Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton (8/26)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:20 pm It is time for the Dogg to tell the Fat Lady to start warming up. It's over.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dontreply wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 am
P(irate) wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:38 pm
dontreply wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:29 am

Get this game off the schedule to beef it up,but add fairland this year? Lol
:lol: The schedule only gets tougher next year bud. Burg is pushing for the top.
Keep pushing Bub,power to the people .
Unfortunately I think the days of a southern Ohio football championship has gone by,even a superior team like burg in this area is only an average team against teams up north like cold water.

Peace out brother
Good thing Coldwater is not in our division anymore bubby.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Purplehaze wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 am The Burg better not be caught sleeping....The Tigers might sneak up on you!!
It doesn't matter if they sleep through the first 40 minutes. The Tigers don't have a prayer.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So I'm hearing some chatter about an interview or video or something with Vass having said some slight toward Burg. Wondering if anyone has heard that.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

01 ironton 42 burg 0
02 ironton 24 burg 9
03 ironton 22 burg 10
04 ironton 21 burg 0
05 ironton 7 burg 0
06 ironton 24 burg 21
07 burg 39 ironton 6
08 burg 23 ironton 22
09 ironton 24 burg 8
10 ironton 12 burg 7
11 ironton 42 burg 13
12 ironton 32 burg 27
13 burg 49 ironton 12
14 burg 42 ironton 16
15 burg 14 ironton 6
16 burg 49 ironton 6
This is why I don't understand all the cockiness from burg fans. So confused out of the last 16 Regular Season Meetings it's Burg 6 Ironton 10. Yes burg won 2 playoff games recently but when Ironton was dominating burg, burg wasn't in Irontons division, so Ironton never had had a chance to double play burg with those loaded teams. Burg is good an no one questions that but all this acting like Ironton is a joke is getting old

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:35 pm So I'm hearing some chatter about an interview or video or something with Vass having said some slight toward Burg. Wondering if anyone has heard that.
Nope, haven't heard that.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:15 am 01 ironton 42 burg 0
02 ironton 24 burg 9
03 ironton 22 burg 10
04 ironton 21 burg 0
05 ironton 7 burg 0
06 ironton 24 burg 21
07 burg 39 ironton 6
08 burg 23 ironton 22
09 ironton 24 burg 8
10 ironton 12 burg 7
11 ironton 42 burg 13
12 ironton 32 burg 27
13 burg 49 ironton 12
14 burg 42 ironton 16
15 burg 14 ironton 6
16 burg 49 ironton 6
This is why I don't understand all the cockiness from burg fans. So confused out of the last 16 Regular Season Meetings it's Burg 6 Ironton 10. Yes burg won 2 playoff games recently but when Ironton was dominating burg, burg wasn't in Irontons division, so Ironton never had had a chance to double play burg with those loaded teams. Burg is good an no one questions that but all this acting like Ironton is a joke is getting old
I think it has to do with the way Wheelersburg has beat Ironton. You look at the last 18 games between the 2 teams Ironton does hold a slight edge in victories at 10-8 but Ironton's average margin of victory is a shade over 2 touchdowns. Whereas Wheelersburg's average margin of victory is close to 4 touchdowns. Then you have to factor in the drop off Ironton has had since Lutz retired. This series was quite lopsided at one point as far as wins and losses but in the last 5-6 years Wheelersburg has dominated this series to where it is getting pretty close. I don't think this game should be dropped by either school reguradless of recent or past games. This is the premier game to kick off high school football in southern Ohio and has turned into a great rivalry for both schools. Hopefully Ironton isn't down too long and come back to make these games competitive again as it's great entertainment for football fans in this part of the state.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:15 am 01 ironton 42 burg 0
02 ironton 24 burg 9
03 ironton 22 burg 10
04 ironton 21 burg 0
05 ironton 7 burg 0
06 ironton 24 burg 21
07 burg 39 ironton 6
08 burg 23 ironton 22
09 ironton 24 burg 8
10 ironton 12 burg 7
11 ironton 42 burg 13
12 ironton 32 burg 27
13 burg 49 ironton 12
14 burg 42 ironton 16
15 burg 14 ironton 6
16 burg 49 ironton 6
It is 230 to 54 (Or 38-9 on average) over the last 6 match ups. That's why. It has only been remotely close once.

