Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by Raider6309 »

If Warren really broke out the three division idea, they will never live that down

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I wonder if this puts this nonsense to rest?
The league is in great shape with a lot of accomplishments---why would we want to mess with that?
Warren, Marietta, Logan, and whoever else isn't getting in.
The league has decided to leave well enough alone.
Well done by the AD's and Principals.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:15 pm If Warren really broke out the three division idea, they will never live that down
Why in the hell not invite media personnel to cover this kind of stuff and have an official record made available to the public? Sure would be nice to know facts on how exactly it all went down.

Its not like we're dealing with some sort of top secret govt meeting here that is gonna decide the fate of the American people. It's high school sports for gods sake. lol

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Agree with 93Bulldog about media covering this.

TVC has NEVER wanted its laundry aired out.

Marietta Times should be the paper covering this episode, but hasn't.

And folks, ya'll need to accept and come to grips with reality that TVC is NOT going to 3 divisions and NOT letting anyone else in.

Probably in our lifetimes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No media present, no press release given to media afterwards. What would have happened if they did get voted in? Would they have all just went home and we'd be left to figure out if we now have an 18 team league? Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The million dollar question is: did Warren at anytime propose that them, and only them, be voted on to join the TVC. And if so did any such vote take place?

What I am being told is that Warren only proposed a scenario that included them AND Marietta and a three division format. This was an all or nothing proposal and the TVC voted no.

If that's the case, the Warren fan base needs to be angry at their principal - not the TVC. That is a stupid plan that any knowledgeable fan from this area knows would fail.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

And keep in mind that Warren principal was NEVER a teacher or coach. He was a school psychologist before becoming a principal.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keyser_sozeThrice wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm Agree with 93Bulldog about media covering this.

TVC has NEVER wanted its laundry aired out.

Marietta Times should be the paper covering this episode, but hasn't.

And folks, ya'll need to accept and come to grips with reality that TVC is NOT going to 3 divisions and NOT letting anyone else in.

Probably in our lifetimes.
It won't happen because the Hocking has the majority vote (9 teams) and they seem very happy with the current set up, which has spawned great success in football (computer points) and other sports where they are all grouped in the same sectionals - AND made scheduling extremely easy. No three division set up will EVER happen. I'm not even remotely close to being a smart and guy and I knew that, so why (if you were a team proposing to get into the league) propose such a thing? Ridiculous.

I will disagree though, Keyser, on never letting anyone in. I think there is room for an 8th team in the Ohio. But it has to be the right team, the right time and the RIGHT proposal.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In my honest opinion, that 8th team could someday be Oak Hill if they ever want to leave the SOC.

Size, location, strength of athletic programs, facilities - all fit into the Ohio Division like a glove.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I think a few of you who have posted should get a job as a school principal or superintendent at a school in the TVC. Then, with all your wealth of knowledge, you can straighten things out. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am I think a few of you who have posted should get a job as a school principal or superintendent at a school in the TVC. Then, with all your wealth of knowledge, you can straighten things out. :lol:
If I got a job as a principal or super I'd probably focus on my school and leave the athletic decisions up to the athletic director and coaches that were hired to do the job. :roll:

On a side not though, the TVC doesn't need to straighten anything out - so I'm not sure what your post means.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 am
Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am I think a few of you who have posted should get a job as a school principal or superintendent at a school in the TVC. Then, with all your wealth of knowledge, you can straighten things out. :lol:
If I got a job as a principal or super I'd probably focus on my school and leave the athletic decisions up to the athletic director and coaches that were hired to do the job. :roll:

On a side not though, the TVC doesn't need to straighten anything out - so I'm not sure what your post means.
So we'll leave it up to people paid on supplemental contracts to make district decisions rather than the people we pay as administrators to run the district. Yea, I get ya. :lol:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:01 pm NY voted yes for Warren but no for 3 divisions.
There was no vote on 3 divisions. But according to the discussions NY is for 3 divisions. NY, Athens, Trimble, Southern and Waterford voted for Warren to enter. Athens and Waterford were the only votes for Marietta.

FYI: If any of you want the actual facts you can get the minutes via public records request.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm.

FYI: If any of you want the actual facts you can get the minutes via public records request.
How exactly do I do that? I'm not gonna do a radio show about the topic until I have facts. Public records where? I don't even know where the meeting was held.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The moral of the story is..........

No one had better leave the TVC or you are NEVER getting back in.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm
Binary wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:50 pm.

How exactly do I do that? I'm not gonna do a radio show about the topic until I have facts. Public records where? I don't even know where the meeting was held.
Contact the TVC Secretary ( Wellston's principal) and make a public records request for the minutes and any notes of discussion pertaining to the meeting of the TVC Board of Control held on April 11, 2018.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Since NY has voted yes for Warren to join every time, let's get the Warriors on the Buckeyes schedule in all sports as a nonconference game. They already play each other in some sports.

I feel sorry for Warren having to play random schools from West Virginia so much.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:56 pm Since NY has voted yes for Warren to join every time, let's get the Warriors on the Buckeyes schedule in all sports as a nonconference game. They already play each other in some sports.

I feel sorry for Warren having to play random schools from West Virginia so much.
NY Warren in boys basketball is not a good match up.
We play them in volleyball, girls basketball, and track and field.
Wouldn't be worth playing them in football.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If NY vs. Warren in football and basketball aren't good matchups, why does NY continually vote yes for Warren to rejoin the TVC?

I think the basketball game would be a good measuring stick, much like NY vs. Logan is in football when that game is played, even though Logan leads the all-time series by a large margin.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm If NY vs. Warren in football and basketball aren't good matchups, why does NY continually vote yes for Warren to rejoin the TVC?

I think the basketball game would be a good measuring stick, much like NY vs. Logan is in football when that game is played, even though Logan leads the all-time series by a large margin.

In all sports it’s a good idea. Warren is the exact same program as Vinton County in all sports

Return to “Football”