Wheelersburg(48) @ (3)Ironton

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 1 WHEELERSBURG @ IRONTON

Post by Buramgerdin »

IBTT always has the excuses. But as usual is full of crap. What you saw was ironton.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm IBTT always has the excuses. But as usual is full of crap. What you saw was ironton.
This :lol:

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

They played everyone except the D 1 feelers,can't take a chance on them missing the burg game

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton (8/26)

Post by mattash »

Going to be packed

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

My countdown clock shows that the kickoff is 265 Hours away. Burg has the 2017 early test in the hostile confines of Tank Stadium. Watching Burg practice and play so far, they have 2-3 guys at every position who are extremely talented. I'll be getting there at noon next Saturday to try to get a seat. GO BURG!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg4 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:32 pm My countdown clock shows that the kickoff is 265 Hours away. Burg has the 2017 early test in the hostile confines of Tank Stadium. Watching Burg practice and play so far, they have 2-3 guys at every position who are extremely talented. I'll be getting there at noon next Saturday to try to get a seat. GO BURG!!!
Noticed the same thing
They are very deep

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

after the ironton game. I wish all you burgites all the luck in the world. and go fighting tigers. time to save face and get rollin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AS STATED BY MANY, NO IRONTON IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. BUT THEY ARE STILL OUR FIGHTING TIGERS AND WE LOVE THEM. THOUGHT I'D WRITE DOWN IRONTON'S SCHEDULE SO YOU CAN HAVE IT ON YOUR CALENDER.GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR GUYS.
1-WHEELERSBURG -- (HOME) 8/26 SATURDAY
2-RUSSELL, KY.-- (HOME) 9/1
3-FAIRLAND -- (HOME) 9/8
4-ASHLAND, KY.-- AWAY 9/15
5-SOUTH POINT --AWAY 9/22
6- CHESAPEAKE -- AWAY 9/29
7-ROCK HILL -- (HOME) 10/6
8-COAL GROVE -- AWAY 10/20
9-GAHS -- AWAY 10/20
10-PORTSMOUTH -- (HOME) 10/27

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Burg by 35.

Laser

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Wheelersburg takes this one again.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I don't see a running clock in this one. The Burg will get a 21 point advantage and sub. They don't get any extra points for a higher margin of victory so why waste your first team in the first game of the season. I see the Burg going deeper in the playoffs this year and if the can bring home another title to SE Ohio, more power to them. Ironton will be their regular 7-4 if that. Good luck to both teams on their upcoming season.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it hain't like it used to be tiger. let's hope to see more discipline and marked improvement this year outta the guys in stripes.

Purplehaze
Waterboy

Post by Purplehaze »

The Burg better not be caught sleeping....The Tigers might sneak up on you!!

TriStateFan44
Waterboy

Post by TriStateFan44 »

Wheelersburg will walk out of Tanks with a win, handily.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

O YEE OF LITTLE FAITH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO FIGHTING TIGERS.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I absolutely look for a running clock. I agree burg will play a bunch of kids but they are not gonna get up 21 and pull the starters. That would be playing with fire. A missed assignment here or there and a big play and suddenly it's a dog fight Ironton has 7 seniors I am told. If so that's a lot of jr and sophs. Andpotentially a freshman or two that could see time. The last several years they have only gone about 15 to 18 kids deep. That and their lack if conditioning and the heat have resulted in burg taking over in the 2nd half. I look for a pretty lopsided game after it's all said and done.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

This game will be a total laugher. To ironton just get out with no injuries. To burg, get this game off the schedule. I have nothing against the tigers and have rooted for them in the past. They are not relevant anymore. Burg wants to compete with mac schools, I know a lot about those schools from the mac and the nwc. Having moved here I would like to see those caliber teams week in and out down here. So, my advice to burg, you play Jackson good d3 has a chance to beat you power team. Pick up Chillicothe, good skill to rest you and can compete year in year out. Last pick up massie, best southern team ranked in the state, power speed tradition closest thing to a coldwater you can play down here. You beat those three in non conference then you are ready to go toe to toe with any mac team.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Watching Ironton last Friday during the OVC Preview, couple things I noticed...They now run a lot of the same Offense and plays that Wheelersburg does...This should be easy for Burg Coaches to predict what's coming the next play...Another thing, both Ironton O and D lines became fatigued very early. Gametime forecast next Saturday is Sunny and 76 degrees. Looking for Burg to start strong early, and after halftime it will be all Burg due to Ironton fatigue and Burg's depth.

I have a feeling based on what I saw last week that Burg Defense will be spending a lot of time in the Ironton backfield.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

time to get this one on the field. like I said on a post about the topic chasing ghosts, ironton football. there is no shame in tiger fans reflecting on the past. it was awesome. and while bob lutz coached till 2007, the burg was at least, very ineffective. those times have changed dramatically. burg is what ironton was. nothing wrong with that. just hope to see a great effort out of the fighting tigers. whether it's a win or a loss. I hear burg has 104 kids out. I think ironton has 50, with only 7 seniors. no excuses here. let's play good sound football, n see what happens. I hope burg fans remember how many years we kept them on the schedule when they could not compete with ironton. this is a game that must be played. albeit lopsided since 2007. it still needs played. it's one of the biggest rivalries in the state and the series is still ironton's win/loss wise. but that should mean nothing next Saturday night. I have nothing but respect for burg football. I really don't. where you find 104 kids, as a d5 school is beyond me. but I could care less. we had our transfers as well. everybody wants to play for a winner. now that Lawrence county has caught up to the tigers, kids are staying put. still you have to put a quality program on the field on Friday nights. my prayer is for a safe game with no injuries, and a big crowd that will provide financial gain for the programs involved. and remember these are high school kids 14/15 -18 years old. they are proud of their communities and they will play with all their hearts. regardless of who wins or loses. make no mistake the tigers are way over due in this series, but no shame in playing the top team in this part of the state every year right out of the shute. time to cut Sampson's hair and sink this pirate ship. and if somehow that does not happen, at least show growth and marked improvements every week.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:03 pm This game will be a total laugher. To ironton just get out with no injuries. To burg, get this game off the schedule. I have nothing against the tigers and have rooted for them in the past. They are not relevant anymore. Burg wants to compete with mac schools, I know a lot about those schools from the mac and the nwc. Having moved here I would like to see those caliber teams week in and out down here. So, my advice to burg, you play Jackson good d3 has a chance to beat you power team. Pick up Chillicothe, good skill to rest you and can compete year in year out. Last pick up massie, best southern team ranked in the state, power speed tradition closest thing to a coldwater you can play down here. You beat those three in non conference then you are ready to go toe to toe with any mac team.
Get this game off the schedule to beef it up,but add fairland this year? Lol

Return to “Football”