BellaireBigReds
Waterboy

Post by BellaireBigReds »

I am making the nearly 4 hour trek on Saturday to take in this ballgame. Once a year I will road trip to see a good matchup. Last year I made a 4 hour trip to Maria Stein, Ohio to watch Coldwater vs Marion Local. This matchup made this list because i have always wanted to watch a game at Tank Stadium for the nostalgia and atmosphere. The last time I saw Ironton play was at Zanesville in a playoff game against Germantown Valley View. Early 2000's I believe? Anyway, I am glad that bleed blue posted the last 16 game history of this series. The way Wheelersburg people gloat on here you would think they are on a 16 game winning streak against Ironton having won multiple state titles in the process.Every rivalry series has has its runs and every program goes through a rut at some point. It would be nice to see Ironton get back to their prowess of the 2000's when they were slugging it out with other heavyweights in division 4 region 15 year in and year out. So I'm hoping to see a great game on Saturday and rooting for the Fighting Tigers to pull off what this forum is deeming impossible.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope you have a wonderful time bigred.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

BellaireBigReds wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 am I am making the nearly 4 hour trek on Saturday to take in this ballgame. Once a year I will road trip to see a good matchup. Last year I made a 4 hour trip to Maria Stein, Ohio to watch Coldwater vs Marion Local. This matchup made this list because i have always wanted to watch a game at Tank Stadium for the nostalgia and atmosphere. The last time I saw Ironton play was at Zanesville in a playoff game against Germantown Valley View. Early 2000's I believe? Anyway, I am glad that bleed blue posted the last 16 game history of this series. The way Wheelersburg people gloat on here you would think they are on a 16 game winning streak against Ironton having won multiple state titles in the process.Every rivalry series has has its runs and every program goes through a rut at some point. It would be nice to see Ironton get back to their prowess of the 2000's when they were slugging it out with other heavyweights in division 4 region 15 year in and year out. So I'm hoping to see a great game on Saturday and rooting for the Fighting Tigers to pull off what this forum is deeming impossible.
It's a what have you done for me lately society. Burg fans think there are some shady things going on up at tiger town. Not sure if they are true but I think it's getting them riled up and making them lose a little respect for the tiger tradition. Ironton is still a pretty good team but I'm not sure it's going to come back to the power it once had.

Laser

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

05 ironton won 7-6... lol

What shady stuff do burg fans think is going on? No one has lost respect for what ironton has accomplished in the past. This is a great rivalry game. Burg is just the superior team as of lately.. and I believe burg will name the score this year as well. That's not being cocky. It's confident. Ironton use O have the same confidence in the past.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Let me ask a question. What is the last really good team that Wheelersburg has beaten?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Waverly last year. Or ny last year. Those were both good teams.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

P(irate) wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:04 pm
dontreply wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:13 am
P(irate) wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:38 pm
:lol: The schedule only gets tougher next year bud. Burg is pushing for the top.
Keep pushing Bub,power to the people .
Unfortunately I think the days of a southern Ohio football championship has gone by,even a superior team like burg in this area is only an average team against teams up north like cold water.

Peace out brother
Good thing Coldwater is not in our division anymore bubby.

I'm well aware they are not on your schedule, it was an example, you could not beat a team of that caliber ,and if you think there is not teams in your region as good as them ,you may want to phone a friend.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Who in our region is as good as coldwater?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:03 pm Who in our region is as good as coldwater?
Come on Grad. Don't you see? Burg isn't great. They are mediocre at best. At least that's what I hear. That must mean everyone else in southern Ohio is trash. Well except the 2014 Athens Bulldogs. They were the greatest ever. If Burg could only get to that level. Hahahahahaha. I love it when haters hate. They look dumb af. Burg will THROTTLE Itown on Saturday. From my perspective, this is the MOST talented team they have fielded yet. They may not be as big as previous years. However, they have depth, talent and speed at every position. They can keep jawing all they want. Burg is a class above anyone around here. This dude is just mad to see someone else succeed. Burg is doing what it takes In the locker room, weight room, film, practice, coaching, scheduling, the whole 9 freaking yards. And This chump acts like he's a freaking know it all. Hahaha. I wonder why he's not an AD or a head coach somewhere? He seems to know EVERYTHING. I would hate to be associated with this cat.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

8-)
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:36 pm Waverly last year. Or ny last year. Those were both good teams.
So basically they haven't beaten anyone. Because if you saw Waverly get embarrassed on their home field in the playoffs you would know they weren't good

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

A Wheelersburg players' parent told me what was said on here that Wheelersburg is very skilled. But he said that the offensive line is bad. Read option is great, but you don't beat good teams by losing the line of scrimmage.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oak wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 pm A Wheelersburg players' parent told me what was said on here that Wheelersburg is very skilled. But he said that the offensive line is bad. Read option is great, but you don't beat good teams by losing the line of scrimmage.
Good grief. I'm beginning to think the burgs parents are spoiled beyond belief. The line did have its bad moments but there's a new center and there were numerous times when Russell brought 6 to 7 guys in different blitz packages. I'm not going to assume that they are going to pick up every stunt. Even with those miscues they still probably put up close to 400 yards and scored at least 4 during varsity. This team is very good especially on the defensive side of the ball. i saw the Ovc preview and I didn't see a team near the talent. Maybe Portsmouth but they only got two quarters in.

Return to “Football”