2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Minford

Post by FalconFever02 »

If him and his daddy don't want to sacrifice individual desires for the betterment of the team, then don't play! I also heard he skipped on playing a few years because he wasn't going to start, how do you think that resonates with the rest of the team.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

I heard from several football players that Kelleys's parents pulled Ruby out of the weight room during Spring weights his sophomore year and told Ruby that the only way they would let their son play is if he promised Kelley the QB spot. Ruby told them there were two seniors competing, but he would give him the same opportunity. His parents did not like that answer, so they wouldn't let him play. A similar situation happened his freshman year while Daniels was still coaching.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

falcon117 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm I heard from several football players that Kelleys's parents pulled Ruby out of the weight room during Spring weights his sophomore year and told Ruby that the only way they would let their son play is if he promised Kelley the QB spot. Ruby told them there were two seniors competing, but he would give him the same opportunity. His parents did not like that answer, so they wouldn't let him play. A similar situation happened his freshman year while Daniels was still coaching.
I heard he gave Ruby the same ultimatum for this year and last, I guess will find out what’s more important the team or a pleasing a parent.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Is this the same Kelleys that owned Kelley’s Carpets in Portsmouth?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:00 pm
falcon117 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm I heard from several football players that Kelleys's parents pulled Ruby out of the weight room during Spring weights his sophomore year and told Ruby that the only way they would let their son play is if he promised Kelley the QB spot. Ruby told them there were two seniors competing, but he would give him the same opportunity. His parents did not like that answer, so they wouldn't let him play. A similar situation happened his freshman year while Daniels was still coaching.
I heard he gave Ruby the same ultimatum for this year and last, I guess will find out what’s more important the team or a pleasing a parent.
It looks like Ruby already answered that last year. So get ready for more of the same ole same ole.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

No ! Not the same people.
Welcome Home Jared McCray !

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

The addition of McCray will help I think. But if parents are running the teams, then like Bleeding Red said, more of the same....

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:00 pm
It looks like Ruby already answered that last year. So get ready for more of the same ole same ole.
The saddest part of all that is, the players see it and so do the other coaches. He has a staff around him that want to to turn this program around and most of them now have been apart of this program when it was at its best.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

This season will provide a true representation of the direction of the program under Ruby. I for one, am predicting based on the simple principle of player development and time in a system, that we see positive strides. As I said before, I hope McCray can influence more fresh bodies and rotation on the offensive and defensive lines, as I feel fatigued factored in in a few games last season.

mglight88
SE

Re: 2018 Minford Falcons Football Outlook

Post by mglight88 »

The season is upon us, so excited!

TheNest20
Waterboy

Post by TheNest20 »

Seems like McCormick isn’t coming out this year from what I’ve heard

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

I heard he wasn’t either, also heard he quit post because he didn’t want to play on the junior team.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:01 am I heard he wasn’t either, also heard he quit post because he didn’t want to play on the junior team.
Yeah I heard he wasnt playing football because he didnt want to move from the QB position and wasnt going to start. Awesome attitude :roll:

Sounds like they are better off without him if they are going to grow as a team.

I have no sympathy for people who quit anything or dont want to do whatever it takes to be an asset to their team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

They'll be better off without him if that's his attitude, you don't want someone like that in the locker room infecting other players especially the younger more impressionable ones. Coaches don't want players like that there either so now they can prepare for the 2018 season with the guys that want to be there.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm They'll be better off without him if that's his attitude, you don't want someone like that in the locker room infecting other players especially the younger more impressionable ones. Coaches don't want players like that there either so now they can prepare for the 2018 season with the guys that want to be there.
Wait a minute. Someone pointed out that last years QBs dad, now a senior, went to the coach and said he won’t play unless it’s at the QB position, which is what happened. To me I can understand the Mccormick kid not wanting to play when he knows he can’t even compete for a position that most on here feels he can.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:01 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm They'll be better off without him if that's his attitude, you don't want someone like that in the locker room infecting other players especially the younger more impressionable ones. Coaches don't want players like that there either so now they can prepare for the 2018 season with the guys that want to be there.
Wait a minute. Someone pointed out that last years QBs dad, now a senior, went to the coach and said he won’t play unless it’s at the QB position, which is what happened. To me I can understand the Mccormick kid not wanting to play when he knows he can’t even compete for a position that most on here feels he can.
Well let's look at it from a few directions here then and understand we all don't know the situation. If the coach is being pushed into a corner to start someone that shouldn't be based on the fact that kid won't play as a coach do you---A)play the kid because he won't play if he's not playing Quarterback or---B)Tell the dad and boy good bye, because you have another boy you KNOW can play the position and according to the experts on here can play it just as well if not better?? Now if you have an athlete that is good enough to compete and start at QB then you have an athlete that's talented enough to help your team in other areas. I hope for the McCormick's boys sake he spoke with the coach and got his clarity and didn't just go off rumors and here-say, if he can help the team the coach is going to get the kid on the field. If he's choosing to walk away because he doesn't get his shot at QB then essentially he's doing the same thing as the other boy's dad done. As a coach you have to get ahold of the situation, NOONE dictates how you run your program and if you set a precedent that shows you can be buffaloed then this won't be the 1st or last time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's move on folks. I don't like how this conversation is going.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm
Well let's look at it from a few directions here then and understand we all don't know the situation. If the coach is being pushed into a corner to start someone that shouldn't be based on the fact that kid won't play as a coach do you---A)play the kid because he won't play if he's not playing Quarterback or---B)Tell the dad and boy good bye, because you have another boy you KNOW can play the position and according to the experts on here can play it just as well if not better?? Now if you have an athlete that is good enough to compete and start at QB then you have an athlete that's talented enough to help your team in other areas. I hope for the McCormick's boys sake he spoke with the coach and got his clarity and didn't just go off rumors and here-say, if he can help the team the coach is going to get the kid on the field. If he's choosing to walk away because he doesn't get his shot at QB then essentially he's doing the same thing as the other boy's dad done. As a coach you have to get ahold of the situation, NOONE dictates how you run your program and if you set a precedent that shows you can be buffaloed then this won't be the 1st or last time.
Both are great kids and good athletes I just think parents got into their heads on this one and both are good enough to start at other positions on the field and I hope if it comes to it they come out and play to win games because they can contribute highly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Both are great kids and good athletes I just think parents got into their heads on this one and both are good enough to start at other positions on the field and I hope if it comes to it they come out and play to win games because they can contribute highly.
Exactly.....curious how are Minford's numbers looking this year??

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

I heard good things; the lift-a-thon fundraiser was surprisingly good we have gotten a lot stronger from last year which was a must. Numbers have been good i heard, I’d say around 40-to-50 with some on vacation and baseball I’m sure.
The players have said the coaches are pushing them harder than before this offseason which was really nice to hear.

Return to “Football”