2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

joeboggs1
JV Team

Re: 2018 FAC Football offseason

Post by joeboggs1 »

goblue1395 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 am
joeboggs1 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:45 pm Hillsboro should return a very nice offense. Keets was academically ineligible for the 2nd half of basketball season, so he will need to get those issues cleared up. With him, they will have as productive of an offense as anyone in the league. They will need to improve greatly from last season's defensive effort to compete for the league crown though.
I heard that Hillsboro graduated their entire starting offensive line, is this true?

I'm not sure if the entire line is gone or not, but I know at least a big part of it is gone. The line is definitely the biggest concern offensively. Their skill kids will compare with anyone they play.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Re: 2018 FAC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by Ohio1234 »

Went to watch Chillicothe's first 7on7 against Hamilton Township and boy was i impressed at the early summer efficiency there were. The QB competition is heating up and i must say that Adrien Beverly has a cannon and throws a beautiful ball. The young benson kid is also very accurate and has the look . as expected JJ Harris is a baller and outside of the QB from Court House will be the most explosive player in this league. Chillicothe needs to find a play maker at running back though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 am Went to watch Chillicothe's first 7on7 against Hamilton Township and boy was i impressed at the early summer efficiency there were. The QB competition is heating up and i must say that Adrien Beverly has a cannon and throws a beautiful ball. The young benson kid is also very accurate and has the look . as expected JJ Harris is a baller and outside of the QB from Court House will be the most explosive player in this league. Chillicothe needs to find a play maker at running back though.
Chillicothe will have the best overall athletes. Chillicothe is the champ until they are knocked off. WCH will be very dangerous. Hillsboro will be tough. Jackson will be very good on defense and the offense should be solid.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Have any other FAC teams besides Chillicothe had any 7-7’s yet? I was able to catch a little bit of WCH’s 7-7 with Huntington today. Offense looked very explosive, Defense struggled at times and I’m not sure if they were missing some kids but there were some kids that weren’t there that I know didn’t graduate. A lot of new faces in the Blue Lion defense today. I was talking to a parent who said they have a move in Wide Receiver from Arizona. I was able to see him for the first time today and wow, the kid is special. Very fluid and fast, he will be a mismatch for most DB’s around. They had him on the outside with 6’5 receiver Rich Burns in the slot. The other outside receiver, Lynch, is a junior, and is a true burner. He will be tough to keep up with. QB Steward is very special, he will be the best player in the league in my honest opinion. He looked extremely sharp today for an early July 7-7. Can’t wait for Friday night Football!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson has been in a couple hosting one and traveling to Dayton to another.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm Jackson has been in a couple hosting one and traveling to Dayton to another.....
How did they look?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

goblue1395 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm Jackson has been in a couple hosting one and traveling to Dayton to another.....
How did they look?
They’ve done well. Lost to Coldwater but beat Chaminade Julienne, Greenville. Played well against Nelsonville, Gallia Academy and Ironton. Learned some, a lot of reps for a lot of kids and definitely got them some bulletin board material.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:40 pm
goblue1395 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am
How did they look?
They’ve done well. Lost to Coldwater but beat Chaminade Julienne, Greenville. Played well against Nelsonville, Gallia Academy and Ironton. Learned some, a lot of reps for a lot of kids and definitely got them some bulletin board material.
goblue1395; my man Ironman 92 hit the nail on the head......that is as good as of a run down as you could find.....

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

1.Courthouse
2. Cavaliers
3. Jackson

rest of league.

I look for Chillicothe to be competitive but overall i think the Courthouse Qb and surrounding talent will be too much. (all pre-season picks of course)

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson defense should be stingy

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Washington CH scrimmaged Jamestown Greenview and Franklin Hts today. Looked pretty good in both scrimmages a-lot of weapons on offense and solid O line play. While defensively really saw a huge improvement , defense played well swarming to the ball covering receivers. Still alot of work to do but excited for the season.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

tic toc

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Just Finished watching Chillicothe's first scrimmage against Grove City tonight the first thing that came to mind was boy are we going to miss having Branden Maughmer. The scrimmage started out with each offense on the redzone for 15 mins each during that time chillicothe gave up two tds, Chillicothe's defense looked very good plenty of size and athleticism, during this time chillicothe scored 3 times. The QB Adrien Beverly is no maughmer but can run and is great spreading the ball around in the short passing game. Over all it was what you would expect for the first scrimmage with new faces filling key roles.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Anyone catch the Chilli vs Wheelersburg scrimmage?

