Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by 4thgoal »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 am OLE YTB JUST SAW A PICTURE OF THE 2017 FIGHTING TIGERS ON FACEBOOK, IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE 50 YOUNG'UNS OUT THIS YEAR. GO TIGERS GO.
Is 50 a total of all 4 grades or just varsity?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I would say so. I don't thin they even have a frosh team anymore.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I would venture to guess that's all 4 grades, 50 would still be up some for all 4 grades combined.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

abe that's exactly what I'm saying as well. the locker room for visitors could be an easy fix. just add on to the end of the stadium a bit. restrooms has always been an issue. and the press box sticks out into the visitors bleachers for a couple of rows. I don't know if moving the bleachers forward several feet is an option or not. but for my money,, and there hain't much of it. it is the perfect blend of ole an new.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Burg people moaning about someone else's stadium.,that's novel. Parking? Lmao Burg has a bottle neck trying to get out,that's hilarious. Seating,I've seen more seating at a Little League baseball game. Not to mention all the Burg faithfull sprawled out on the Hill. Your stadium is hardly a gem.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

12gauge wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:13 pm Burg people moaning about someone else's stadium.,that's novel. Parking? Lmao Burg has a bottle neck trying to get out,that's hilarious. Seating,I've seen more seating at a Little League baseball game. Not to mention all the Burg faithfull sprawled out on the Hill. Your stadium is hardly a gem.
That may be but after Jackson the burgs stadium would at least be in the argument for #2 in the area

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Pirate ship is ready to sail. First stop Ironton. I'm glad this game got moved to Saturday night. The tank will be packed. I don't see any chance of a barn burner. Burg has reloaded AGAIN. They may not be the same team they were last year. However, they have tons of talent AGAIN. Defense is going to be nasty. The O will roll. I am expecting big things again this year.

YTB must have been drinking the Kool Aid. Never seen slang thrown like that. LMAO.

Too early to tell prediction
Burg 56
Itown 12

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a feeling this may be our year to quiet ya'lls ship

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 pm
12gauge wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:13 pm Burg people moaning about someone else's stadium.,that's novel. Parking? Lmao Burg has a bottle neck trying to get out,that's hilarious. Seating,I've seen more seating at a Little League baseball game. Not to mention all the Burg faithfull sprawled out on the Hill. Your stadium is hardly a gem.
That may be but after Jackson the burgs stadium would at least be in the argument for #2 in the area

LMao,you can't be serious, have you ever been to valley, or Portsmouth? Even east now with the new grass and field renovation may be better then burg .

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

:x
Noitall wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

LMao,you can't be serious, have you ever been to valley, or Portsmouth? Even east now with the new grass and field renovation may be better then burg .
East is a crap hole.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought valley, portsmouth or burg was #2. I would not put east anywhere near the top.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Ok,may have been sarcastic loll, but their field does look nice compared to what it was

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 pm

I wouldn't argue with anyone that thought valley, portsmouth or burg was #2. I would not put east anywhere near the top.
No comment on east. ports-burg slightly ahead of valley because of valley's track. All three in my top 5

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point has a great stadium with plenty of seating for sides. Plus parking is free! Lol

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

osumufan wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 pm
South Point has a great stadium with plenty of seating for sides. Plus parking is free! Lol
Been a few years since I was there but I do remember it was a very nice stadium.
Rock hill has a nice stadium, don't remember how big visitors side is . I have always sat on the home side.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:18 pm I have a feeling this may be our year to quiet ya'lls ship
Exactly what kind of feeling is causing you to think this way YTB?

You get a hold of some bad food? Do you have a fever Bait? Get to urgent care man lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know abe. I just have the feeling this is going to be a more disciplined ball club this year that won't shoot itself in the foot.I'm hearing the shenanigans ain't gonna happen this year,and we have two key injured running backs healthy again. we are feeling like the burg most have felt up till like 2007. what can we do to beat ironton. ironton must be feeling the same pressure. what can we do different to beat the burg.because since then ya'll have thrashed us about the head n facial area.i hope to hear a good report about their effort in Portsmouth tonight again the Trojans in the ovc previews.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 pm I don't know abe. I just have the feeling this is going to be a more disciplined ball club this year that won't shoot itself in the foot.I'm hearing the shenanigans ain't gonna happen this year,and we have two key injured running backs healthy again. we are feeling like the burg most have felt up till like 2007. what can we do to beat ironton. ironton must be feeling the same pressure. what can we do different to beat the burg.because since then ya'll have thrashed us about the head n facial area.i hope to hear a good report about their effort in Portsmouth tonight again the Trojans in the ovc previews.
Sorry bait. I know it was just previews but they did not look very disciplined tonight. I think they're in big trouble against the Pirates. They'll probably be in hunt for the OVC with Ports. and Chesapeake.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I had the pleasure of watching the tigers and the Trojans go at it tonight. A couple things. Portsmouth is much improved and probably my pick to win the ovc. Ironton is now running the spread.. gonna take some time to get it down. Now, burg ironton game.. burg should pretty much control the entire game. Irontons line on both sides was handled fairly easy by Portsmouth. after the first quarter the ironton players had their hands on their knees sucking air.. not a good sign for the tigers. Also I don't think that ironton has the athletes to compete with burg this year.

Big I fan
Waterboy

Post by Big I fan »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 pm I had the pleasure of watching the tigers and the Trojans go at it tonight. A couple things. Portsmouth is much improved and probably my pick to win the ovc. Ironton is now running the spread.. gonna take some time to get it down. Now, burg ironton game.. burg should pretty much control the entire game. Irontons line on both sides was handled fairly easy by Portsmouth. after the first quarter the ironton players had their hands on their knees sucking air.. not a good sign for the tigers. Also I don't think that ironton has the athletes to compete with burg this year.
You do realize Ironton was playing their third string against Portsmouth first string?

Return to “Football”