Post by theusbc@yahoo.com »

Another Day, Another School Leaves An Athletic Conference
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018 ... conference

Right in your backyard

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Another Day, Another School Leaves An Athletic Conference

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

No big surprises here. The MVL has talked about expansion for awhile now. The additions make sense. River View used to be in the MVL so it has a history with the member schools. Meadowbrook and Coshocton are great additions. The MVL splitting into two divisions will benefit the smaller schools like Crooksville.

Meanwhile, the ECOL made the same mistakes the SEOAL made and is likely headed for the same fate.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.daily-jeff.com/sports/201804 ... l-and-ovac

Interesting article from the Daily Jefferson. The MVL told Meadowbrook that if they did not accept the offer, the MVL would make the offer to another ECOL school (presumably Cambridge).

I bet Cambridge is upset they won't get that invite now.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Big School / Small School Breakdown (if it comes down to true enrollment numbers):

Big School Division:
River View
Tri-Valley
John Glenn
Sheridan
Maysville
Philo

Small School Division
Meadowbrook
Coshocton
New Lexington
Crooksville
West Muskingum
Morgan

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Already knew this was happening.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

This just makes everything official.

The ECOL is really in trouble...with the other reports that Dover and New Philly are looking north; and Zanesville looking to the west.

I see it as an opportunity for the PVC to expand and go to two divisions. Invite Marietta, Warren and Cambridge, then find other schools to round out to 10 or 12. Based on geography, they would probably have to look into Belmont County to get there.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:34 am http://www.daily-jeff.com/sports/201804 ... l-and-ovac

Interesting article from the Daily Jefferson. The MVL told Meadowbrook that if they did not accept the offer, the MVL would make the offer to another ECOL school (presumably Cambridge).

I bet Cambridge is upset they won't get that invite now.
I can assure you that Cambridge fans are not upset, Administration yes, but not fans. Obviously we would have adapted if it did happen but most are happy with the ECOL and still think it can continue to be a successful conference. What we don't understand is why they would take RV back.

Yes, this will now lead to PVC discussions again.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This will also make it easier for MVL teams to schedule nonconference games since they won't have so many conference games to play. I would love to see NY start playing some of these schools once in awhile.

Fun Fact..........NY has played Crooksville more times than any other school that has never been in the same conference as NY.

NY vs. Morgan has never happened, despite Morgan County bordering Athens County. A big part of Nelsonville's history is the Civil War era Morgan Raid.........what better way to commensurate that historic event than by playing the Morgan Raiders?

NY has never played New Lexington during the regular season (though they have a long history of scrimmaging each other). That would be a logical one to schedule as well.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 pm This will also make it easier for MVL teams to schedule nonconference games since they won't have so many conference games to play. I would love to see NY start playing some of these schools once in awhile.

Fun Fact..........NY has played Crooksville more times than any other school that has never been in the same conference as NY.

NY vs. Morgan has never happened, despite Morgan County bordering Athens County. A big part of Nelsonville's history is the Civil War era Morgan Raid.........what better way to commensurate that historic event than by playing the Morgan Raiders?

NY has never played New Lexington during the regular season (though they have a long history of scrimmaging each other). That would be a logical one to schedule as well.
I'm hoping we get New Lex on the schedule in a few years. I think the gate for that game would be pretty darn good.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will make a point of seeing Meadowbrook play,at some of the MVL stadiums.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Coshocton, Riverview, Meadowbrook, and Cambridge were asked in the fall if they had interest in being part of a 12 team MVL. They were told pretty early in the process that not all 4 would get in. At some point, the member schools decided that Cambridge was the odd team out. It was not a situation of Meadowbrook or Cambridge. If Coshocton, Riverview, or Meadowbrook said no, Cambridge would be asked. It just so happened that Coshocton and RiverView got it Board approved before Meadowbrook.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

PVC

Large School
Cambridge
Warren
Marietta
Fort Frye
Barnesville

Small School
Waterford
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Monroe Central
Frontier

Fort would struggle in my opinion though

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

It just doesn't work. Having a bunch of D6 and D7 schools in the current PVC means it would be crazy to start adding D2 and D3 schools even if you tried to do divisions. Just not enough teams to make it work.

I think Meadowbrook was stupid to admit it looked into other possibilities before taking the MVL offer. It was smart to do so, but not smart to tell people. Not a good way to start into a new league.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 am PVC

Large School
Cambridge
Warren
Marietta
Fort Frye
Barnesville

Small School
Waterford
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Monroe Central
Frontier

I'm not sure that Waterford would come back to the PVC. Fort Frye needs to be in the small school division. Bringing in Barnesville and/or River makes sense for the small school division. I would look at a St. Clairsville, Union Local, or similar sized schools for the big school division.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Large School
Cambridge
Warren
Marietta
Fort Frye
Barnesville

Small School
Waterford
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Monroe Central
Frontier

I think any split division arrangement would have to leave the current 5 PVC members in one division and then you'd be hard pressed to find 5 like sized schools who geographically make sense. Even if you added Warren, Marietta and Cambridge, who else are you adding? Barnesville isn't big enough to group with them. St. Clairsville and Union Local would fit nicely but no chance of them leaving the Buckeye 8. A few years ago on here there was talk of Cambridge, Warren, Marietta along with Meadowbrook and Morgan but obviously that's not an option. I think the PVC should look to add Bridgeport, Shadyside, River and Barnesville. Possibly let Fort look to move toward TVC membership

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Large School
Cambridge
Warren
Marietta
Fort Frye
Barnesville

Small School
Waterford
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Monroe Central
Frontier

I think any split division arrangement would have to leave the current 5 PVC members in one division and then you'd be hard pressed to find 5 like sized schools who geographically make sense. Even if you added Warren, Marietta and Cambridge, who else are you adding? Barnesville isn't big enough to group with them. St. Clairsville and Union Local would fit nicely but no chance of them leaving the Buckeye 8. A few years ago on here there was talk of Cambridge, Warren, Marietta along with Meadowbrook and Morgan but obviously that's not an option. I think the PVC should look to add Bridgeport, Shadyside, River and Barnesville. Possibly let Fort look to move toward TVC membership

Probably best for everyone

Return to “Football”