Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by fbnut »

knightruner wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 pm The MAC still has two teams Anna and Versailles in DIV V and you can bet you will have to play one of them. I don't think the Burg will make it that far..like last year.
When's the last time either one of those teams made any noise in the playoffs?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

trust me it's still just as tough to win.since ya'll r pulling out some thingies, it's ole bait's turn.

ironton has twice as many state championships as the burg,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO HE DIT -- UNT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 am trust me it's still just as tough to win.since ya'll r pulling out some thingies, it's ole bait's turn.

ironton has twice as many state championships as the burg,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH NO HE DIT -- UNT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YTB time to hitch a ride on that time machine back to present day.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

What's the overall record in the series? Should be getting close. Ironton fans don't seem to post it as much as they used to.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I went through joe eitel's site maybe last year tek. and if memory serves me correct ironton still leads the series by maybe 4/5. but I don't rightly remember the exact number. yeah, burg fans don't mention ironton having 2 state titles to their 1 very often either. ---------------------------------------------- all jokin aside it's painfully obvious that the pirates have been riding the fighting tigers roughshod. I sure hope that stops this year. this series will or at least should get back to being excited and very competitive again. hard to even keep a good conversation about this game anymore. because it has been such a blowout lately.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 pm What's the over/under on Tigers with cramps....start with 5
I remember that game and I do believe the Burg lost that one.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Game day wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 am
rxburgfan wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 pm What's the over/under on Tigers with cramps....start with 5
I remember that game and I do believe the Burg lost that one.
what game are u talkin about?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton in a barn burner.........

Ironton 27
Burg 24

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Some people are talking about Burg being a state contender this year. I believe Coldwater dropped to D6, so that gives them a big advantage.

There havent been many close, competitive Burg/Ironton games in the past 5 years. Gotta think Burg takes Ironton behind the woodshed again.

I dont see many teams besides Heath and Bishop Watterson giving Burg a close game. Jackson may do it, but that match up hasnt been very competitive recently either.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Noitall wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:27 pm Bug wins this big,then rolls and wins the state,cuzz you all do know coldwater is outta the way :mrgreen: :lol:
Congrats to bug your 2017-18 state champs :ugeek:
At least this year I'm not gonna have to worst prediction of the season. I was getting used to winning that trophy. I guess all things come to an end eventually. Softball, you are almost right on though.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 pm Some people are talking about Burg being a state contender this year. I believe Coldwater dropped to D6, so that gives them a big advantage.

There havent been many close, competitive Burg/Ironton games in the past 5 years. Gotta think Burg takes Ironton behind the woodshed again.

I dont see many teams besides Heath and Bishop Watterson giving Burg a close game. Jackson may do it, but that match up hasnt been very competitive recently either.
Only two years ago at Ironton Burg only won by a touchdown 14-6. That was a nail biter and Ironton had a couple of chances of taking that game, but fumbled the ball away twice deep in Burg territory. Burg has been good the last couple of years, but not unbeatable. The tigers have been working hard ever since they lost the coshocton game. I think it will pay off. Can't wait to see them play the first scrimmage game. They should be ready this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

burg is about to see that the teams like bishop Watterson and the like are teams that schools our size just can't hardly schedule anymore. I wish them all the luck in the world and applaud them for scheduling them. but these teams are all star teams. and they have the ability to move up or down in divisions. ironton rassled with beasts like that for decades, and it's a whole different horse of another color. sadly those days are behind fighting tiger fans, but oh the memories man. they do help you prepare for the playoffs if yer healthy coming in.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:35 am burg is about to see that the teams like bishop Watterson and the like are teams that schools our size just can't hardly schedule anymore. I wish them all the luck in the world and applaud them for scheduling them. but these teams are all star teams. and they have the ability to move up or down in divisions. ironton rassled with beasts like that for decades, and it's a whole different horse of another color. sadly those days are behind fighting tiger fans, but oh the memories man. they do help you prepare for the playoffs if yer healthy coming in.
Everyone thought Hartley was going to blow them off the field a few years back. Burg took them to OT and beat them up physically

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

IBTT wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:26 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 pm Some people are talking about Burg being a state contender this year. I believe Coldwater dropped to D6, so that gives them a big advantage.

Only two years ago at Ironton Burg only won by a touchdown 14-6. That was a nail biter and Ironton had a couple of chances of taking that game, but fumbled the ball away twice deep in Burg territory. Burg has been good the last couple of years, but not unbeatable. The tigers have been working hard ever since they lost the coshocton game. I think it will pay off. Can't wait to see them play the first scrimmage game. They should be ready this year.
Burg beat them later that same year 38-7. Last year it was 49-6.

It looks like Ironton broke down like the rest of Southern Ohio and let Burg get into their head, which makes it even harder to win.

I will take Burg by 3 TD's until the Tigers prove me wrong.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:35 am burg is about to see that the teams like bishop Watterson and the like are teams that schools our size just can't hardly schedule anymore. I wish them all the luck in the world and applaud them for scheduling them. but these teams are all star teams. and they have the ability to move up or down in divisions. ironton rassled with beasts like that for decades, and it's a whole different horse of another color. sadly those days are behind fighting tiger fans, but oh the memories man. they do help you prepare for the playoffs if yer healthy coming in.
Watterson hasn't been as consistent year in year out like they used to be but I've been told they are loaded this year. Burg will show up. This should be a Saturday game
If the burg can replace the leadership they lost they should be very good. Defense returns a lot and should be nasty, offense line should be much improved and much more physical. Line was not very good last year in my opinion. Skill wise they will have a lot of play makers
Coaching staff as always very solid. The burg will be prepared each week

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Ironton vs Burg. These games use to favor Ironton, and then they got very competitive but now, Burg has to be the favorite. At least, until Ironton can prove they can compete again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:50 am
Everyone thought Hartley was going to blow them off the field a few years back. Burg took them to OT and beat them up physically

oh I know full well burg can play with them. no doubt in my mind.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SEO Sports wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:45 am Ironton vs Burg. These games use to favor Ironton, and then they got very competitive but now, Burg has to be the favorite. At least, until Ironton can prove they can compete again.

I agree with you completely.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

fbnut wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:02 am
knightruner wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 pm The MAC still has two teams Anna and Versailles in DIV V and you can bet you will have to play one of them. I don't think the Burg will make it that far..like last year.
Who do you think has been beating those teams in the the Play Offs..Duh CH2O.. Just watch your gonna have to play one of them..

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

knightruner wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:18 am
fbnut wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:02 am
Who do you think has been beating those teams in the the Play Offs..Duh CH2O.. Just watch your gonna have to play one of them..
I don't think those teams have been making the playoffs lately

Return to “Football”