91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Jerry Snodgrass named OHSAA Commissioner

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Jerry Snodgrass named OHSAA Commissioner

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Congratulations Jerry, have spoke with Mr. Snodgrass on multiple occasions and he is a very good fit for this position.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Lets see what changes he makes before thinking this is a good move.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:16 pm Lets see what changes he makes before thinking this is a good move.
He is not gonna lower ticket prices if that's what you're thinking. Haha

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Was not thinking that, but that for your input.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:17 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:16 pm Lets see what changes he makes before thinking this is a good move.
Nor will he lower the cost of the program. Outside of giving away freebies, I doubt someone will be happy

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Nice to see the grumpy under loved little miss chum in.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:05 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Nor will he lower the cost of the program. Outside of giving away freebies, I doubt someone will be happy
:lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Maybe the way playoffs are hosted?
Bring back Sat playoff games?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I've heard from many people, as well as read many comments online, that approve of this decision. I don't doubt Jerry Snodgrass would do an excellent job, as he is well-qualified to be the new commissioner of the OHSAA. However, at the same time I can't help but think this is an example of, to quote The Who, "meet the new boss - same as the old boss."

Are those that are in great support of this decision expecting anything to necessarily change with regards to OHSAA operation, decision-making and policy reform with the appointment of Snodgrass to the new commish job? Not to be a 'negative Nancy', but I'm led to believe that a lot of what people may be expecting out of Commissioner Snodgrass could be unrealistic due to some inextricable forces that underlie the current state of high school athletics and how the OHSAA chooses to police such. Example: if one were to expect that with this transition of power, that there would come a separation of public and private schools - why? I understand that it is an ideal to many, and something that many would like to see, but I don't think this has even been seriously discussed - let alone brought to a vote. Maybe I'm completely wrong on that, as well as being incorrect on the general premise behind my post, but I'm led to believe that the OHSAA is driven less by ideals and instead inspired by bottom-line driven motives. Thus, how can we expect anything significant to change between both the OHSAA and its governance (and administration of a post-season tournament) of high school athletics in Ohio - all because the commissioner position has changed hands?

Perhaps this is (partially) what LCF was trying to get at in his post. Of course, it is fun to break his balls (ya still my buddy, LCF - hope to see you in Lancaster on a Saturday evening, here or there), but I think he was offering something worth discussing.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

A legitimate concern. He was hired by Ross and worked for him for years now. Maybe he has influenced some changes over the years. Is there one fundamental philosophy difference that will cause a shift in some policy of the OHSAA? We shall see.

An issue as big as Separation, though, probably has too many interested parties for one man to push that through.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EagleFan89 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:27 am A legitimate concern. He was hired by Ross and worked for him for years now. Maybe he has influenced some changes over the years. Is there one fundamental philosophy difference that will cause a shift in some policy of the OHSAA? We shall see.

An issue as big as Separation, though, probably has too many interested parties for one man to push that through.
True! I was just using it as an example, although it may not have been the most apt example, of whether some people may just have unrealistic expectations with the change in leadership. I bet if you poll 100 individuals that want to see something monumental like separation happening, a majority of them are going to say that OHSAA leadership is standing in the way of it actually happening (even though that is most likely not the case as to why it hasn't happened yet, at all.)

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree bring back Saturday playoff games.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

What do you think will happen?

I say an increase in playoff tickets and state final tickets.
I would not be shocked to see the finals stay in the Northeast.
The southeastern part of the state will continue to get screwed come seeding time.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:49 pm What do you think will happen?

The southeastern part of the state will continue to get screwed come seeding time.
The problem is the dumbest people live in Northeast Ohio and whine loud. The finals should always be in Columbus

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

lol good stuff

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:49 pm What do you think will happen?

Screwed come seeding time??? Really? The Harbin system is a mathematical formula, do they give bonus points if you are in the Northeast?

As for separation of public v private, that is a membership decision and so far the membership has not wanted that. Only internet warriors.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Seeding does not refer to football.
I should have explain that but figure 99.9% of those who post on here would have known that.

Return to “Football”