2018 East Tartans Football Outlook

EagleFan89
JV Team

Re: 2018 East Tartans Football Outlook

Post by EagleFan89 »

Sciotoville Community 2018 Football
8/24 A Waterford
8/31 H Chillicothe Huntington
9/7 H KIPP Columbus club (no computer points)
9/14 A Franklin Furnace Green
9/21 A Manchester
9/28 H McDermott Northwest
10/5 A Beaver Eastern
10/12 H Oak Hill
10/19 H Willow Wood Symmes Valley
10/26 A Portsmouth Notre Dame

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’m honestly surprised Millersport and East don’t try to swap their week three opponents. Would make more sense for Adena to play East and for KIPP to play Millersport.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Not a fan picking up a club team, would have much rather seen Adena or try to schedule someone out of state.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

What is a HS club team? I’m not sports amateur but have never heard of such a thing. Specifically during nomalnHs season.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:01 pm What is a HS club team? I’m not sports amateur but have never heard of such a thing. Specifically during nomalnHs season.

From what I've read and heard it is not funded by the school and by that not apart of the ohsaa, at least that's what i think it is i could be wrong

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Your probably right but that begins to open a can of worms for OHSAA. I’m surprised they allow OHSAA team to schedule an in state opponent like that. Thanks for the update.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 pm Your probably right but that begins to open a can of worms for OHSAA. I’m surprised they allow OHSAA team to schedule an in state opponent like that. Thanks for the update.

Not a problem, but i think they see it as when teams play other schools from other states forinstance playing a ky school or wv school

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

It is not the same as playing out-of-state. You get computer points for out-of-state teams.

The "Club" teams are not exclusive to a specific school. They take kids from their area that want to play. For that reason, OHSAA will not let those games from counting in computer points. Most do this because they need to to fill a roster.

Club teams can be classified in a few groups:

Sometimes a "club teams" is actually directly associated with an OHSAA member school, like Middletown Christian. They chose to go the "club" route so they could allow kids from the church that do not attend the school play on the team. If their school grows a bit, they'd likely switch back to OHSAA status and stop accepting the non-students.

Another "club" team, Landmark Christian, is the result of the OHSAA school closing but the football team continuing. Basically a church-run program now.

Another church based program: Columbus Crusaders

A sports training academy based program: Reigning Thunder

There are now several football "club" programs being run by outsiders who are hoping to get their local school district (and OHSAA member) to take over the program once they prove it's sustainability: West Union, North Adams, Peebles, Winchester Eastern (football called SOuthern Buckeye club).

You can have a non-OHSAA school based team and count in the computer points: Toledo Horizon Science, Hudson Western Reserve Academy. Basically they only allow kids from their school to play, so OHSAA allows the points.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

EagleFan89 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:28 am It is not the same as playing out-of-state. You get computer points for out-of-state teams.

The "Club" teams are not exclusive to a specific school. They take kids from their area that want to play. For that reason, OHSAA will not let those games from counting in computer points. Most do this because they need to to fill a roster.

Club teams can be classified in a few groups:

Sometimes a "club teams" is actually directly associated with an OHSAA member school, like Middletown Christian. They chose to go the "club" route so they could allow kids from the church that do not attend the school play on the team. If their school grows a bit, they'd likely switch back to OHSAA status and stop accepting the non-students.

Another "club" team, Landmark Christian, is the result of the OHSAA school closing but the football team continuing. Basically a church-run program now.

Another church based program: Columbus Crusaders

A sports training academy based program: Reigning Thunder

There are now several football "club" programs being run by outsiders who are hoping to get their local school district (and OHSAA member) to take over the program once they prove it's sustainability: West Union, North Adams, Peebles, Winchester Eastern (football called SOuthern Buckeye club).

You can have a non-OHSAA school based team and count in the computer points: Toledo Horizon Science, Hudson Western Reserve Academy. Basically they only allow kids from their school to play, so OHSAA allows the points.

Did not know that's how it was broken down, very well said also thank you

High school bum
Waterboy

Post by High school bum »

They have a few guys coming back but they return probably the best athlete in the Soc 1 Kyle Flannery is in my opinion the best player in the conference they have chandler carver returning too both are studs but after that the talent falls off those two have to do a very thing for them Flannery will need 40 carries a game and carver will need 10-15 tackles a game .... I could see .500 just because the conference is so weak. ....but with 4 kids transferring out and 7 kids graduating the talent is very bare

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Who transfered out other than Gifford? They also return Haney who played big last year

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Who will be on Coach Miller's staff?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I believe Gifford got out while the getting was good honestly. Think East starts slipping downward and it starts with this year.

High school bum
Waterboy

Post by High school bum »

I heard Haney went to Notre dame and Mackie Kingery went to green. And nobody has been announced about millers staff

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

How are things looking in Tartan Territory this early?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

East could potentially be 6-3, possibly 7-2. The three games hinge on how they do against Waterford, Oak Hill, and Eastern/Symmes.

InReality
Riding the Bench

Post by InReality »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 am East could potentially be 6-3, possibly 7-2. The three games hinge on how they do against Waterford, Oak Hill, and Eastern/Symmes.
And In reality, how do you think they’ll do in those games?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

InReality wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 am East could potentially be 6-3, possibly 7-2. The three games hinge on how they do against Waterford, Oak Hill, and Eastern/Symmes.
East is replacing a lot of talent, not to mention their head coach. To really even put a number on what they're going to do is very tough. On those 4 games just going off losing the talent and where the other teams are headed East needs to hope for a split and I really see them going 1-3, 0-4 against those teams.

InReality
Riding the Bench

Post by InReality »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 pm
InReality wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm
East is replacing a lot of talent, not to mention their head coach. To really even put a number on what they're going to do is very tough. On those 4 games just going off losing the talent and where the other teams are headed East needs to hope for a split and I really see them going 1-3, 0-4 against those teams.
Well in reality Eastern/Symmes are definitely winnable. Oak Hill gonna be hard. Waterford, harder because it is the first game of the year and at Waterford. But I wish the Tartans good luck!!!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I can see them at best, 2-2. 3-1 might be stretching it. I can see them beating Eastern and Symmes Valley. I agree with the week one against Waterford. Sciotoville always seems to play Oak Hill tough at Ballard Park. I think Oak Hill wins by a score or two, maybe more if they control the LOS like they did last year. Sciotoville falls off a bit, but not as much as people may think. They'll play hard and put pads on people. That's for sure.

Return to “Football”