Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Re: Wk1 8/25 (Sat) Trimble at Nelsonville-York

Post by ttomcat 80 »

He sure did.You could see it on the cable replay after the game .Nothing but respect to him

:roll: cats :roll:
Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

Thought it was real classy of NY taking Trimble's score off the board for a few seconds at the end.Also not having the trophy on the field after the game.As far as the on side kick being bs,remember going for 2 with less then a minute to go last year.Trimble just wanted to let them know they didn't forget.They did the respectful thing by running and taking a knee not trying to score.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Cats had a good game plan and stuck with it until things started clicking for them.
The Buckeyes biggest problem was that no one would step up and be a leader on that field.
Alot of the things the Bucks did wrong are coachable, but you can't coach leadership. One of these young men has to step up and lead this team.

My hats off to the tomcats. I hope you guys go 10-0 and make a run at the region. Good luck the rest of the season!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

Nice comment O&B new you had a good side lol.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Lakers23 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:01 am Nice comment O&B new you had a good side lol.
:lol: :lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Wilburn is a CLASS ACT. You could see it all night.

Dman
Waterboy

Post by Dman »

Watched the Tomcats dominate last night. The Bucks sure could have used speedsters from last year. QB constantly over threw his recievers who were open but could'nt get to the ball. Good Luck to both teams.
Great win for the Cats.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Wow. I figured Trimble would be good this season with what they had coming back, but to dominate like that was impressive. They played with more effort as a team and simply wanted it more IMO. I was disappointed in the bucks offense. They were rotating QB’s and couldn’t get into a rhythm. I would have liked to see them get into the I formation and give wilburn the rock behind that big #70.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Can we acknowledge the penalty situation? Good lord it seemed like one of the most 1-side officiated games I’ve seen in a long time. I’d say cats had close to 10 for 130+yards? Bucks with 1 for 5 yards... LOL

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:49 am Can we acknowledge the penalty situation? Good lord it seemed like one of the most 1-side officiated games I’ve seen in a long time. I’d say cats had close to 10 for 130+yards? Bucks with 1 for 5 yards... LOL
We use an assigner so we get who we get. We can't choose who comes in and does a game.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Doesn’t change the fact that it was god awful and completely one-sided. Rather have the NY crew with Hootie lol

seohiosports
Waterboy

Post by seohiosports »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:49 am Can we acknowledge the penalty situation? Good lord it seemed like one of the most 1-side officiated games I’ve seen in a long time. I’d say cats had close to 10 for 130+yards? Bucks with 1 for 5 yards... LOL
Yes. Let’s acknowledge it, but let’s acknowledge it with better “facts” than you’re using. The Tomcats were called for 9 penalties for 85 yards. The majority of those yards came from personal fouls including a cheap late hit, a chop block, tackling using the facemask and a block in the back behind the play. Don’t blame the refs for these calls - blame the refs for other personal fouls they didn’t call. You are corect though - “130+yards” would have been more accurate.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Didn’t say those were bad calls? You honestly think nelsonville had 0 such penalties? I’m sure there were plenty- - - NONE called. That’s what I mean by 1-sided lol.

Bernie Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Bernie Kosar »

Only thing a saw different than from the scrimmages for NY was the special teams and pass defense were better. Yes I know not everything is shown in scrimmages but you can see the passing is non existent. QB had plenty of time to throw, he had less pressure than Trimble QB.Rush defense is poor, no outside containment. Just like the scrimmages.

seohiosports
Waterboy

Post by seohiosports »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:17 pm Didn’t say those were bad calls? You honestly think nelsonville had 0 such penalties? I’m sure there were plenty- - - NONE called. That’s what I mean by 1-sided lol.
No, they had ONE penalty for 5 yards. Using the context of your words though, you are incinuating that because one team has a certain amount of penalties or penalty yardage, the other has to have a close to equal amount or the refereeing must have been unfair. Tell us something - if a boxer hits his opponent repeatedly with low blows for the first part of the bout and gets pointed for the infraction, does it make sense that the referee takes away points from the other boxer later in the bout to ‘even it out’? Afterall, the boxer now holding his groin HAD to have done something wrong. Right??

Get over the referee blame-game. Let the kids enjoy the well-deserved win. Then, actually RE-watch the game. You’ll see that the refs didn’t miss much (if anything) on the NY side. You’ll see that your ‘acknowledgment’ of the refereeing is as ridiculous as the ‘lol’ within your last sentence.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Pass interference? 2 late hits out of bounds? Kick to the helmet after the play? That’s just the obvious ones that I noticed. Yes, I’m sure if I watched the game I’ll notice even more. Cats go forward 10, back 15, then forward 30 just to score a couple times. Just shows how dominant the cats really were last night. They also looked pretty well prepared considering the coaches are ‘nothing without rusty’ and ‘peewee coaches’ lol. <—— lol.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah the refs were pretty bad

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well after watching the game a few times I think ny has a good team they just run into a better team it happens
Goodluck to both teams I'm sure we will see both on week 11

seohiosports
Waterboy

Post by seohiosports »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 pm Pass interference? 2 late hits out of bounds? Kick to the helmet after the play? That’s just the obvious ones that I noticed. Yes, I’m sure if I watched the game I’ll notice even more. Cats go forward 10, back 15, then forward 30 just to score a couple times. Just shows how dominant the cats really were last night. They also looked pretty well prepared considering the coaches are ‘nothing without rusty’ and ‘peewee coaches’ lol. <—— lol.
Yep - for sure, you need to watch it again - and slow-mo the pass interference no-call. No foul = no call. The point is, you can’t blame the refs for earned calls and can’t blame them for no calls if the foul WASN’T made.

It sounds like the ole’ we-woulda-done-even-better-if-the-ref-didn’t-screw-us-over ruse is being ‘acknowledged’ by you now so you can somehow prove that the deck was stacked against the Tomcats using the refs - which again, is ridiculous.

Dude - try using your conspiracy theory on a loss (which at some point, I’m sure you will again - as I’m sure you’ve also used in the past), it might make you more believable. This was a game that didn’t need you regurgitating the-refs-were-against-us gripe. The Cats WERE the better team. And Trimble’s coaches DID have a great game plan. Don’t negate that by whining about the refs calling fouls that were earned and not trying to find something to call on the other team just to equal it out.

My hope is that the Cats go all the way this year. But, for them, I also hope that you can drop the whole we-were-screwed routine. It’s imaginary and classless.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

I was simply pointing the fact out how well Trimble played, especially considering the blatant blown/missed calls. Just making it clear that it could have been a 50 point game.

Return to “Football”