does Piketon scrimmage?

pktnred
Waterboy

Post by pktnred »

Minford and EAST

LetsGo88
Waterboy

Post by LetsGo88 »

I think Waverly's offense won't miss a beat if the line, Drew K, and Clayton stays healthy. Defense will be a question mark. One returning linebacker (who is playing a new position) can be challenging. Also replacing 7 starters on defense will be a challenge (nose, DE, corner, 4 linebackers)

That being said, I like the tigers in this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LetsGo88 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:03 am I think Waverly's offense won't miss a beat if the line, Drew K, and Clayton stays healthy. Defense will be a question mark. One returning linebacker (who is playing a new position) can be challenging. Also replacing 7 starters on defense will be a challenge (nose, DE, corner, 4 linebackers)

That being said, I like the tigers in this one.
I agree, the offense should be very explosive if they remain healthy.
Tigers lost a very very good LB and a very very good CB (two of the best in the area last year). Thompson will anchor the LB core and hope we have a couple others who will step up. Losing Cade Marquez at the corner was huge but the Tigers seemed to have reloaded at the DB positions.
While we lost a good DE in Gilbert we return one of the best in area in Gage Savely. Looking for Gage to have a monster year.
I think the biggest area of concern and question is the Linebacking core. It will take "the next man up" mentality.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

How did Piketon look in their scrimmage yesterday? Was that against Minford or East?

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

After seeing Piketon last night at Minford and Waverly thins morning with Miami Trace...

Waverly, by a lot .

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK1 Piketon @ Waverly

Post by mattash »

Good rival game

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

HighLightReel wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:10 pm After seeing Piketon last night at Minford and Waverly thins morning with Miami Trace...

Waverly, by a lot .

Ditto. Waverly names the score unless it's a turnover fest.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

After seeing the scrimmages I think Waverly has too much speed and playmakers for the Streaks in this one. Piketon has very nice line play on both sides of the ball. If they are able to grind out some drives and chew some clock, they may be able to pull off the win.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Pretty sure the Redstreaks game plan is long time consuming drives to keep the Tigers offense off the field. The Tiger defense needs to step up and keep the ball in Howell and companies hands.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Waverly easy.

Laser

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly falls short against Portsmouth last night. They also appear to have lost a key component in Brooker. Any word on Piketons game against East? Curious as to who will start at quarterback for the Streaks. I hear they have a couple of options.

A little early, but at this point it looks like we may get some nice weather for the game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Losing Brooker will hurt the defense for sure.
Waverly had the offense to beat most teams on their schedule, defense is the question.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tickets are on sale at the school. Don't stand in line at the gate.

Return to “Football”