2018 Ironton Head football coach

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Dandy Don »

moonshine wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am Still a Clown Show!
Pot meet kettle

Logan doesn't have a coach yet either do they?

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

No Way Vass wouid take this job back if offered but I don’t see them offering it back anyway

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Bon Fire at Tanks Stadium tonight!!!!!!! Come out and meet all 13 Fighting Tiger Players on this years roster!!! Bring your own refreshments. EYE OF THE TIGER WILL BE PLAYED to get the expected overflowing crowd pumped!!!!! Melania and I will be landing at mid field on Marine one to Celebrate!!!SEMPER -FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Other than baseball and miner sports all the coaches and AD need to go. Hire people that have a back bone and aren't afraid to stand up to parents and discipline their kids and put respect ,honor and discipline back in the program. It has to be people that can work together in all sports and not just care about one specific one. If not success will never return to Ironton.

Truthful Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Truthful Tiger »

Game day wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:36 am
Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 am I have heard it is official, strike 2. Grizzle is out, turned it down. I understand coaches now do not want any part of the dumpster fire. Evidently, the baseball coach is the only guy on town with a pair. He finally had enough of the charades and benched some problem players/parents. Kudos to him, if done on the gridiron maybe Ironton wouldn't be the laughing stock of southern-Ohio?
I agree I am not sure he was offered the job but just the same this should have been done 3 years ago. I would like to see Pendleton take the job given some time with the coaches he will bring things and players attitude will change.
“Gameday”, I don’t understand your comments that this should have happened three years ago.

Since you are an Ironton resident and former Asst. Coach at Portsmouth West, correct me if I am wrong, I can’t understand your logic on firing Coach Vass based upon his teams performancd for the past three years.

2015 - Goes undefeated in OVC
Named OVC Coach Of The Year
LED IHS to the State playoffs

2016 - Again goes undefeated in OVC
Again named OVC Coach Of The Year
Again leads Ironton to State playoffs

2017 - Was 4-3 going into final three games when team was devastated by injuries, (7-8 starters out)

2018 - Young team/only lost approx. 7 seniors
Looked promising going into 2018

Now as an EX-COACH from Portsmouth West can you justify saying that that was not a record that most teams in Southern Ohio would be glad to have? Was your record as good when you were coaching?

Finally, you seem to be pushing Pendleton for the coaching position. Is this due to your prior association with Portsmouth West?

“Gameday”, you also brag on Pendleton’s staff and how good they would be so put them out there so the readers can form their own opinions. Also, are you on Pendleton’s staff, or planning to apply for a position?

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Any news on a 2nd interview with Ray , Fairview coach and former oc for the Huntington Hammer?

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 am “Gameday”, I don’t understand your comments that this should have happened three years ago.

Since you are an Ironton resident and former Asst. Coach at Portsmouth West, correct me if I am wrong, I can’t understand your logic on firing Coach Vass based upon his teams performancd for the past three years.

2017 - Was 4-3 going into final three games when team was devastated by injuries, (7-8 starters out)

Now as an EX-COACH from Portsmouth West can you justify saying that that was not a record that most teams in Southern Ohio would be glad to have? Was your record as good when you were coaching?

Finally, you seem to be pushing Pendleton for the coaching position. Is this due to your prior association with Portsmouth West?

“Gameday”, you also brag on Pendleton’s staff and how good they would be so put them out there so the readers can form their own opinions. Also, are you on Pendleton’s staff, or planning to apply for a position?
OH MY :lol:

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Update - retraction - my sources from GC tell me Grizzle has not made an official decision.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:20 pm Update - retraction - my sources from GC tell me Grizzle has not made an official decision.
I've heard the same thing. IF the guy's basing his decision on who's coming back and who's not, do we really want that kind of guy??

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

If he hasn’t it will come soon , Ironton wants to know by today

EaglePride1
Waterboy

Post by EaglePride1 »

Fred Ray.... word is spreading like wildfire at Fairview that he was offered the job earlier today.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

EaglePride1 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm Fred Ray.... word is spreading like wildfire at Fairview that he was offered the job earlier today.
Was afraid of that...

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Grizzle is Official, OUT

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm Grizzle is Official, OUT
Translate

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Urban wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Truthful Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 am “Gameday”, I don’t understand your comments that this should have happened three years ago.

OH MY :lol:
So both of you joined Wednesday and then you think that I coached at West that’s funny. I guess both of you or one of you must be related to Vass or his past staff. I don’t care about his record his lack of discipline and flat out being lazy is what has pushed him out.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

You know what is funny ?
Is the fact we have so many insiders that know so much.
I understand the BOE has made a mess of this whole thing.
Waited to long to hire a coach leaving the the system in limbo.
The other is who should be hired.
Ironton sadly is not the crown jewel of SE Ohio football.
It can be a good program with the right choice no doubt.
Vass I do believe tried to win sadly he wasn't ready for the job or he took on asst. coaches that wasn't either or the fact remains he will be blamed for the failure.
Where does Ironton go from here it was embarrassed by a coach who had no inclination to leave and that isn't know one's fault except that coach's
Now it's said Grizzle doesn't want the job and Ray may be offered.
People are still saying Pendleton should get it.
I don't know who should get the job all I know is the politics of this whole thing is sicking.
Lutz was forced out once because he retired from teaching.
And the students stood up and revolted over that.
Ironton is not what it was but that does not mean it can not become what it was.
whether it be Ray who has experience.
Or Pendleton who has none.
The question is now who is the best person for the kids and the program.
Not who is the flavor of the day.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Word is grizzle accepted the job then called back and told them he changed his mind , Ray is not the answer he don’t show up for weight lifting at Fairview and misses workouts from to time . From. A Fairview person his exact words are ” he’s the most hands off lazy coach he’s been around “ so we sure don’t need this guy but if he was offered we will end up with him

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I am beginning to think no one on this board has any idea what's going on. Bottom line, the student athlete at ironton is getting a hose job.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

Well the ad is contacting these coaches. Not the board. The board is ready to vote on a coach. If the ad could find one.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Sounds like Ray = Vass the sequel

Return to “Football”