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

How did everyone do in their respective jamboree games? I heard that Jackson looked dominant, but haven't heard much from the rest of the league. WCH struggled a bit against Amanda Clearcreek, penalties killed a lot of their drives offensively. Steward played QB for most of the first half and JV played the remainder of the game. When The starters came out of the game it was 14-13 in favor of the Blue Lions. I wasn't keeping track but Steward must've had 120 yds on the ground in less than a half. Not as explosive on offense as i was hoping to see from WCH but hopefully they can clean up the penalties and handle business this Friday. Defensively they have two of the biggest defensive ends in SEO. Burns is every bit of 6'5" 245 and the Pettiford boy is roughly 6'4" 235 I'd say. Both looked physical and fast coming off of the edge. The secondary struggled when the ball carrier reached the second level, which wasn't too often as the inside linebackers looked great all around. Overall I was encouraged by the play of the defense given the recent years of watching them give up 35pts/gm. WCH loses a lot after this year so this is the year for them to take the title of FAC champs while they can. They should have the most talented roster in the FAC, and the Head Coach's two platoon philosophy really takes a toll on teams in the second half. Here's hoping the FAC is 6-0 come Friday night!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Good luck to all the FAC teams in week 1 !
#FAC

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chilli Looked decent in the Jamboree game but not sure Olentangy berlin was much of a look seeing as though they didnt have any seniors and are a first year program anyhow chillicothes starters lead 35-14 when the JVs took over in the 3rd quarter beverly looked solid at QB and outside of Courthouses Steward JJ Harris for chillicothe is the most explosive player in the FAC

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

FAC
Team W L CW CL
Chillicothe 2 0 0 0
Hillsboro 2 0 0 0
Jackson 2 0 0 0
Washington CH 1 0 0 0
Miami Trace 1 1 0 0
McClain 0 2 0 0

Week 1
Washington v Blanchester 58-42
Chillicothe v Teays Valley 14-13
Jackson v Wellston 54-14
Hillsboro v Western Brown 30-28
Miami Trace v Circleville 30-15
McClain v Adena 15-31
League goes 5-1

Week 2
Washinton CH v Circleville 68-6
Chillicothe v Mifflin 56-14
Jackson v Fairfield Union 34-0
Hillsboro v Goshen 26-7
Miami Trace V Wilmington 7-38
McClain v Unioto 6-34
League Goes 4-2

Week 3
Washington v London
Hillsboro v East Clinton
Miami Trace v Logan Elm
Jackson v Gallia Academy
McClain v Zane Trace
Chillicothe v Watkins Memorial

Chillifan123
Waterboy

FAC Standings and predictions...

Post by Chillifan123 »

We are approaching week 5 and the final week of non conference play for the FAC, after watching 4 weeks of football , who's your pick to win the league?

veer
Freshman Team

Re: FAC Standings and predictions...

Post by veer »

As of right now who knows?

Jackson, Hillsboro, Chilly, and WCH will be competitive with all teams.
Whoever plays mistake free football wins this league. I'm going to guess there will be a tie for first between 2 of the 4 team listed. I do not think there is one team this year that just overpowers anyone. WCH got throttle by the only good opponent on their schedule thus far. Hillsboro beat up a good goshen team taking out a few of their key players which played a part in Goshen losing to LM, but other than that their schedule has been soft. Chilly will still be the top dogs but their offense hasnt shown much this season. And Jackson is a well coached team that has the athletes to compete with anyone in the league.

Should be a fun league to watch this season whoever wins.

Return to “Football”